Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

feel so rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:48 am

Took Jamie to be weighed and the hv made me feel like c**p. His 20lb14 and well above the top line. She told me I must be giving him too much formula and wouldn't believe I bf. When I did convince her I asked if I should try feeding him less and she said no. Another hv did come and speak to me and said he looked in proportion and not to worry. Hubby is 6ft4 and Jamie has a long, broad body and looks much older than he is. My sister's two were like it as well and are now very tall and skinny. I mentioned it on another site and just got told I must be wrong and I didn't know what Jamie weighed. Now i'm sitting here in tears because I feel like i'm doing something wrong. I wouldn't mind if I was but am just doing what the hv have told me to and they've said to keep on doing the same thing
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 am

Oh hunni, sending you firstly a great big hug!

Am I right in thinking that he was quite a big baby when he was born?? xx
Back to top Go down
xxKatxx

xxKatxx

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 am

I don't think people on the other site were saying you were wrong but it is surprising for a 3 month old to be 20lb, but as you say your hubby is tall and your little boy is long and broad so he is going to be heavier. I was just going to reply and ask how much he weighed at birth because obviously if they start off 'heavier' then they're going to be higher on the charts than lighter babies.
You're not doing anything wrong at all, you're bf'ing and he's taking as much as he wants whenever he wants, so sod anyone who makes you feel crap and any Health visitor who can't keep her mouth shut. The charts are just a guideline, they don't take into account babies who are taller than average or anything. They're designed to say what an 'average' baby should be but who decides what is average?! cos they don't change it very often and what may have been average 2 years ago might not be now!
If your little boy is happy, feeding, weeing and pooing then you're not doing anything wrong so don't feel bad you're doing everything you can and should.
awww hug xxx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:05 am

Aww hun i'm sorry you're feeling crap about it. If he's in proportion and your hubby is tall then i wouldn't worry. Sounds like you're doing fine. Try not to let others make you feel down. I remember the hvs made me feel awful about Immi not putting on weight once but by the next day i thought stuff it i know i'm giving her enough and shes happy &healthy and she's just fine now. xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 am

Please don't worry chick. Lewis was a much bigger baby than Harrison they are actually in the same size nappies and they are a year apart. Me and my husband are tall and Lewis is going to be a tall boy. Just carry on with what you are doing Hun x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 am

hun my sister in law was told last week when she took the twins to be weighed that they are obese and that she should feed them less they only have 3 small meals and 2 bottles a day (they are 11 months) and one weighs nearly as much as my gracie.

She felt like crap but then thought you know what they are my babies i know them they are feeding well, they are healthy and they dont look fat infact they both look scrawny as like you say they are very tall

You are his mum you are doing fab and stuff what they say hun just keep doing what your doing and if he is happy why change xxx
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 am

I always got told Lilly was overweight, did i cut out any feeds? No you know whats best for your baby not silly Hv's xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks ladies. Kat probably reacted badly because I felt bad anyway. They thought he was I going to be massive at birth but was actually only 8lb7 in the end. He does have very chubby cheeks and is a chubbier baby but has no rolls of fat. I wouldn't mind but every time I go I ask if I should be doing something different and they always say no and they're not worried
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 am

Have just had a look-see and my baby boy who was 7lb 5oz born & exclusively BF was 16lb 2oz @ 15wks, just shy of 17lb at 19 weeks. I'd say he was at about the 20-21lb mark at about 36-40 weeks though as the rate of growth tailed off? Did they measure height also though scratch
I have no idea if that's helpful, it's intended to be Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:51 am

Aww hun, HV's can make you feel rubbish can't they. They tried to worry me when Amelia went down to the 25th centile for weight but I knew I physically couldn't get anymore into her. She was BF and on 3 meals and 2 snacks already and when she wasn't eating she was asleep! I just thought feck em and didn't take her to be weighed for a year. She's now on the 50th for her weight so I sayfeel so rubbish 195535 to HV's! One tried to tell me Amelia had too muck milk at a year old before she'd even weighed her and then had to back track and tell me to give her more, numpty!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 am

at the end of the day the HV just has a graph and they look at that and make judgements. They shouldn't do it. As long as your baby is happy and healthy then screw them all you know best your his mum stick with your instincts and you can't go wrong x
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:48 am

Did they measure his length?

Andrew was always on the 98th centile for height and 91st centile for weight so dispite him being quite big it was appropriate for his height?

Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:27 am

aww hun dont listen to them! im sure your doing the right thing!!
#

i had this with paige, but to be fair she is a tall child. i look at other peoples kids who are the same age n think all soo small but its paige whop is huge! n she was a porker when she was a baby lol but it did no harm.. and no she is running baout there is nothing off her x
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:51 am

AWWW hun
How horrible of the midwife to make you feel so bad.
You are breastfeeding your baby (my you must make good white stuff lol) so how on earth can you overfeed him.
My god they are stupid these bloody midwives.
Hope you feel better hun
XxXxX
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 am

Thats horrible, you cant (as far as i am aware) over feed a BF baby so tell them to bloody do one!!

god they piss me off HV, i rang mine when E was 12 weeks and screaming the house down all day long, she helpfully ytold me she was teething! in actual fact she she has reflux!

dickheads alot of them
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 am

Aww hun, ignore her you're doing a brilliant job. My son is a whopper and really tall too, he weighs virtually the same as my 3 year old niece Laughing but thankfully my hv measured his height as well as his weight which means that he's perfectly normal and healthy. You know you're doing a great job, stuff the hv feel so rubbish 63571 and for you feel so rubbish 466645 xxx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks ladies. Had a cry to my sister who said she occasionally got told the same thing. She has a hv friend who told her they're not supposed to even think about babies being overweight until 1. Have put it into perspective now so am just going to ignore her
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 am

don't worry you're doing great, i have the opposite problem, ava weighs that and she's over a year but i know she's perfectly healthy. most hv's haven't got a clue.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

I really don't like HVs, they make people feel bad for no reason.

All babies are different shapes, so why make mums feel bad about having a big one?! Im sure you arent force feeding him!!!

Dont let other people compare their baby to yours and make out he is somehow 'wrong'
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 am

Lisa wrote:
I really don't like HVs, they make people feel bad for no reason.

All babies are different shapes, so why make mums feel bad about having a big one?! Im sure you arent force feeding him!!!

Dont let other people compare their baby to yours and make out he is somehow 'wrong'

I totally agree. x
Back to top Go down
betty

betty

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 am

I really would not worry, sounds like you just have a silly moo for a HV. I just checked my book and Daniel was 20lb at 21 weeks. I breastfed him too and no one ever mentioned him being too big. He was on the 91st . I bet his height matches it, that is the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

feel so rubbish _
PostSubject: Re: feel so rubbish   feel so rubbish Empty

Back to top Go down

feel so rubbish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
feel so rubbish Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
feel so rubbish Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
feel so rubbish Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
feel so rubbish Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
feel so rubbish Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
feel so rubbish Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
feel so rubbish Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
feel so rubbish Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feel so rubbish Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feel so rubbish Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
feel so rubbish Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
feel so rubbish Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
feel so rubbish Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
feel so rubbish Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
feel so rubbish Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words