Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves _
PostSubject: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:07 am

Just trying to remember what I had and needed in that first week:

Arnica Pillules - Nelsons ones, from Holland & Barrett
Sports Water Bottle - for spraying / rinsing over your bits when weeing
Kitchen Roll - by the loo to dab dry rather than rub and not have bits of tissue sticking
Diclofenac & Paracetamol - both safe to take together, both safe when breastfeeding, both on prescription
Lansinoh - Nipple Cream - on prescription
Nipple Shields - for breastfeeding - literally a life (and nipple!) saver for us
Breast Pads - Tommee Tippie were best I found, the Johnsons went kindof hard and the stores own were thick and crinkly?
Always Night time pads with wings - along with maternity pads but as soon as you're happy to make the swap they are sooo much comfier! Beware of scents / gels but deff a good one to have in I found
OOO Unscented bum wipes - for you! - stores do their own brands or think andrex do them too - flushable type, for number 2's - trust me, well worth it!
Erm I think Anusol or another heamorroid cream - better to have in than have to send out for it!
I think it was Tea Tree Oil and Lavendar - a few drops of each in tepid water in a shallow bath - to help heal stitches. No nice but necesary. Hubby is under instruction not to leave me to do this by myself, it was a cold clinical lonely soak in the tub Sad

General stuff:
Paper plates / cups: much easier if you want to grab some toast or sandwich and no plate to wash (unless you'e lucky enough to have a dish washer!)
Few frozen meals / easy-cook meals in the cupboard - and a lit of these on the fridge for other people to see! Include tins of soup, hot dogs, frozen meats like bacon or sausages that can be bunged in the grill / oven, instant noodles or rice packets etc.
Some 'portioned' drink like cans, cartons, bottles - to remind you to keep hydrated and you're more likely to drink as you just have to grab one from the fridge!

All I can think of for now scratch xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 am

Nice Thread! Good idea this post !!! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks Meg Smile

Ah sure you focus so much on what to buy baby / what you've already got (even what baby needs 'just in case' and what others can buy for baby...) Then remember things YOU need! Laughing

It's all in a bid to help me organise my thoughts instead of panic at the very thought of it all again Embarassed Wink xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:21 am

Thank you! I think living with my mum though I'm going to be slightly spoiled lol x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:23 am

Lol, in which case, pass her a list Wink - and include some treats on there! Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:23 am

Lansinoh a definate

Soft big gently elasticated knickers

Gonna try some washable breast pads this time as always found the disposables itchy

Some preprepared caelyn meals this time i thinkfor daddy to warm up for her.

Soft button up mens shirts, so much morecomfy for bf-ing if you know aregoing to be staying in

Downstairs pillows! Not as in for your 'downstairs' but for proper couch snuggling purposes, kept dragging mine up and downstairs with me last time

2 moses basket stands, one up one down so jst transfer the basket.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:28 am

I had some fab knickers from primark, well not fab as in nice but they were £2.50 for 5 and they were really comfy!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:30 am

This pillow is snuggly and a bit of a bargain Very Happy
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1270475.htm

Some nice new pj's and/or slippers, dressing gown or loung-ey pants and tops would be a nice treat to have... H&M have fab strappy tops that are good to wear instead of a bra when you just can't be doing with one on!

Oh - and apprently a good green cabbage about day 3 when the milk comes in and your boobies are ready to pop - a leaf on each one supposed to help. xx
Back to top Go down
xx maxi xx

xx maxi xx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 am

A nice big comfortable cushion to sit on incase you have stiches, i couldnt sit properly for weeks afterwards, all i can think of at the mo thats not been said scratch
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Loose socks easy to put on! I wore OHs fora while before and after C
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 am

xx maxi xx wrote:
A nice big comfortable cushion to sit on incase you have stiches, i couldnt sit properly for weeks afterwards, all i can think of at the mo thats not been said scratch

I was gonna say this too!! I remember sitting at our dining table with a cushion from the sofa - I had to do this for about 8 weeks!!!

Erm, I used to use Badedas (bath stuff) because my MW told me the chestnut oil (I think) helps with the healing. xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:12 am

I read in a magazine about a rubber ring (fetching) but I'm hoping the pillow idea will do... scratch

Just to add - have started stocking up on some quick-grab snacks & drinks and boiled sweets / chewing gum - just to have to hand for a quick boost / mouth freshen! Plus it helps having some bits and bobs left over from Christmas to add to the stash. Was buying things anyway for hospital bag snacks so worked out more thrifty to do multipacks / bags anyway.

I'm pretty sure the books would advise having fruit and some lovely veg and dips or similar but I can't really pre-stock those - plus I have a feeling that an apple at 6am won't be as appealing as a cereal bar / choc bar Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am

im going old school and im going to say cabbages Laughing cabbage leaves in the freezer for ten minutes then down the bra really helped my poor boobies!

and lansinoh have changed their breast pads and now they are really comfy Very Happy

i would also say loads and loads of super cheap, big, soft knickers Laughing and extra nappy bags...i ended up using them as disposables for the first few days and they needed to be wrapped up Embarassed yuck!

oh and i barely thought of paracetamol/ibuprofen beforehand, i didn't realise how achey my poor bones would be Laughing

two water bottles - one to carry everywhere to make myself keep drinking (even though i was scared of peeing for a while Laughing) and one for toilet times - although i didn't use one for that cos it was too cold, so i kept jumping in the shower for a splash down under Embarassed

pads pads and more pads...for the boobs..for the foof....for wherever really Laughing i used tesco maternity pads, then tesco slim maternity pads with wings - my friend had an awful experience using plastic backed sanitary towels *apparently* (and this is only word of mouth) they are designed to kind of soak up blood - which in fact also helped her many stitches come loose and she was really poorly - that is the reason i stuck to maternity pads BUT that might have happened no matter what she used Smile

mmm and loads of milk cos my heartburn didn't give up for a few weeks after elijah popped out Smile

and fruit and fibre to make yourself poop that first time! Very Happy

i can't believe i have forgotten half of it all already, thats sort of sad...i remember promising myself i would never ever forget!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves   Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Empty

Back to top Go down

Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Birth Aftercare : Hints, Tips, Must-haves Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words