Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What else can I give him

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

What else can I give him _
PostSubject: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 am

I seem to be stuck in a rut with what I give Jamie. He can chew (has two teeth) but still isn't necessarily swallowing much yet. I know his only been on solids for about a month and we've gone for finger foods but I'm wondering what else I can give him. I'm a bit worried about salt etc. Would you give your babies little bits of bacon, sausage, ham, etc.

Also , do you think it would be ok to start giving him smaller foods like grapes (which I know my sister says you have to cut in half) and blueberries or are they too small?

To give you some ideas he has cucumber, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower (although this wasn't a success), strawberry, plum, melon, pineapple, toast, mango, yoghurt or porridge (which I tend to feed him), cheese, chicken, fishfingers without the batter, mangetout, broad beans, baby sweetcorn, courgette, sweet potato, new potato, hard boiled egg, banana.

I'm sure there's a bit more. The main problem seems to be that lunch seems to mainly be fruit and cucumber and dinner is veg and sometimes potato and chicken or fish. I feel like I should be giving him more things but I don't really know what
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am

Flip me he has a really varied diet! You are doing so well, there is no way Caitlin ate that amount at 7 months. In fact she was prob still just on potato/carrot puree's, apple/pear puree and baby rice!

Sausage and bacon are quite salty, and chewy. Tbh I would worry about choking on fat/gristle. i know you doing BLW but so maybe Jamie more advanced than Caitlin would have been.

Have you tried any of the Ellla's kitchen baby biscuits or crisp type things? They good for sucking/practising munching. I cant think of much else as his diets seems so good. What about baked beans mashed (low salt ones) or humus to dip in toast and suck off?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 am

yeah i was going to say, i know its a bit of a lazy option but the organix finger foods are really good and low in salt.

i personally wouldn't give him bacon, ham etc or actually probably not any meat except possibly well cooked strips of chicken - partly for the salt and partly as they are quite hard to digest. tbh i still don't give elijah bacon/sausage as i don't feel they have much nutritional value (but bacon nom nom mmm haha) although i do give him chopped up ham these days - in moderation!

you could try things like cream cheese on pitta bread, boiled penne maybe with a little pasatta or ellas kitchen pasta sauce in the pouches are great, little fingers of plain omlette - it does sound like he eats loads though and there is plenty of variation - you could try rice but its a bit um stick-in-your-throaty although cous cous is quick and a good thing to either play with or add to other foods to change the texture. you could also add a little baby rice to puree's if you fancy thickening things up a little bit.

also things as you say like cherry tomatoes, grapes, but yep cut them in half! not sure about blueberries, you could mush them up a bit Smile how about frozen yogurt or mini-milks? (lots of sugar but just a little bit as a new experience), elijah also adores provomel soya deserts - they somehow seem a bit healthier than other chocolatey things haha
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 am

Eeek is ham really that bad? I didnt even think about it being salty! Caitlin must get a ham sandwich for lunch about 5 days a week. She lives for them! eh? She wont take cheese, and even cooked chicken breast gets picked out and flicked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

she lives for them Laughing hahaha umm yeah it's pretty salty in comparison to other things.....have a look at the packet some are less so than others! i just think with butter,cheese,snacks,philly etc etc the salt adds up but im a bit *rsey like that Wink
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks ladies. Snoopy I wouldn't think it matters so much if Caitlin can have ham because they can have quite a bit more after a year. Its only that he basically can have none now
Back to top Go down
EMJ86

EMJ86

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am

Hi Liberty, fancy seeing you here Laughing !

verity has pretty much all you listed but also LOVES pasta, i made some potato cakes and she loved them too. Rice cakes seem to be going down a treat too. have you tried any meals yet i.e. bolognese, tuna pasta etc?? Verity demolished a tuna pasta i made and seemed to enjoy bolognese tonight.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 am

what about bread sticks or pitta bread with dips like hummus or tzatziki

with things like rice if you overcook it slightly and get a ramekin dish or any small dish and squish it all in then it stays together enough for babies to pick lumps off it,

pasta - you can get baby pasta which is must smaller and good for mastering the pincer grip

at his age he still only needs milk and the food is a bonus so tbh what he's having sounds fine. if you want to try more meals then I think as long as there is some carbs, veg/fruit and protein then it doesn't matter what form it comes in Smile

sounds like your doing great x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks ladies. He has rice cake occasionally. We tried him with spag bol the other day which with blw was very messy! His had a bit of homemade pizza as well now. Am building up to giving him more proper meals. Need to sort out the dining room first as that has a wooden floor and the lounge has a cream carpet. Will try some of the other things with him
Back to top Go down
alenascott

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm

A baby's diet should be well manage and baby should be given
variety of food including fruits, soup and solids can work good in babies diet
management.
Back to top Go down
http://www.500babies.com/
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What else can I give him   What else can I give him Empty

Back to top Go down

What else can I give him

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Parenting :: Weaning-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What else can I give him Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What else can I give him Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What else can I give him Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What else can I give him Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What else can I give him Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What else can I give him Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What else can I give him Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What else can I give him Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What else can I give him Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What else can I give him Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What else can I give him Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What else can I give him Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What else can I give him Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What else can I give him Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What else can I give him Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words