Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

After birth advice pretty please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

After birth advice pretty please _
PostSubject: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:00 am

Is it still supposed to sting like a biatch when peeing?????????? After birth advice pretty please 548646 After birth advice pretty please 548646 After birth advice pretty please 548646

Four days (almost exactly - minus an hour or so!) after giving birth

Man alive fit me with a bloody catheter now because I am getting serious toilet phobia

Getting worse not better though - mw useless yest (puled my legs apart with out asking - spd hips pubic bone now knacked - wtf?! told her not to come again!) any advice please ladies Sad xx

p.s. aside from that, baby delicious and all well!!! Has to be something though eh Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:15 am

yeh if you got stitches it will sting for a few days after. I used to dread going Mad peeing in a warm bath will help. I know it sounds gross but at least its your wee and no-on else's Laughing x
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 am

yip i agree the peeing in th bath deffo helped me!! but i liked my bath hot!! i struggled to walk so i wud advise to take it easy.think mine dropped out after a week or so? x
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:33 am

i used to stand in the bath and wee whilst holding the shower close using warm water x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 am

I heard that poring warm water over while going is supposed to help, I think fruit shoot bottles are good cause you can direct the water on your bits. X
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 am

Yeah the sting lasted a good while for me, probably about a week or so. Use a squirty bottle like a fruit shoot bottle to spray down there whilst weeing helps dilute the wee.

Drink enough, it will make you wee more but will make your wee weaker so hopefully not too stingy!

Or wee in the shower.. The only down side of that is you have to disinfect the bath after every wee!!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:42 am

Over here after giving birth you get a "maintainance kit" for your bits..ice gel pads that cool and reduce swelling and water bottle to squirt warm water during pee and poo. I still have the bottle as sometimes its nice to have a poor mans bidet freshen to help up. xxx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 am

I never used them but if your really suffering there are the gels pads that jen has just posted about in wilkinsons Smile
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:46 am

I had stitches with all 3 and felt they got quite "tight" ouchy - Im feeling your pain Sad

Run a couple of inch bath and add some normal household salt - not too much. ( half a palmful)
Sit in for few mins - I did this about 3 or 4 times a day to ease and clean... and no it doesn't hurt one bit

Well done Grace - glad bubs is doing good
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:52 am

Lavender oil in bath is supposed to help as well xx
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 am

Hey hun congrats again Smile
I had millions of stiches with Hannah (and Joseph) but didnt really experience the burning for more than 2 days Id say, def wee in warm bath or shower. I also used lavendar oil in every bath, and had a at least 2 a day (even if you only sit in for 10 mins) this helped my stiches heal sooo quickly both times.

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am

i had no stitches but i id have a graze which hurt like hell - i took to pulling my trousers off and peeing in the shower Laughing ahhh i remember like yesterday, it stopped hurting closer to 2 weeks later though Smile
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks ladies - I though it'd started to wear off, not increase, by now with bean scratch

Am peeing and using sports water bottle to rinse during/after - have bathed with teatree and lavender in too - but it stings afterwards for both - for ages too? Do you recall that or do you think the sting finished with the pee?!

Instinct is to put something on it - sudocream / savlon - it's not the stitches as they're internal, it's a tear the mw didn't stitch I think. Feels very raw and every move sit up or down is sore. Really can't tell whats going on down there but I know it makes me not want to eat or drink so I don't have to go near the loo at all!

I know I'm full of hormones but honestly the hag who came yesterday really upset me by saying 'oh if a midwife had been there you'd probably have got away with nothing' (no stitches) Sad last thing I wanted to hear. Well 'scuse me for pushing her out by myself with the paramedics Rolling Eyes
So had no useful advice - hence asking my banda lovelies!

Hope you are all well, we're in baby land here - although still can't believe the tiny tot is here - the duvet went to the tip btw Laughing Thanks to all the well-wishes, means a lot (which cheers and mixes in with the hormones too, thanks you guys After birth advice pretty please 270211 ) xxx
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:19 am

Aww hun..you may also have some superficial tearing close to your pee pee which would always sting when you went to the bathroom. If it becomes more painful hun..go in and have it checked out..could of picked up a nice little bacterial thingy. Get better soon missy! xxx
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 am

Omg id of hit the mw hag for saying that - god knows what the mws i had with H & Js birth did then seen as though they didnt 'stop' me tearing!! Rolling Eyes
Def mention it to a mw and ask them to have another look if it doesnt start to wear off in next few days? It does sound like you do have a tear like Jen says
xx
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 am

hiya hun i had tons of stitches but mine never stung.. but when i had jamie i had a scraze just on my lip bit just but my stiched and i never felt a sting like it ..it used ot take my breath away.. its liek if u did a chines burn typs scraze on your bits ouchie!!! i took arniica tablets and bathed in witch hazel x
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 am

After i had jaiden i had a very similar thing i thought it was stitches stinging but it was a really bad uti but that was due 2 having cathater in just a thought may u got a bit of an infection hun worth getting checked then u can get some antibiotics 4 it

have u tried weeing in a bath of warm water

Hope it gets better soon 4 u babes XXX
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 am

maybe you have a graze? i had a slight tear and it healed within days but by god that graze hurt
Quote :
but it stings afterwards for both - for ages too?
yes! it would bring tears to my eyes and hurt more after if i didn't jump straight in the shower ooooh i hope it heals soon for you!!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am

strange enough i never got this, even though i had an epesiotomy(sp) with leo and 2nd degree tears with oliver, yet my friend who didnt tear or get cut, felt the sting real bad...i just figured the sew me up nice and neat Smile

hope your foof is feeling better soon...ohh and can i recomend witch hazel if you hjave any bruising...magic Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:15 am

right just read the whole post, so you didnt have external stitches then, aparentley grazes are a bugger for stinging Sad could you contact your old hag of a mw and ask if theres anything you can put on it(ie teetree directley on to it) to soothe it and help it heal a little quicker, but like jen said if it lasts much longer id probibly go get checked hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am

the more u drink, the more dilute ur wee and the less sting. 100% agree with running a shower or pouring luke warm water over ur lady bits whilst pee weeing. off top of my head, think it was 27/28 internal stitching i had and since been back to be fixed... do u have a feather pillow. putting that on the sofa and sitting on it helped me. so did the cool packs, my midwife told em to take the 2 they gave me in hospital home lol !! glad i did, 20 mins in freezer was like heaven! or stuff some icecubes in a freezer bag and wrap in a dishtowel. hold to the foof i bought poundshops ones and cut in half and washed n re used till it wasnt sore. even when peeing, was so numb i couldnt feel it.
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 pm

i used to have a wee just before i got out the bath and squrting with the bottle sounds good too or like kinky says the more water you drink the more diluted it will be hope it stops soon hun x Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Lean forward when you pee hunni. That way, the wee is not going anywhere near the sore area. It works a treat.

I tore from front to back with Aimee and had loads of stitches Shocked, and it took me 2 weeks before I could even sit down properly (although it probably wasnt helped by having to wear jeans every day in hospital).

With Lily I had two stitches and a graze and because I leaned forward evertime I went for a wee, it didnt hurt at all.

Also, after you have been for a wee, give yourself a wipe with a baby wipe to make sure there is nothing left that can cause it to sting.

x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm

i did what laura said and lent forward but i grazed and my god that first pee i think they could of heard me in africa, i stung for a good 2 weeks ish

well done again hun you done fab xxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Aw Grace, you've just bought it all back for me!! Yep, TBH my foof stung/ached/hurt for 8 weeks!!! I had no infection but my stitches fell apart only 3 days after my episiotomy (I remember the MW checking them about 5 days after birth and actually syaing 'oh dear, you poor thing' Shocked ) they even sent me back to hospital about a week later and told me I may have had to go back under general to get restitched (thankfully I didnt). Anyway, yep all sounds very normal to me hun. Hope you heal really quickly and huge congrats again. xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: After birth advice pretty please   After birth advice pretty please Empty

Back to top Go down

After birth advice pretty please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
After birth advice pretty please Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words