Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Baby Sleep Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Baby Sleep Issues _
PostSubject: Baby Sleep Issues   Baby Sleep Issues EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Some of our members have shared their experiences below - hopefully you will find these interesting and of use!

If you wish to add you own experience please PM Lisa

Last edited by Lisa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Baby Sleep Issues _
PostSubject: Re: Baby Sleep Issues   Baby Sleep Issues EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 pm

At 19 months old, bean STILL wakes in the night.
He can go phases of not (like last week) but the strikes up again. He has never had a long period of sleeping through - teething and illness ALWAYS disturbs this and then we're back into bad habits and find it hard to get back again. Needless to say, we're knackered. It's got better - then worse - then much better - then much worse - and now we're doing just about OK.

All I can say is that CC was never an option but we did do a mix of 'pick-up-put-down' and some 'controlled ignoring' - he was fine, chattering and having a whinge - but we'd leave him to it and keep checking on him, taking turns. For both afternoon nap and bedtime he gets himself off to sleep and has done for the past 6 months. Prior to that he'd be sleepy after a bottle / milk and go down half asleep.

So, things I can think of to help (not that we're the best example!):

With younger babies, try to make their moses basket cosy - roll up a towel at it's edges and put it under the cot sheet, so that they have something against them - (but nothing like a positioner or big rolls obv.)
Bean slept MUCH better on his side as a baby - he probably would have loved to sleep on his belly but I couldn't bring myself to try. It was a big enough decision to try him on his side for day time naps only!
Putting something that smells like you in the cot - safely, of course. Or sleeping with their cot sheets yourself for a couple of nights before putting them on fresh.
Music - lullabyes but honestly, anything that they like and has a beat. We have a baby montior (BT one) that we can plug the ipod in to aswell. It's very well used! We have Elvis, Mika, The Noisettes, The Wiggles, The Night Garden songs, Stevie Wonder... all sorts on there at present.
Bean now has a pillow under his head but also a spare pillow down one edge of his cot - I keep meaning to sew it up into more of a bolster / cylinder shape - as he kept rolling into the cot bars. Also he much preferred our bed and being all cosy and having something/one next to him, so this was a substitute!
He refused a dummy until at least 6-8 months but once he would take one, we tried it. It's not helped greatly but does soothe him somewhat! He only has it for bedtime / naptime.
Bean's always had a muslin when sleepy (following on from being younger and using one to breastfeed, so it smelled like Mummy...) and still does and likes to cosy up with it. Very handy as easy to wash&dry and he's not attached to one thing. Although one comforter / blanket / teddy for sleep time is worth a try?!
Ashton and Parsons powders - we can really tell the difference when using these!
Quiet time before bed - we have stories downstairs with supper (cup of milk & toast) then teeth, bath and then another story in his room just before bed.

That's all I can think of for now - it's not like we're the best example but a few things to try, plus we have had other factors going on that meant we got into bad habits (night feeds, for example) which are hard to get out of. Hth x
Back to top Go down

Baby Sleep Issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Baby Sleep Issues Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words