Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

two questions....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:07 pm

not entirely related questions, but two nonetheless!

bf mummies - how long did it take for you to get af after having your baby? i'm sure i posted this before and got loads of replies but i can't remember what the post was now! i am getting a bit paranoid as i have had all kind of odd sensations in my abdomen for a couple of weeks and thought hmmmmm must be period time - but nothing, so not i have pg paranoia Laughing

and also...

when do babies stop being babies??? i'm not sure elijah is still a baby as such now Laughing i know it's a bit of a weird one and it doesn't matter at all (he will alllllways always be my little baby Very Happy) but when are they toddlers...or children...and not babies Laughing i think he is more of a little boy than a baby now, what do you reckon, is there an age???
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:12 pm

hun i cant answer your first question as i never bf, but the second one i have a theory.

there is no defintie age when our little ones stop being baby's, but i always think that when they come more independent, the moving around, feeding themselves, and finally potty training i would say they not a baby baby then.
to me a baby is a little person who needs everything doing for them.

but on the other hand, my son is 11 1/2 and i still call him my baby.

and with boys and girls i think this comes in too around that age, for me it was when he was climibing and being destructive with toys (oh those were the days) and people would comment oh isnt he a boy etc

as for the pg parnoria are we fx yes or fx no??? lol
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I class babies as newborns until they are 12 weeks old and toddlers when the baby has started toddling with confidence. I still see Drew as a baby although he can crawl he is still very dependant on us. He is not a very confidant crawler so doesn't venture too far xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 pm

hmmm well eli is destructive but its fairly containable just now haha and needs lots doing for him....but i look at pictures from 6 months ago and he looks so grown up now! hm Smile

Quote :
as for the pg parnoria are we fx yes or fx no??? lol
haha! who knows, probably fx no for now (boooooo) Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:22 pm

I cant answer the first one from experience, but I think its approximately 7-10 weeks after you have completely finished bf.

As for the second, I think they stop becoming babies when they start walking. Then they are little toddlers Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 pm

i got first af when oliver was about 14 months old i think...2 months after i stopped bfing...but i had signs of af coming for months

i still call oliver a boddler...he still has a baby type body and features...but is now getting proper little boy features...but when he's asleep he still looks like a little baby two questions.... 270211

i think once they reach one id class them as a boddler, then about 18 months a proper toddler..then about 2.5 id say a child xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 am

i went on the depo injection when Arwyn was 9 weeks old and got a period when she was 12 weeks but had nothing til i stopped breastfeeding (Sad) 3 weeks ago and i've had two confused with just a couple days in between (but that may also have something to do with the fact that i was meant to have my second depo 2 months ago, oops!)
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:26 am

hahaha umm yeah the depo issue might have a bit of an input there pixel Sad boo i didn't know you had finished completely! aw how sad - i suppose it is going to be easier that way when you go back to work though, i think im just going to keep going until it gets creepy Laughing or until he doesn't care anymore, he only has 1 or 2 during the day now and 1 or 2 at night Sad i will try and not follow your example period-wise though! wtf is that about???

i like boddler! when he is standing up he just looks like a very little proper boy Laughing but as you say, when he is asleep he is a teeny baby again...aww two questions.... 270211
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:32 am

I got my AF when Amelia was 5 months old and I exclusively BF til she was 12 months lol NOT FAIR!

I think they're babies until they're 1 or walking, then they're toddlers until 2.5 years. Then little girls and boys x
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

Hmm, I got my first period when Milo was 14 months, we were down to just one breastfeed a day at that point, had one period then instantly made Thing 2! I was exclusively bf'ing, then combination, then exclusive again, so I was surprised it took that long. If it's any reassurance, I had odd womb-y feelings for ages, could even feel things moving if I put my hand on my tummy, but that was just stomach moving about.

As for the second q, I decided Milo was not a baby any more the other week, when he snatched my biscuit out of my hand, slapped me round the face and stormed off. He's a teenager. pale
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:37 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
hahaha umm yeah the depo issue might have a bit of an input there pixel Sad boo i didn't know you had finished completely! aw how sad - i suppose it is going to be easier that way when you go back to work though, i think im just going to keep going until it gets creepy Laughing or until he doesn't care anymore, he only has 1 or 2 during the day now and 1 or 2 at night Sad i will try and not follow your example period-wise though! wtf is that about???

i was going to stop at 7 months anyway but she decided she didn't need me anymore 2 weeks before that Sad but at least it was easy and natural! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:25 am

No idea bout af im afraid as i bottle fed but for 2nd c was a baby til 1ish then a boddler til she was 18 months ish about the time she walked too, shes a toddler now and probs will be til shes 2.5-3.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 am

I only bf for 8 weeks and then went on mini pill at 4 wks and had random spotting at some point not long after but not sure when.

I still call Caitlin a baby but need to stop that. I say to people I have a baby and then they ask how old and I feel a bit odd now saying 19months nearly, I could see myself in years to come answering 6 1/2 Laughing .

Being sensible I think a baby is under 1 and a toddler is over 1 and walking - 2.5/3.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:58 am

I got af 6/7 weeks after stopping bf with both mine.

I agree with Laura - they are babies until they start toddling, then they are toddlers Razz

xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 am

ive only had one AF after stopping BF, it only lasted a couple of hours though. I'm still producing milk so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I don't think ava's technically a baby now but she'll always be my baby !
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:41 am

I didn't get my af till Maky was just over a year old. Was kinda nice...but was constantly buying pregnancy tests just to make sure I wasn't pregnant. Had a hard time trusting Shayne's vasectomy was 100% secure. Maky is trying so hard to be grown up to keep up with her siblings..but she is defo still a baby in my eyes. xxx
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 am

gemzandboys wrote:
i got first af when oliver was about 14 months old i think...2 months after i stopped bfing...but i had signs of af coming for months

i still call oliver a boddler...he still has a baby type body and features...but is now getting proper little boy features...but when he's asleep he still looks like a little baby two questions.... 270211

i think once they reach one id class them as a boddler, then about 18 months a proper toddler..then about 2.5 id say a child xx

I agree with Gemz with the boddler thing as Harry still looks like a baby but hes a walking baby lol, and when hes asleep he looks like a little baby.

Oh and I'm still waiting for my AF .... two questions.... 548646
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:24 am

well thank you all for the definitive answers Wink the juries out on both then Very Happy its nice to hear that af could still be quite far off, i will try not to panic too much and assume odd feelings are still things going into place (but how on earth would i know if they weren't eek haha)

i totally understand when people say their little one is their baby (haha even at 2) i think i should enjoy the last few months hopefully of eli being a proper baby then before he really takes off Laughing

pixel that's really handy that arwyn agreed with her mummy about it being the right time Very Happy bit sad but nice that it wasn't a battle so you didn't end up feeling bad. i reckon elijah really only uses me to go to sleep atm not so much for food but that suits me for now Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 am

No idea on the bf/ AF question as my boobies malfunctioned.

Wil was a baby until he was 1, then a boddler until he could walk and he is now a toddler and will be for a while yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

two questions.... _
PostSubject: Re: two questions....   two questions.... Empty

Back to top Go down

two questions....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
two questions.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
two questions.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
two questions.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
two questions.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
two questions.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
two questions.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
two questions.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
two questions.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
two questions.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
two questions.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
two questions.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
two questions.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
two questions.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
two questions.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
two questions.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words