Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Clothes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 am

Following on from the Toy thread!

What do you do with clothes?

I have stashed all Izzys in the attic, and really apart from the newborn naturals and a few 0-3 I have kept them.

I did sell some bits (dresses) that had been bought for her, that I didn't really like lol, Im not into dresses!

Spose at some point I will have to get rid cos the loft will be full..just know it will be hard!

I don't know how people have the patience to ebay them cos when she outgrows them I just wash them and put them in bags - the thought of ironing and photgraphing and listing them all is scary! Was bad enough when it was just a few dresses!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:05 am

I wash them and put them in the big Pampers boxes and then they go in the loft.

It came in really handy when we had Lily as we havent had to buy anything.

x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 am

Yeh lucky they were similar seasons!

That is my thought, although if/when they will ever be needed who knows...sods law I have a boy and its summer!
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 am

i give them all to charity, the minute they look a little tight lol.

i didnt save anything from braden even though we were trying for another baby from him being 3 months old.
I didnt see the point in saving baby grows etc cos he only got cheap tesco ones and they were a bit grey by the time he grew out of them.

I sound really bad with toys/clothes etc but we really do have the smallest of houses.
x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:22 am

Ive kept it for Awen but after that will pass most of it on. Some of her nicer stuff ive spent a little on like her leather jackets etc i may ebay so can treat her to some nice new bits but any of the asda/sains/tesco stuff will be given to friends i expect
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:33 am

i ebayed some pof paiges stuff, but i do still have about 70% of her clothes.. i also have given some way to friends who was having a girl.. i need to get rid of loads as we need to move soon.. but i odnt want to get rid of loads incase this baby is a girl.. as they are due two days before paigesd birthday! x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 am

brand new stuff we have either given to people who will use them or given to charity. stuff that is knackered or not in a condition i would use them (i.e not charitable!) i have thrown out/put in textiles recycling bin, ummm i have kept a few tiny things, like elijah's coming home outfit, first sleepsuit (i saw it the other day its SO tiny, and was too big haha) and a few other bits, but mostly it is gone Smile

i know it's kind of wasteful but when we have another baby i would like to buy new stuff again/gifts/new to us - poor thing will have a lifetime of elijah's hand-me-downs so for the first few months it will just be that baby's stuff if that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 am

hehe mari i was like that too, i wanted new baby to have own stuff.
I didnt keep anything so either way it would have had new stuff but i was glad it was a girl cos then there was no question why she had new stuff! lol
x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:05 am

Lisa..I am the exact same as you. There are items I have kept that mean alot..but as for the rest of her newborn clothes..I have tonnes and don't know what to do with them all. Some stuff hasn't even been worn. Never sold anything on ebay, but to wash and iron everything would be at least a 2 day project! xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:05 am

^ even the stuff i kept from when eli was teeny tiny i probably wouldn't use again, they are his! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:06 am

Ah see im doing it the other way round. Figure Awen will eventually not want hand me downs or knowing the size of c-fish they will end up in same siz so using the hand me downs while i still can to save money til shes older and can object lol
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:23 am

Mario that happened to my mum...my sister was 15 mnths older than me, but by the time I was walking I was pretty much the same size cos she was always so small!

So I am pretty sure we probably shared all the clothes after I was 2 , although special outfits she always bought 2 of if, she could in 2 colours!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:23 am

I kept all Harrisons stuff which has been passed onto Lewis. When L has finished with them I am passing them onto hubby's friend x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:36 am

Yeah once they are older they will get their own clothes but for now im not so bothered. Actually the outfit ive put in my hospital bag for Awen to wear the day she is born is the outfit C wore the day she was born. For some reason it seems special to me for both of them to wear it. Awen should fill it a little better though, its a tiny baby up to 7.5lb one but c's legs only came down to the knees in it lol
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 am

lol I have Izzys coming home outfit in her keepsake box, and it looks so small, but it was huge on her!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:26 am

I've got all of Ollie's stuff in those vacuum bags in the attic, they take up no space so i'm going to keep them in case we have another. They'll probably stay in the attic forever actually because if we don't have another boy I couldn't bear the thought of someone elses baby using his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:53 am

We gave everything to charity apart from the odd one or two bits that are in her keepsake box. Although I did keep everything from the moment I found out I was pregnant again but as we have found out he's a boy we have given it all away.

I would of been a bit peeved if this one was a girl though, we got rid of some absolutely gorgeous stuff (some with tags on still as Libby was in her harness for 13 weeks and couldnt wear anything but sleepsuits).

I think this time I might hold on to it just so I can give it all to someone I actually know.

Oh but I have dug out the snowsuit that Libby came home in (which was in her keepsake box), which is in beige and that's now in my hospital bag ready for when we bring little man home Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 am

ive kept about 4 big storage boxes full of lillys clothes birth to now, i have kept one item from each size group and special outfits or ones that were gifts and all her shoes!! i just cant part with it even though i am not planning on having anymore!!
i gave all the decent hardly worn stuff and vest baby grows etc to a friend and the other stuff to red cross.

ive even kept lillys bouncy chair, moses basket and stand and play mat and her few first toys as a reminder!! im mad!!

xx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am

i havnt thrown a thing away on the pretence that when no 2 comes we will reuse the lot clothes and toys as a lot of newborn stuff was neutral.

I have lent loads of stuff to my sister as she had a little girl last June and by chance Olivia wore the same outfit home as Gracie did because she fell in love with it too lol x

I have even kept packs of nappies that i didnt get round to opening
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 am

I sold or gave away all Wil's stuff up to 6 months old because I was adament I wasn't having another one.

Then the thought that I might have another one in the future made me start keeping stuff. I have one of those extra large vacuum bags full to bursting. Now my sister has announced she is having a boy I am giving everything I have to her with a view that if I ever did have another boy I can get it all back from her.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:32 am

i did lots of car boots with alotof alices baby stuff but we get given lots and lots of clothes from adams sister as her youngest girl is 6m older that alice.

but from 6m up i have pretty much kept everything, trouble is they are different season babies, so sorted through and got rid of things she def wouldnt wear.

we are having the same thing with E tho, she is massive compared to Alice and some 3-6 are just fitting her now, there isnt a chance in hell it will last to 6m i put a top on yesterday for the first time and the buttons were gaping Shocked

i have already gotten rid of the newbaby and 0-3 stuff, selling some and passing some on for free.
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:37 am

i've kept special outfits, gave stuff to friends and I ebay the more expensive things, i do have about 2 bin bags to sort through still though . I buy a lot of clothes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:46 am

errrrrrm I haven't kept anything Embarassed Ive got the hat she came home in because the one i took was too big and the midwife found one from the knitted donated stuff to the hospital blushlove I have given away alot of stuff to friends or charity, I'm not sentimental about clothes. Ive kept her cellular blanket that she was wrapped up in at the hospital. Sleeping bags and special dresses will be sold on ebay

oh yeh, I do use her old vests for dusters and cloths Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 am

the minging stuff has gone to the Sally Army bin, bodysuits and sleepsuits have been binned cos I'm sure I can buy them new for my next child but all Arwyn's nice clothes have gone into the pampers boxes and marked (newborn & 0-3 months Unisex, 0-3 months Girls, etc) and will be dumped in someone's attic until needed again Laughing

Arwyn's coming home outfit is in her memory box Smile
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 am

Iv kept everything except stuff that was stained or had gone grey. Her 0-9mths stuff is in my mums attic, sorted into neutral and girl according to age. 9mth-12mths is in a huge ikea bag under my hall table and needs sorted properly and 12mths+ is in her drawers which are fit to burst and need a serious clear out!

I need to be more ruthless, though my mum is the one encouraging me to keep everything incase I have another girl. Like people have said though even thats not a guarantee they will be used due to weight/season differences.

The 1st babygrow caitlin wore was my cousins little girls one who is 4mths older. Regret that a bit as I gave all her stuff back and it would have been nice to keep. I think when i have a 2nd, or if I havent got pg again by next year im just going to bag stuff up and leave to war on want. I couldnt be bothered ironing/photographing and posting on ebay. Most of her clothes were H&M, next, supermarket jobbies anway so wouldnt make a fortune back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Clothes! _
PostSubject: Re: Clothes!   Clothes! Empty

Back to top Go down

Clothes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Clothes! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Clothes! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Clothes! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Clothes! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Clothes! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Clothes! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Clothes! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Clothes! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Clothes! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Clothes! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Clothes! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Clothes! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Clothes! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Clothes! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Clothes! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words