Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Do you ever feel guilty....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

Do you ever feel guilty.... _
PostSubject: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 am

Do you ever feel guilty when you call in sick for work, even if you are genuinely too ill to go??

I rang in sick for work this week with my back, as there is no way I could have even got to work, let alone managed to sit at my desk and get any work done, and to be honest I really could do with taking next week off too. But I have this over whelming sense of guilt....even to the point of using my 'poorly voice' when I have spoken to my boss (even though he has been really nice about it).

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 am

Yup!!
I was signed off work for a while and ended up resigning, I was getting full pay and would have done for 12 months but felt REALLY awful about it

Some may say I was mad to throw away a full salary and should have gone sick the whole year ... but I didn't even feel right going to the supermarket... I felt like I had to be a prisoner in my home even though I was genuinely and still am not able to that job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 am

yeah i felt awful for being off sick last week with tonsilities even tho i was in so much agony i was in tears. my boss is really good tho too so i dunno why i feel so bad. guess its just our conscience - we must be too nice!! x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 am

I hate it! I don't ever do it unless I'm really sick and 99% of the time I go to work and let them send me home!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:29 am

ummmm not these days (erm you know what i mean - when i was/am working) i used to but then i realised that having ill people at work is sooooooooo annoying and i used to always wish they had stayed off instead of spreading their germs around and not doing anything Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:45 am

pixel wrote:
I hate it! I don't ever do it unless I'm really sick and 99% of the time I go to work and let them send me home!

That's what I usually do!!

Lisa, I feel the same. I went somewhere today and my car flipping broke down!!!! And I was beginning to panic in case I was spotted out in the car Rolling Eyes

We get full pay for 6 months and then half pay for 6 months, and loads of people really abuse this, but I can't help feeling guilty!!!!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:56 am

I was signed off with depression for 3 weeks about a year ago. The school even insisted I saw the dr as I kept crying but I still felt like I should be at work and felt guilty about leaving the house
Back to top Go down
Tarn

Tarn

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 pm

That was me yesterday. I had monday and tuesday off work this week because my son was sick and then my throat started getting sore Wednesday night. Had a temperature through the whole night and woke up yesterday barely able to swollen but because of that stupid guilt thing, I went to work when I knew I shouldn't be.

Ended up making a doctors appointment to be told I have tonsillitis. Still felt guilty telling work that I wouldn't be in today. I don't have a boss that tells me to go home if I'm sick, so I think because of that it makes the guilt thing worse because I feel he expects me to stay at work.

This guilty feeling really is pants!!! I'm genuinely sick and I feel like a school kid wagging from school.

Tania.x

Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 pm

No! If I am ill I am ill and I am not going to drag myself into the office and give it to everyone else.

I have the sort of job where it doesn't matter if I am at my desk, in my car or sitting eating my dinner I can still be thinking about it and working on stuff so I have no guilt whatsoever in not working when I am officially at work (I am working from home now). I carry my blackberry all the time, take calls and respond to emails on days off, in the evenings and at weekends so why should I feel guilty for not working occasionally. (I even take my phone to the loo at work and have a cheeky 5 minutes on Banda Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 pm

they called an ambulance for me last february after i collapsed, due to a problem with hip, never been so embarrased in all my life, i was in work the next day at 8.30, did 5 meetings and went home at 5.30. it took me a month of working to realise i had hurt myself and needed time off, went to docs was signed off for 6 weeks and wasnt allowed to walk...

since this incident and being pg i've taken time off sick with no guilt, you not throught any highly off they just know they can use you...
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes i use to get oh to phone when i had time off when i was pregnant because they use to moan. I worked in food so i was always being sick x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever feel guilty....   Do you ever feel guilty.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you ever feel guilty....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Do you ever feel guilty.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words