Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Shocking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

My heart was racing thinking I was going to see a red dot for my sister ... I know that sounds dumb..her accident was 1998 though, I was quite relieved there was no dot fo her for some reason .. bizarre thought process I know ... maybe proving the fact I have never dealt with it properly, or even allowed myself to really believe it, even this many years later.

Anyway - what a scary map to see it like that.

This one below I will never forget either - that happened near the end of the drive way to our farm, and I was coming home in a taxi after NYE ... only a few months of course after Vikki's accident... I will never forget seeing the car wreck and thinking WTF has happened here because I couldn't work out how the car was so damaged with no other car involved, the next day being absolutely shaken when I found out the damage to the car was made by a pedestrian, he was killed by a drunk driver....who drove about 200 yards before pulling his car into our drive way - he must have thought he could drive off! Shocked
Shocking Road10

And this one, also only 500 yards from the farm driveway was a guy who I had previously had a car crash with, he lived in the village ... I hit him when I was learning to drive, I had stalled and started the engine in gear, jumping forward and smashing his door in... and he drove off .. must have been hiding something .. anyway he was killed in an accident that involved a woman talking on her mobile phone .. apparently he had drugs in his system, but of course the woman on the phone was blamed.
Shocking Road_210

So it got me thinking ... have serious experiences like this affected your driving? Of course they have with me, I am super careful in general.. I wouldn't use my phone when driving and I would never drink drive .. it makes my blood boil when I see people on the phone when driving, its as if they don't understand the consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Aww it must be hard for you having lost somebody close this way.

When I was 11 we lived in a village but on a main road with a dodgy bend. One night my brother comes running into my room and drags me to his bedroom window as there was yet another accident outside. The two cars hit head on and exploded. The 23 year old driver didn't get out and you could see his sillouette burning in the car. It really messed my brother up.

I am a really careful driver and never use my phone and would never drink and drive. I would not hesitate in reporting anybody who does either, one day they could hit my kids x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 pm

OMG Laura thats awful...I can see how that would be really disturbing, just the thought of it is upsetting enough :-(
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:10 pm

I am careful driver now the roads on the island are horrible so many accidents I lost one of my best friends due to him having accident he had no seat belt on and went thou windscreen also lost 3 other friends due to car crashes :-(
Its scary
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I've not experienced any serious accidents but living in cyprus you see everyone driving using there phone, no seatbelt and kids on there laps in the front! Makes me mad!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 pm

We've got a main road that runs alongside our town, it is notoriously bad - I looked at that map yesterday and it is littered with red dots. When there is a major accident the traffic gets diverted through our town so we always know when there has been a bad one.

Thankfully I've never been in or witnessed an accident though.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:33 pm

my brother died in 1997 , a passenger in his friends car Sad so his dot aint there
driving back from OH parents one day we came across a fatal accident , i think we were the second car to get there and i can still see the couple in the front seats sitting with heads hanging forward

i think it has affected me more than i would admit to though along with the fact OH has crashed his car a few times
i do all the driving , i dont trust him i guess , i dont trust anyone driving really , if i am a passenger i am always more aware and nervous
If my children are away for any reason i am always worried about the journey
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 pm

theres a dot for my friend =o(
however firstly i thought there wasnt that many in my area really but then i noticed some very serious ones that have been in thelast year or two are not even there so quite a bit of missing info! 2 teenagers died and one ended up in a coma for months on one of the roads near us last year and that isnt there, and then a girl got run over and died both last month and about 8 months ago they are not there either!

I am quite a steady driver as when i first started driving a drunk ran out in the road infront of me and i hit him. It was terrifying.
x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Wow after reading this it realy is scary when i think about how many people i know who have either died or been seriousley injured in r,oad accidents!! Im gonna read the post properly tonight and see if i can see a red dot for my uncle and reply proqerly lol x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 pm

My mums couson was run over when they were 11 walking home frm school i know that still effects my mum but it isnty where we live now so she doesnt see the road.
A friend i went to college with lives on a tight road where theres only a few houses and there was a crash outside she looked outside and saw her brothers car in a bad way he died and she never got over it she didnt come bk to college either x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Niccsy wrote:
theres a dot for my friend =o(
however firstly i thought there wasnt that many in my area really but then i noticed some very serious ones that have been in thelast year or two are not even there so quite a bit of missing info! 2 teenagers died and one ended up in a coma for months on one of the roads near us last year and that isnt there, and then a girl got run over and died both last month and about 8 months ago they are not there either!

I am quite a steady driver as when i first started driving a drunk ran out in the road infront of me and i hit him. It was terrifying.
x

Yeh it only shows up to 2010
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

CarlaAndCallum wrote:
My mums couson was run over when they were 11 walking home frm school i know that still effects my mum but it isnty where we live now so she doesnt see the road.
A friend i went to college with lives on a tight road where theres only a few houses and there was a crash outside she looked outside and saw her brothers car in a bad way he died and she never got over it she didnt come bk to college either x

that must have been awful, being so close to home youd never be able to stop thinking about that image
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 am

I passed my test sepetember 2001 and in November 2001 in my little light peugot 205 i clipped a log which burst my tyre and flipped my car over 3 times if it was not for my seat belt i would of died.

I had no radio on, mobile switched off i am tee total, didnt speed and at that time if i had to be up early i went to bed early so no factors and it still happened, it has not changed how i drive because i have never been one for speed and never have used mobile whilst driving if it does ring i answer and just shout im driving call you back when home, if its in my bag or i cant see it i leave it simples
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:47 am

You know Suzi that its still an offence to do what you've said, unless you were on hands free system - because even the act of pressing a button to answer the phone and then shout could distract you enough to cause an accident

The woman who killed the man on a motorbike said she wasn't using her phone, but the police were able to check phone records and prove she had even if it was just a few seconds she was prosecuted for it
Back to top Go down
banarama

banarama

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:53 am

theres a dot for my friend, i wish i didnt look now was really hard to read the driver a teenager ages 18 died Sad , it was 6 years ago and now looking back i realise just how young 18 is , at the time we all felt so grown up , he was drunk and drove home from a club, fortunately it was only his car involved and nobody else was hurt (not including what we all went through, not to mention his family) one silly mistake and it took his life, i would never in a million years drink drive now i know what devistation it causes
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 am

I was quite pleased to see only 2 accidents in my town..however broaden the map to M25 and A13 which both run around the town its a whole new story. As a non driver I don't understand how people get into what could be described as a tank when they can't walk straight from too much alcohol. Talking on the phone and no seat belts are big nonos in my world.. James doesn't answer unless on headset and we all always wear seat belt even to go round the corner..
What irritates me is at school run, people driving like numpties, parking all over the pavement, mums overloading cars with friends kids, and kids bouncing all over the car where they haven't belted them in..
My kids know belts don't come off till we're on the front garden and the car doesn't move till everyone is strapped in..
Sorry non driver rant there eh?
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 am

its really scary how many dots are in my town!! my uncles dot is on there! its so sad, was clicking on some of the dots close to me and there are a lot of children, one being a boy aged 11 padestrian and a boy aged 2 Sad
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 am

Theres a dot near mine for a young boy who was hit by a car aged 10. I was working that night. He had Downs syndrome and he died in our resus room. I'll never forget hearing his mum when they bought her in to see him after. She didnt sound human more like a wounded animal. It was horrific. I didnt have the girls at the time but now I do I totally get that...

Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Monkeychopsjellyfish wrote:
Theres a dot near mine for a young boy who was hit by a car aged 10. I was working that night. He had Downs syndrome and he died in our resus room. I'll never forget hearing his mum when they bought her in to see him after. She didnt sound human more like a wounded animal. It was horrific. I didnt have the girls at the time but now I do I totally get that...

Literally Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Shocking _
PostSubject: Re: Shocking   Shocking Empty

Back to top Go down

Shocking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Shocking Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Shocking Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Shocking Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Shocking Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Shocking Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Shocking Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Shocking Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Shocking Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Shocking Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Shocking Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Shocking Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Shocking Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Shocking Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Shocking Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Shocking Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words