Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* _
PostSubject: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Dexter is a nightmare for his sleeping, and it seems to be getting worse Sad

The main problem I think is as soon as he start stirring and makes a noise I go to him and either feed him or cuddle him back to sleep, I do this as I dont want him to wake Libby up (or Simon if its the middle of the night as he has to work).

But its getting ridiculous, it can take him a good hour in the evenings to settle then he'll be up at least 3 times in the night, sometimes it can take me an hour or more to get him back off to sleep.

I did controlled crying with Libby, she took to it really well as would cry herself to sleep fairly quickly and after just a few days was absolutely fine and going off to sleep on her own within minutes. I've thought about doing CC with Dexter but he just doesnt cry himself to sleep - he gets absolutely hysterical, last night he woke up at 1230 literally wide awake and chatting in his cot, so I thought I'd leave him to it, he started crying and even with me going in shushing him etc it took 2 and a half hours for him to finally drop off again. I asked Libby this morning if she heard Dexter last night, she said she did but when I asked what he was doing she didnt answer so I'm not sure she did hear him iykwim.

What would you do, would you try CC for a few nights even though it may disturb Libby? Or would you carry on nursing or cuddling him to sleep to save the lack of sleep for Libby?

Last edited by Susan,Libby&Dexter on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:59 pm

I think you need to find a night where Simon isn't at work the next day and maybe even get a family member to have Libby for the night or two and just do CC. When we first did CC Imogen would get hysterical and it was really hard as first night or two it took over an hour but it only took a few days and she started getting herself to sleep fine. I think if you're not worrying about Simon and Libby you'll find it a lot easier to get him into that routine. I think you're going to exhaust yourself if you carry on nursing and cuddling him at all hours.
Good luck x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:38 pm

I personally wouldn't but then I don't agree with controlled crying. If it just makes him hysterical it may well just make him worse anyway but only you can decide that.

Last edited by liberty on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:01 pm

You know what you need to do chick and no matter what you do it will be the right thing. Long term is it better that libs might have 1 week of disturbed sleep while you sort it or potentially months? Think about everyone in the equation and that includes the person you think of the least-thats YOU by the way woman (!) and find the solution thats gonna benefit you all long term. You will do right xxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks Shell, yeah I know it needs to be done, I think tomorrow night is the night to start as Simon's not working sunday. Hopefully it wonnt take long to sort.

Liberty, I understand you dont agree with CC, thats fine but I really dont think I (or my back) can stand nursing/cuddling him back to sleep much longer.

Lise, loves ya xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 pm

hun i think you have to try something, you cant carry on with little sleep, it might disturb libby but if thats what you need to do then do it,

we let lucas cry it out last night, as he was clean, fed and just being a grump, he was asleep in half an hour, but it does make you feel terrible.

hope you get him sorted soon x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 pm

I think it's worth a try hun, and ok it must disturb libby and OH but well libby can nap in the day if she's that tired and OH has to realise that its just a small sacrifice to make to hopefully have you feeling a bit more normal and getting some decent rest

It will be better for everyone in the long run *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:56 am

Well I spoke to Simon when he got home and he just said 'what about Libby, its not fair on her' Sad I told him something needs to be done as it's getting worse, so he reluctantly agreed.

So tonight I was ready for the battle, we put Libby to bed and I gave Dexter his last feed, he started screaming as soon as he finished (before I'd even gone into his room) so I thought 'oh great, this is going to be hard', went into his room, laid him in his cot and walked out. That was at 710 and I havent heard anything from him!! Shocked I'm not going to count my chickens just yet but I really hope thats him down for the night Sleep
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:12 am

Sounds promising, sometimes it's easier than you expect. Has he been up since? x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:17 am

Glad its gone ok for you so far tonight. I've got no problem with other people doing cc in case you think I was trying to push my views on you. I can see why you want it sorted as well.
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:40 am

Crikey, that was a good start. Dare I ask how it went after that?

Imogen would always stir herself up into a frenzy if we left her to it as well. I just spoiled her rotten for far too long tbh and eventually she slept for longer and longer, but with a second one I wouldn't be able to do that because it wouldn't be fair on Imogen.

Fingers crossed for you xxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Well I'm in shock this morning!! He woke up screaming at 9pm so I went in and shushed him and rubbed his tummy - he didnt stop so I walked out again, he carried on screaming for just 5 mins then went back to sleep Very Happy

He slept until 645am!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers I thought my boobs were going to explode though as he'd gone nearly 12 hours with no milk (I dont find expressing really eases it for me).

I'm really hoping it isnt a one off but even if it is, at least I've had a one good night Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Susan that's brilliant. Keep at it Hun. As for Simon saying what about Libby I understand but what about you. Surely sorting dexters sleep makes a happy dexter and happy mummy which would make Libby happy too as she'll notice your happier.

Men don't get these things they see you looking after children even though your tired and presume nothing is wrong.

Sorry mini rant there.

But keep at it and remember to do exactly the same with his naps too as he'll learn during today to and should fingers crossed make for a straight forwRd night again.

Also how is dexter this morning? Does he seem happier?
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 pm

i'm so pleased he slept for you, and really hope he continues for you, he just needs to get use to it.

glad you got some sleep though
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:30 am

Thanks ladies!!

Well tonight he's putting up a fight Sad He was absolutely shattered and fell asleep while feeding at 650pm, I put him down as usual and he slept for half hour has screamed on and off since. I know the little bugger is really tired as he keeps yawning everytime I go in to him so why wont he just sleep!?!?!? Mad

I'm being strong though and not picking him up, just rubbing his belly and shushing him, its gone quiet for now (been about 10 mins) so fingers crossed hes given up.

Hopefully, as Libby was also shattered, she is sleeping through it - shes so good that we never actually know if shes woken up bless her. xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:32 am

You're doing really well and although he woke up again 30mins later sounds like he's adjusting to the CC routine well.

Bless Libby, like someone else said it's better for her to have a couple of nights being disturbed than have an exhausted unhappy Mummy and possibility of being woken every night.

x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks Shell xx

He did settle at the time I posted and slept until 430am, I wasnt sure what to do then as he'd gone 10 hours without anything so in the end I fed him. He fell asleep on the boob but woke up as I put him back in his cot and settled himself off to sleep, he then slept until 730am.

Si I am pleased so far as he seems to of learnt how to settle himself at last Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 am

Good for you chick. Sounds like hes doing great and its gotta be so much better for you to be getting a decent whack of sleep
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Sooo Sunday night he went straight down at 7pm, I heard him stir a few times but he didnt wake or if he did he didnt cry, he woke up crying at 245am - I went in and shushed him, came back out, he carried on crying so after 5 mins went back in and shushed him, he fell asleep while I was doing it so I came back out and he started crying again (Rolling Eyes ) - he didnt last the 5 mins before he fell asleep himself though and slept til 6am.

Monday night went virtually the same as sunday night so I *think* its worked cheers cheers

(cannot believe its only taken a couple of nighst to sort out, if I'd have known that I would of done it alot sooner Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* 517725 )
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Glad he seems to be better and hope it lasts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*   Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Need to sort his sleeping out... *UPDATED* Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???