Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 _
PostSubject: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 am

First topic message reminder :

are you still using that book? which bits did you use? did it help? hmm? hmm? hmm??? hahaha no really, i just want to know what you think of it.

so far we have just been 'gently removing' elijah haha and being consistent etc and he is going to bed at 7.30/8pm (hallelujah!) so i am getting a bit of time off which is completely amazing in itself Very Happy i am also having to feed him to sleep less but he's getting up between 5-12 times a night still (although, that lower number has dropped a few hasn't it Very Happy). so i just wanna know what bits have worked for you Very Happy

also how is arwyn? and you? its been sooooooooooooooo long since i saw you!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:07 pm

career? Laughing I have no interest in my job! i'd happily let P take care of me and stay at home! 3 weeks today til i'm back Rolling Eyes

I give Arwyn the little stars yoghurts, they say "perfect for weaning" so i bought them Laughing she had macaroni cheese last night (probably full of salt) cos daddy forget to bring her food to the restaurant last night. it seemed the least offensive thing on the kids menu and she loved it!! If I give her more than half a jar she's just sick, it's not me being cruel Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

i'm not sure im 100% into being a lady of leisure - john keeps joking about how he keeps me and all that and i find it really offensive! like i have given up my independence, i don't really like being reliant haha but i suppose it's my turn for a while Smile

i'm much more scared of salt than i am of sugar - elijah is quite into having his teeth brushed after brekkie and tea so thats good haha i let him have some cheese on toast last week and tbh he eats loads of cheese just now but other than that i try and be quite careful with salt...i'm trying to relax a bit though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 am

maybe not quiet a lady of leisure, if I had more kids I would..... but I'd be happy if I was just working 3 days a week, or 5 half days. I can dream!
I told him I was giving up after having the second one Wink hopefully he's had a promotion by then Laughing

I give Arwyn cheese everyday, usually it's a babybel, and she loves it! Very Happy she'll be a cheese fiend just like her mummy Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 am

i want a nice flexible part time job where i can do what i like when i like and get paid for it (...wait, i have that job and i don't want it...oh!) maybe i don't know what i want at all!

i am a complete cheese fiend too, besides crisps it's my absolute downfall Sad i bought a lovely bit of feta today and i was i was thoroughly enjoying it i was merrily thinking hmmm this is 97% fat nom nom nom haha
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:38 am

have you done any days yet? I'm praying for a lottery win in the next couple of weeks Laughing

I've never had feta but brie is the same, mmmmmm fat!! my friend brought round bacon and brie on friday to make nommy baguettes. cheese and crisps are my weakness too, i'm tucking into a massive bag right now instead of tea Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:44 am

a bag of cheese! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hahaha ahhh delicious cheesy/fried fat Very Happy

nah i'm not allowed to do any work until the end of march, what a shame. i had to let my notice period end which it did yesterday, then i have to not work for them for a month, then i can start. i have told them i'm only doing 2 hours at a time - it's visiting stuff so that will do, at about £9 an hour i should be able to make a few spending pennies Very Happy

ugggh i don't envy you, you are on the opposite countdown to the one we were on last year! how are you feeling about going back? are you looking forward to it???
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:14 am

I'm dreading it!
I'm not looking forward to having to get organised in the morning and being in work for 9am. I'm not looking forward to being away from Arwyn for 5 days out of 7 all day just to be home for tea, bath and bed Sad I'm not looking forward to anything apart from being "Me" rather than "Arwyn's mummmy".
And I've still not worked out a plan with the grandparents for her care.... I need to get that sorted. Tempted to speak to HR when I go back and dropping a Wednesday afternoon. P got his increase so we could afford it, but he'll take some convincing. Maybe if I'm really miserable after a few weeks he'll change his mind!!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 am

ugh Sad i really feel for you. if you were working over 16 hours a week you would get working tax credits which is an extra 400 a month or something, maybe you could manage on that? that way you would be working only 2 or 3 days a week and p could be there at least one of those to look after arwyn?? would still be tight though with your lost wages Sad plus you will still be getting child tax credits which will help a bit.

i was feeling sorry for myself last week because i have nothing to do and i don't really feel like i have much to look forward to - so i had to kick myself up the arse and remember to be grateful that i don't have anything to dread either!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:43 am

My (our) problem is we don't want to rely on money that's not being earned by us, if they suddenly take it away we're f*cked and my work probably then won't let me increase my hours again. Everything we get (child benefit, CTC etc) is an added (welcome) extra but we don't need it in order to survive. Maybe we're just too proud but we like being able to live in our means and afford stuff ourselves, we don't do credit cards etc.
Plus we're wanting to move so dropping too much isn't very sensible when trying to get a bigger mortgage!!!

You've got a visit from me to look forward to Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 am

Quote :
You've got a visit from me to look forward to Wink Laughing
aww well obviously there is that!

i know what you mean about not being reliant on the state or anything else, we feel the same but unfortunately the choice for us was john dropping out of uni and us both working and sending elijah to nursery...or just slumming it for a little while. i worked all through uni/college and before that and i'm missing it in a way - i feel like i'm not earning my keep (because i'm not!), but my priorities are totally different these days...i had to let go of my pride to stay with him, and it wasn't as easy as it sounds hahaha

or an even better plan - sell the flat, rent somewhere else and use the proceeds to live off for a bit Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy haha i am not very good with money Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 am

if/when we sell there will be nothing to live off! the flat is worth less than what he paid for it.

you were different with J being at uni, we both have jobs so there's no reason for us to need help. plus I need to go back for 3 months or I'll have to pay back my OMP!!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:03 pm

seriously???? that's lame! i was really worried about that but i didn't owe anything in the end - so i'm going to go back part time and go on maternity again mwahahahahaha. maybe Wink
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:58 am

sounds like a plan Wink if only I didn't have to have a baby and still get another 10 months off....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:32 pm

maybe you can get it for adopting a puppy or something Very Happy or really....do they need to actually *see* a baby at the end? surely you could just say you had one Wink or that it grew really fast and show them arwyn Very Happy

have you figured childcare out yet? do your mum/inlaws work fulltime??? that's going to be tricky, but i suppose at the weekend you aren't obligated to spend the whole time showing your child to people and letting them 'have a shot' of her! (do i sound bitter? got an email recently from an unnamed member of j's family moaning about being left out or something...ho hum!)

anyway! have an awesome birthday laying carpet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I'll just show them my big tummy, I look about the same as I did on my birthday last year..... in fact, I think I weighed less last year and I was 23 weeks pregnant Shocked Embarassed

My mummy is taking her on Wednesdays and Thursdays (got that confirmed last night) cos she doesn't work those days. P's parents work shifts so hopefully they can cover any other days. Would only be a max of 3 days a week anyway.
Spoke to P about my concerns of going back full time and not seeing my baby so he's agreed I can drop 3 hours on a Wednesday afternoon so I'll only have to work to 1 Very Happy Now I need to speak to my HR dept and get them to agree!!!

Did you send an e-mail back?? Arwyn is staying away over night for the first time at my mum's tonight, and she's staying at P's parents on friday night. I can't wait to have a sleep in!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll   piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:46 pm

nah it was j who got the email - i offered to email back haha but he declined...not sure why piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 879168

awww all night! it will be amazing to sleep in and not have to wake up through the night Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy happy days!

i weigh exactly the same as i did before i became pg - i'm sure that's good news in some form or another but i'm not happy at all about it haha Very Happy could be worse, could weigh loads more (but then i could blame the baby Laughing)

that's awesome about your hours - it will split your week up a little bit too and you will probably enjoy your time with arwyn loads more Very Happy
Back to top Go down

piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Member Messages-
Latest topics
» Spotting
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
piiiiixxxxxxeeeeeelllllllllllll - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words