Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Facebook status'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

Now this is not aimed at anyone in particular so no getting paranoid.
But why oh why do people put cryptic statuses and then the person who its about challenges it they then come back and say no its not aimed at you or about you??
I have had this done to me and it drives me nuts!
Why cant people just have it out with the person they have the beef with or put what they really feel instead of hiding behind a computer screen!! Or at least have the balls to admit to the person it was about them!! One of the things i hate about FB!

Rant over x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am

know what ya mean, i'm guessing somebody is being cryptic lol....

if i choose not to say anything to the person then i just forget it!

x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:35 am

Feel better for that?? LOL yeh I know what you mean, I get it too its very petty! xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 am

I have no clue what prompted you to do this post but does it not say 'Whats on your mind?' In that case, are people not just writing whats on their mind?! Very Happy

I'm not out to upset or be sarcastic..but that just the way I see it. I am guilty of the odd cryptic status..and that is just me sharing 'whats on my mind' Wink
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 am

Yeh I hate the ones aimed at someone..even worse when turns out the person cant even read it as a) doesn't even use FB, or b) they deleted them already Laughing

However even worse than that is messages like
'I don't know what to do'
and then replies of
'about what'
'hope u r ok?'

and then they say 'oh nothing' Laughing

WTF get a life!

Last edited by Lisa on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i cant spell!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 am

OMG Lisa thats what annoys me lol, even though I did have a bit of a cryptic status this morning but I was just annoyed lol xx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:43 am

No nothing has prompted me and its not about anyone either, i just look at peoples statuses not necessarily from here either and think god just say what you mean!!!

I put statuses about things that dont mention peoples names, but thats just cause they arent on my fb so wont see it anyway, i would hate to think a horrible status was about me and everyone knew it.

FB is peeing me off lately xx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 am

Lisa wrote:
Yeh I hate the ones aimed at someone..aven worse when turns out erson cant even read it as a) doesn't even use FB, or b) they deleted them Laughing

However even worse than that is messages like
'I don't know what to do'
and then replies of
'about what'
'hope u r ok?'

and then they say 'oh nothing' Laughing

WTF get a life!

Yeh Chelsea does this!!! Pees me off!! I tell her off about it all the time!!
I must admit the status thing isnt as bad now i have deleted some of chels mates!!
They are so bitchy! That one of the reasons for this post really.
I hate to see chels getting secretly slated when its so obvious they are talking about her! Grrrr frikken FB
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 am

Urgh Lisa I agree I hate the 'Im so hurt by what just happened' ones that then lead to 6 replys and no response's explaining.... especially when you can see that the person is still online! In saying that I suppose its up to an individual to decide whether they want to tell ppl they're upset but not say why.... and I suppose maybe who it is aimed at will get it.

My SIL does cryptic one's all the fecking time eg 'There's just no pleasing some ppl' or 'I dont know why I bother to be polite'.... Quite often if she put's them up just after she has been babysitting I get paranoid but never ask if she means me.
Once I texted to say sorry id just read her msg (meaning text msg) and she quickly wrote back, oh that fb msg wasnt about you... it was about my friend in uni dont worry. I checked FB and there was something about someone being so rude and hard to talk to, that made me paranoid after.

I think quite often any status could relate to 40 different people and people do get paranoid unnecessarily.
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:01 am

Too many people use their facebook status as a bloody diary! I don't fookin care if you're going for a shit Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:04 am

Claire wrote:
Too many people use their facebook status as a bloody diary! I don't fookin care if you're going for a shit Rolling Eyes

LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:04 am

My sister is forever posting comments that annoy me/pee me off. She uses status shuffle to pick
comments for example this 1 :

' Would like it very much if something really nice could happen to me...just for a change please???? Sad'

I wouldnt mind if she had been down her luck or was having a shit time of things but believe me she isnt! Evil or Very Mad Compared to the all the things me and o/h have been dealing with her life is an absolute dream but she always likes playing the poor me card. Hence all her friends giving her the virtual hugs and asking her if she is ok. Evil or Very Mad

I never use facebook in this way. Grrrrrr just annoys me lol
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 am

ha ha ha couldn't agree more Claire!!! Laughing

**runs off to check my recent facebook status**!!!! ha ha dont I do it but I will look anyway!!!

The worst ones for me are the bragging ones about "my wonderful family, wonderful life, wonderful house, im so busy blah blah blah etc etc" If its that ferkin wonderful how have you got time to post on facebook!!!! grrrrrrrrrr too now!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 am

I suppose all status's will bug someone. I mean mine about Caitlin may be mildly interesting to ppl on here, my family and a few close friends but im sure some old school/work friends who dont have kids think im a boring biatch. I have noticed that sometimes I add people and then a few months later they have disappeared, clearly being a mummy isn't exciting enough gossip for them.

Another thing that bugs me is when couple's have full blown conversations with themselves. Even if it isnt a domestic, (thought they can be fun lol). I always find it strange why they cant ring/text eachother. Why do they need the world to see?

I suppose the question is.... What should people put on FB??? Baby stuff is boring, couples shouldnt talk to each other, you cant say how you feel without being specific, you cant brag, you cant moan..... What do people put without being judged? Question
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:28 am

snoopy21 wrote:

I suppose the question is.... What should people put on FB??? Baby stuff is boring, couples shouldnt talk to each other, you cant say how you feel without being specific, you cant brag, you cant moan..... What do people put without being judged? Question

People can put what they want i suppose, not for anyone else to judge, this is just my personal dislike. I suppose if you dont wanna see someones status then you delete them? lol xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 am

I’m no great fan of FB (that’s why I’ve never had the urge to have one) but I can see how some people get enjoyment out of it and it is a way of communicating.

As for cryptic messages! Sometimes it may be better to be cryptic than to offend someone directly! J
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 am

There are a few people's status's do my nut in on a daily basis... but im to damn nosey to do a clear out and know the day I did something juicy would happen in their life and I would miss it ALL Laughing

Im such a freak on FB, im currently stalking a girl I have never met, just stumbled upon her somehow. Please dont call the police Laughing She seems to have a baby in care, is pg again, drinking like a loon, in an on off relationship, talks/rants to herself, claims to see 'her stalker' at her window, is in court quite often re ASBO's and care order's, erm she has a whole rant about SS in a page she set up under her info bit, constantly threatening other people..... Its very sad, but somewhat addictive seeing what has happened to her every week. I dont know why she has her page so open.

I was just about to put a link to her page up but that may be naughty. I'l pm it to anyone who has stalker like tendencies like me! I sat for about 2 hrs one night going through about 8 months of her drama filled life.... I need more real life friends dont I LOL!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 am

BabyMilly wrote:
I’m no great fan of FB (that’s why I’ve never had the urge to have one) but I can see how some people get enjoyment out of it and it is a way of communicating.

As for cryptic messages! Sometimes it may be better to be cryptic than to offend someone directly! J

You forget to take your reading glasses off? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 am

snoopy21 wrote:

Im such a freak on FB, im currently stalking a girl I have never met, just stumbled upon her somehow. Please dont call the police Laughing She seems to have a baby in care, is pg again, drinking like a loon, in an on off relationship, talks/rants to herself, claims to see 'her stalker' at her window, is in court quite often re ASBO's and care order's, erm she has a whole rant about SS in a page she set up under her info bit, constantly threatening other people..... Its very sad, but somewhat addictive seeing what has happened to her every week. I dont know why she has her page so open.

I was just about to put a link to her page up but that may be naughty. I'l pm it to anyone who has stalker like tendencies like me! I sat for about 2 hrs one night going through about 8 months of her drama filled life.... I need more real life friends dont I LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! That just cheered me up no end!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 am

I sometimes wonder if certain cryptic statuses are about me but if they have to be cryptic and haven't got the balls to pm me their gripes then so be it!!

I had someone recently bitching about someones food updates so I don't do that as much anymore even though I do enjoy reading what others are going to have. I went to catering college, I've worked in catering, wish I could do it still. I'm just so passionate about it like I'm passionate about my children and what we've done that day but I'm getting sick of all the snipey bitching and always worry each time I want to update my status.

Dunno what's happened to freedom of speech and all that!! Sad xx xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am

snoopy21 wrote:
BabyMilly wrote:

hehehe
Im in work copying and pasteing from email so it looks like I'm doin a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 am

snoopy21 wrote:
BabyMilly wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 am

snoopy21 wrote:
There are a few people's status's do my nut in on a daily basis... but im to damn nosey to do a clear out and know the day I did something juicy would happen in their life and I would miss it ALL Laughing

Pm me lol, I am just as bad lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 am

i do odd cryptic ones, but they normally about work and have to be cryptic, although thats stopped now as i deleted the lot of them lol.

i do everynow and then have conversation with russ, but its normally when he at work and i'm stuck at home, but we already had a chat on the phone too.

but the ones that annoy me are couples having full blown arguments on fb, those should be kept between you and not aired, but for me thats about closed doors etc
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 am

Dilly put up what you want! Im not gona stop putting things up about Caitlin just to hang on to a few fb friends who get bored by it. I said before in the come dine with me thread on here that id like to do dinner with you to see what your food is really like. I often wonder if its really fancy or whether you just describe it in a posh way.

If people really get peed off by it they will delete you, simples. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Facebook status' _
PostSubject: Re: Facebook status'   Facebook status' Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook status'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Facebook status' Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Facebook status' Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Facebook status' Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Facebook status' Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Facebook status' Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Facebook status' Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Facebook status' Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Facebook status' Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Facebook status' Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Facebook status' Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Facebook status' Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Facebook status' Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Facebook status' Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Facebook status' Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Facebook status' Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words