Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

help with returning an item UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

help with returning an item UPDATED  _
PostSubject: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 am

a bmx

i bought a bmx from halfords and picked it up on monday , less than a week ago , it has had fault after fault here goes

front wheel buckled , son said this on day 1 but i guess they could say misuse ?
chain guard was loose and snapped so we removed it as caused son to fall of twice
front brakes dont kick in for a good while
handlebars and fork shake when in use
handlebars fall forward when going off kerb , Oh tightene these as tight as he could and it still happening

i phoned halfords and they have told me to bring it in tomorrow so a bike technician can look at it , when i went to pick it up on monday it was meant o be built for us but it wasnt so they built it within half an hour for us so i wonder if it was maybe too much of a rushed job ?
ideally i want a whole new bike , basing it on the handles bars still falling forward after Oh tightened them so he thinks the thread is knackered
i am usually quite upfrontish about these things but im dreading going in there and being walked all over so any tips for me when i go in ? please ? xx

Last edited by Mrs Cruise & Dee on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 am

Tell them its not fit for purpose and is a danger and you either want a new one ir a refund. Stand your ground hun and if they are funny about it ask to speak to a manager. X
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 am

go and stay strong, make sure you get your money back - you are well within your rights.

mr.mari worked at 'bike hut' in halfords for a while and would never go back as he feels it isn't safe - especially around christmas as they are pressured into building so many bikes a day they can't test them properly.

i would advise the following:
take a notepad and pen, write your complaints down on it so you don't forget them, write the replies down, whoever you speak to ask for their FULL name and make a point of writing it down, if their answer isn't satisfactory (i would go for refund over replacement personally but the choice is yours) ask for a manager and make sure you get their full name also.......write everything down, time, people you speak to, what they say...it really stresses people out and shows that you are being absolutely serious.

hope you get it sorted, they will know they are doing a sh*t job. do not suggest for a second that the bike was 'misused' because they will latch onto that, tell them it was normal use for a child of your sons age if they ask.

(mr.mari just read the post, he says the problem with the front forks and handlebars is common with halfords bikes and is genuinly dangerous, that alone should get your refund Smile)
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:00 am

thank you , i think i am goingt o push for a full refund .
i have put a deposit on another bike for other sons xmas , think i am going to cancel that too Sad
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:13 am

Mari said it all.. I bought James a bike from Halfords, he took it back 3 times as the guy hadn't tightened this that and the other.. My friend has just taken her daughters bike back, bought in Sept and got a refund..

Once you have your refund check out www.bikes2udirect.com I bought Owen's bike there for Christmas last year and it was delivered with 2 days. You do have to complete the build with pedals etc. But as a company come highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:17 am

Argh, now im worried. We picked up Aimee's bike for Xmas a couple of weeks ago and they made it for us.

Its at my mums so im going to go and check it out tomorrow to make sure its ok x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:00 am

me too Laura, we pick Islas up this weekend!!!! I suppose shes not going to be jumping off kerbs though......but I will still be checking it!!

I hope it goes well with your refund hun xx
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:16 am

How did you get on?! Or are you doing a sitting until they refund you lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:21 am

lol , i only had an hour to spare today to go into town so leaving it until tomorrow as OH is off work so we can go in together ,,,, united force and all that lol Smile
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 am

we had that with a BMX that we bought ceejay last year for christmas it ended up throwing him off the bike but it ended up being a fault on the bike and they replaced the whole bike 6 months after buying it and it also came with a new 1 year warranty xx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 am

well we went in and straight away asked for someone who would deal in refunds and returns , the woman said me but i wont take it with that stickers on it ( my son decorated it ) , we said thats fine we will remove them
she asked why we wanted to return it ,so we listed the faults and reminded her about how it was set up in 30 mins and i had found out it was not by a bike technician that built or safety checked it ( i found this out as when i phoned about it i spoke to the same guy who built it he said i would have to bring it in on a day a bike technician was in so he can inspect and check it ) . She left us for a few minutes , she was quite abrupt with us , she then returned and straight away asked for the card i used to pay for it so she can refund me ,, whoop whoop !
she then got really nice and said oh dont worry about the stickers im sure one of us can take time and do it , im thinking when she left her manager knew that we were entirely in the know regarding it being built so said to refund us:)
i then asked her why they needed the stickers removed , surely they were not planning on reselling it , it was clearly faulty and now had ripped handlebars, loss of chain guard and reflector down to my son falling off several times , she replied with well it will be safety assessed and if it deems safe we will resell it ! my jaw hit the floor and i reminded her we were sure the threads in handlebars were faulty and that was unfit for use Sad
In the heat of all that i forgot to cancel my other order with them but i have only paid a deposit which i will lose anyways , so going to look for another bike elsewhere for other sons xmas.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:00 am

aww im glad they refunded you no bother - i am sure she was just abrupt cos she knew you were the first of 50billion coming in over christmas Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: help with returning an item UPDATED    help with returning an item UPDATED  Empty

Back to top Go down

help with returning an item UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
help with returning an item UPDATED  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words