Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What your toddler learnt today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd start this as a little record of stuff they learn as I don't update her memory book very often and then forget!

I can't remember further back than last night lol, so Last night and this morning her new words are:

see-saw
nunu
doh (playdoh)

Add yours!

Last edited by Lisa on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:44 am

mummajade wrote:
awww I can't wait for Tyler to start talking properly... at the moment he likes saying GO but thats for go and good
he loves saying DOG but he sort of says OG instead
and CA for cat

he's learning to walk and today he's been learning how to put the right puzzle pieces in the right place (he doesn't do it on his own you have to show him where it goes) erm and his favourite thing is putting things where they belong (like the lid back on his beaker or his dummy in it's case etc)

I dont know if its usual but I have found that since Izzy has begun to walk properly her learning has improved really quickly - she picks up words so quick and also her actions are more purposeful and copying me
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:44 am

It amazes me when they suddenly come out with a new word or saying that your unaware that they could know.

Jacks newbies are 'over there', 'where are you?' and 'oh no,dropped it'
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 am

Lisa I have heard that once they can walk it sort of connects loads of bits of their brain and helps them learn and develop even more/quicker.

He did some puzzle pieces on his own today!! and took him to my office and he wasn't quiet and scared and shy like he normally he is he even went up to on my colleagues to hold her hand and stroke her arm!! (not that that's learning but it made me proud)
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 am

Oliver's new ones are 'this' and 'there t'is' Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:03 am

Wil's latest things are all 'Thomas' related. He can point out each of the main engines if you ask him to point to 'Thomas', 'Gordon' etc. He dances to the old school Thomas music too and winds the DVD to the end of the episode so the music is on again.

His biggest achievement this week though is walking about a mile by himself on a dog walk yesterday. Everytime we tried to hold his hand or pick him up we received a barrage of 'down' and lots of struggling. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:37 am

Izzy is a bit taken with babies right now, she loves her baby Anabelle, but also in one of her word books which has a lot of pages there is a baby in a cot...she will sit and turn the pages til the gets to that page and then just says baby baby and pointing, then she closes the book and does it again lol
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:12 am

Tayla reads books to her 'babies' and hold their hands to touch the material bits (thats no my books etc) bless her. She rocks them and put her finger to her lips and say shhh nun nights.
Today she learnt....to climb out of her travel cot and on to my mums bed (its at the end of mums bed) Taylas also obsessed with putting things in the bin, she picks of tiny bits of fluff on the rug, says bin and off she trots to the bin. Was cute until i couldnt find my phone....guess where it was??
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:38 pm

more learning here. Wil watched me attack my eyebrows with tweezers and next thing I knew he found the tweezers and was trying to do his own (scary though, pointy things near his eyes) This morning's lesson - how to put your socks on. Wil is insistent on having a go himself and he did sort of get them on.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Oooh I have just seen this post.

Aimee has come on in leaps and bounds in the last week with her speech.

My mum got me a 'snuggle blanket' Laughing the other day which is pink... so, James was wearing it (lol!) and I joked and said 'oooh sexy' and Aimee copied me and learned how to say 'sexy' (in a gruff voice!), lol!

x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:12 am

Oliver's vocabulary has come along so much now, he says loads of words now.

But his other little things he does is he's started getting a book, sitting on the couch and reading it lol, its so funny.

He's also learnt to sing twinkle twinkle this week when he see's a star shape. Although it does sound alot like tinkle-tinkle Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:24 am

Lol zee caelyn sings tinkle tinkle too, she can now get as far as tinkle tinkle star star star, how i wuwu then trails off and mumbles. She also does e-r-e-r-o lol and has started trying head, showld, knee-toe lol!!!

Her main learning in the last week has been colours. As she can point to most parts of her body (shes got hair, head, eye, nose, ear, mouth, teeth, chin, hands, fingers, boobies (lol) belly, knees, feet and toes) we started on colours and shes getting very good at red and blue (or wed and boo) and occasionally gets green (geen)
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 am

Bethany has had a good fews weeks and as well as pointing to various body parts, she is really good with animal noises now and can imitate, cow, dog, cat, lion, monkey, seagull, snake, horse. Alos, today she has been doing vehicle sounds, car, train, police car.

Don't we have an intelligent bunch of toddlers xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:59 pm

How bizarre it this. yesterday i made a home mades shepards pie while c was sat in sitting room watching tv and while i was cooking she came wondering through and pointed to the condensation on the window and said 'mummy, wet'

i have no idea where shes learned it from.

This week shes also started pairing up her picture cards, occasionally stringing two words together and saying thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:01 am

Olivers just learnt 'if your happy and you know it' - Me and OH were in hysteric's.. He was doing all the actions with a little twirl and everything Laughing Its just the cutest thing - i'll have to see if I can get a video.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 am

Good thread. I just noticed it!

This week Caitlin has been pointing at body parts when asked (Well when she wants to!), eyes, ears, mouth, tummy, hands, feet... for some reason she usually points at my nose though instead of her own.

Also she can count... Ok well if I say one she says two Laughing and then I have to do the rest. So cute but! Words she has been able to say for a while are cat, shoe, sock, mama, dada, no no no no no while wagging her podgy finger at me Rolling Eyes . TBH she still prefers speaking in hebrew, well thats what it sounds like. She never shuts up, just a shame we dont speak the same language Laughing

She has finally shown interest in the stacking rings she got last christmas and can put them on in the right order.

Today she learnt to climb on to the sofa and stand up and laugh Rolling Eyes . No matter how many times we said no and put her on rug or sat her on her bum she just laughed a big fake laugh and did it again Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:52 am

Callum has just started walking properly but couldnt get up on his own he would fall then crawl to something and get up but frm yesterday evening he bends over n does it himself and tonight hes doing it like hes been doing it for weeks Very Happy very proud mummy xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:08 am

OMG I cannot even begin to remember what Libby has learnt over the last few days - she's like a little sponge at the moment Laughing

I said to her yesterday that we were going to see Nana (my mum) and Ollie (their dog) and the first thing she said was 'gandad', so I said 'no, Grandad is at work', she though about it and said 'no gandad' and then thought some more and said 'nana and ollie', this is the first time she had said any of those names!!!! Shocked

I can literally have proper conversations with her - one of them today was:

Me: Shall I change your bum bum?
Libby: no no no
Me: You tell me when you want it changing then
Libby: OK

She had a pile of her favourite things this morning piled up and she was pointing at each of them naming them - it was so cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 am

This week Sam has learned to blow a whistle (great Rolling Eyes ) he has finally learned where his eyes are Laughing and he has started doing the actions to twinkle tiwnkle, if your happy and you know it and incy wincy spider Very Happy
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:36 am

evan knows where his nose and ears are but i cannot for the life of me get him to point to his eyes!!

this week he has learnt how to how to turn on and off my laptop jst great!!
how to open the back door, again jst great!!

although one good thing he knows wen the washing machine is finished and he gets the basket and empties it for me lol its so funny, he can also pick out the dirty washing basket and load the dirty washing in the machine, my baskets r diff colours for clean and dirty so thats how he knows difference even tho he dont know his colours yet lol
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

snoopy21 wrote:
Good thread. I just noticed it!

This week Caitlin has been pointing at body parts when asked (Well when she wants to!), eyes, ears, mouth, tummy, hands, feet... for some reason she usually points at my nose though instead of her own.

Also she can count... Ok well if I say one she says two
Laughing and then I have to do the rest. So cute but! Words she has been able to say for a while are cat, shoe, sock, mama, dada, no no no no no while wagging her podgy finger at me Rolling Eyes . TBH she still prefers speaking in hebrew, well thats what it sounds like. She never shuts up, just a shame we dont speak the same language Laughing

She has finally shown interest in the stacking rings she got last christmas and can put them on in the right order.

Today she learnt to climb on to the sofa and stand up and laugh Rolling Eyes . No matter how many times we said no and put her on rug or sat her on her bum she just laughed a big fake laugh and did it again Mad Laughing

lol thats what Izzy does, I say 1 she says 2...but we can only go as far as 6 Laughing

Izzy is Chinese, I'm sure of it!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Caelyn is a satanist. Im waiting for one of her chants to conjure beelzebub

Shes added yellow (yeyyow), black (back) and purple (pupple) to wed, boo and geen this last couple of days
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:21 am

Yesterday evening callum walked from the front door all the way to the shop without holding our hands for the first time should on only take 5mins to get electric but took 20mins Laughing very proud last sunday he wouldnt let go off us outside but yesterday he kept pushing us away xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 am

Izzy learnt that Daddy is a big queen!!!

hahaha she has these cheapo picture cards from the £shop....and the Q is Queen...except its not cos Izzy points at it and says Daddy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 am

Libby's new fave is when I'm leaving for work or if we're leaving someones house she says 'bye bye, see you soon', sounds so cute Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:06 am

Caelyns added white and bown to her colours though she struggles with bown nd pupple!

Shes also learned 1,2,3 after a fashion. One, oo, fee though she wudn be able to use it in context yet

Shes also started shouting CAREFUL and WAIT at me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What your toddler learnt today?   What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What your toddler learnt today?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What your toddler learnt today? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???