Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Weaning off night feeds - Updated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Weaning off night feeds - Updated _
PostSubject: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Well after the disaster of last night (although to be fair he wasn't eating - just still walking round his cot at 3am this morning) I've decided that next week I'm going to try and wean Jamie off night feeds or at least down to one a night. It has to be said I thought most babies were not eating by this point but have spoken to quite a few mums in the last week - most of whom are formula fed- and many still have one night feed. We're on holiday next week so if its a disaster I can sleep in the day. Also, he will be in a different room so I will have to get up and get him. Thought this would make it easier as I'm going to switch him to formula at night so his not feeding just to get close to me. I've said this before but when having a bad night its so easy to stick a boob in his mouth whereas if I have to get up anyway I might actually go and get the formula. Am hoping by the end of next week I can get him consistently down to one feed and then I'll work on getting rid of that.

Does anyone have any tips though?

Last edited by liberty on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Hmm tough one as I'm trying with Dexter, he currently has just one night feed (although out of the last 3 nights its only 1 that he's that night feed) and I'm trying to stop that completely.

I'm trying CC to cut this out as I know it's only through him waking and wanting the boob to go off again rather than through hunger. I'm dont know of any other way to do it TBH - would be interested to find out though as I hate leaving him to cry as it usually wakes Libby up and its awful listening to it.

So no sorry, no tips but hope you manage it! xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 pm

ummm make sure you try and get him to have extra in the day/evening just in case he is actually hungry

ummm you can offer water instead of milk in the hope that he eventully realises it's not worth the bother waking up - it would be better if Daddy could do this too so you know that he's not waking for you and comfort from you etc.

If that doesn't work then I can only suggest CC too
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks. Will try water as well. I'm hoping to convince hubby to do it while we're on holiday (by which I mean I'm going to kick him out of bed). Not keen on cc as (as many of you know) I don't agree with it on babies but once he gets to one if I still have problems I may resort to that. I have no problems with letting him cry for a bit so never get him straight up anyway. At the moment his not having much milk at nursery because he wants it from me later so I'm hoping if he realises his only going to get a bottle from me he might just drink more in the day. Will still give him a bf morning and in the evening when we get in because I don't want to give up yet
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:09 am

i don't know if you'll want to introduce a one at such a late stage...but maybe try a dummy to settle him during the night??
or water like jade says Smile
xxx good luck xxx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:39 am

Hmm, I don't really know what to suggest here as Alyssa now only feeds at 8am, 12pm, 3.30pm and 7.30pm and other than that at the minute she is having Breakfast and Dinner each day! Hope you manage to drop it soon though as I couldn't imagine still having to do night feeds at 10 months old. xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:16 am

i have no idea (as im sure you know Laughing) but the book 'no cry sleep solution' is really good and worth a go, you can get it cheap on amazon
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:41 am

Think I may have that book in my pile somewhere but if not I'll download it onto my kindle and have a read on holiday. Thanks
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 4:25 am

Well he seems to have got better. His only having one feed a night now and regularly did a four hour stint last week (and often only woke up because it was so cold in the caravan). One night it was freezing even with the heating on and he ended up sleeping with us to keep warm and he went 6 hours between feeds. Just hoping he keeps it up now his home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off night feeds - Updated   Weaning off night feeds - Updated Empty

Back to top Go down

Weaning off night feeds - Updated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Weaning off night feeds - Updated Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words