Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Speech- 1yr old +

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:12 am

Where are your 1 ish yr olds up to speech wise?

Im a bit worried about Jess's speech......but cant remember what Isla was doing at this age, I remember that her speech didnt really come on till late (and now she doesnt ssshhhhh), but I still think she was a fair bit ahead of Jess at her age.

She only says Dadda or daddy, and she tries cat, but comes out like 'ka'

She understands everything though, I can ask her to bring me things and put things away and she does everything.....she just doesnt speak though. She does lots of sounds.

Do I need to mention it to anyone?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am

I really wouldnt worry one bit! I think at that age Caitlin maybe did have 10-20 words but probably not all perfect, just that she made the same sound for something each time. Caitlin was very vocal, just talked utter shit all day from about 4 mths Laughing

I think she was 17/18mths before it really took off and my god the last 6months have been amazing. Literally going from pointing and saying nouns to sentences/colours/asking questions etc. I really think sppech is something that can be judged better around the age of 2 than at 1.

She sounds fine!!!
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

Noah can say some words not many tho, he says

E R, as in here you are
Mommy
Daddy
Gone
Kick
Look
Tar
yeah
Doggy
book

Like Jess he understands so much more to the point were he amazes me. I wouldnt worry at all hun up until their 2 their speech will come on leaps.

Char

Last edited by XxCHARnNOAHxX on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 am

Hi hunni,

Imogen didn't say a lot at that age either. She only really said Daddn (daddy), daddle (dummy) and nomnomnom I think.

She went from the baby room to the toddler room at nursery around 15 months and since then it's come on soooo fast. She amazes me every other day now! Last week she knew what a tiger was, but only yesterday did she manage to say "YEs" (it's been really intetresting through the weekend listening to it develop from "esshh" to "shesshh" to "sesshh" then finally a Y this afternoon "yeshh" accompanied by nodding. Ahh it's so sweet). It had been a long time coming, whereas she could do No aaages ago!

She still says Daddn not daddy, she's only been able to say Mumy for a few weeks, it turns out Daddn had asked nursery specially to work on it, bless.

There's a lot of meaningless babble still, just testing out how her mouth feels with different sounds I think.

Don't worry yet, give it a few months and it will take off.

Someone printed this very useful link recently (sorry can't remember who it was but it's very interesting...) http://childdevelopmentinfo.com/child-development/language_development.shtml
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am

alfie is coming up 18 months and he can say:

mamma

dadda

cat

ball

car

no

bye bye

He often says random words that sound like things but im not sure if they are or its just coincidence. Her understands alot tho. Its only been the past few months hes been good spealking. Hes said mamma and dadda for a while tho. wouodnt worry about itt oo much tho. x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:15 am

umm

dada, mama, ggggggma (grandma), cat, uh ohhhhh (haha of course that's a word), gone, no, yes, where, done, star, stuck, help, nini (night night)....

a lot of those probably only me and mr.mari can understand though and he does the signs alongside them so we know its what he is saying...in terms of really recognisable words probably just a handful of those Smile

these have only appeared in maybe the past 6 weeks, but seem to have suddenly happened Smile
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Tyler said not a lot at 1, it's onyl recently since Ive taken his dummy off him that he's started talking and saying loads.

I think he could literally say mama and dada but didn't use them to call me or his dad just made the sounds.

But like Jess he understood absolutely everything I said and so I didn't worry. If she didnt' understand you then that would be different (but even then I don't think she would be seen until she was 2) but as you can communicate with her I don't think there's anything to worry about.

don't they say that second children normally are quieter ebcause they have an older sibling to talk for them?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 pm

I really wouldn't worry at all hun. I have two complete opposite kids. Thomas said only DADDY until he was 22 months, he hadn't even tried to copy sounds until this point. Up to the age of two he practiced sounds then all of a sudden his speech just exploded and going from that link Em put up he is practically up to the 60 months level now Shocked he just doesn't shut up and talks like a little adult at times so he was definately one of those who takes it all in first then just comes out with it.

Hannah is the complete opposite, like Caitlin practically hasn't shut up since birth, always babbled and has had words since about 8 months. She now has so many words I have lost count and can practically copy everything I say, she can even count to 6 (missing out 5 Rolling Eyes) and name some animals and shapes. It's very odd for me having her talking so young after Thomas never made a sound (except daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy........) so it just goes to show they are all different and we shouldn't compare them.

Defo no need to worry just yet hun

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Speech- 1yr old + _
PostSubject: Re: Speech- 1yr old +   Speech- 1yr old + Empty

Back to top Go down

Speech- 1yr old +

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Speech- 1yr old + Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words