Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Do people really

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 am

go 'out for a wee drive'? Noticed someone on FB (not from here) saying they'd gone for a wee drive today with their hubby and daughter.

What do you do on a wee drive??? Do you get out of car or just stare out the window at all the places you could have thought about going to??? Is it just a bank holiday/sunday activity?

I really dont get it. I plan where we are going eg lets go to beach - drive to beach. Lets go to park - drive to park. Why just drive about aimlessly scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:05 am

i sh*t you not, my friends routine is EVERY sunday they get up, go to church (with toddler) then 'go for a drive' in the country somewhere....i couldn't help but laugh when she told me. i was like what on earth is the point in that? and she said 'well, its what (husband) says we are meant to do'. now she is a very intelligent person but relies on her husband for cultural guidance as she isn't from scotland but really........after 5 years you might want a bit of your sunday back no???
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:10 am

Haha we do go out for a wee drive. If the weather is poop and there's nothing to do we often just go off for a drive in the countryside. We relax and chat and look at houses where we'd like to be able to afford and decide which one we'll buy when we win the lottery. Sometimes we stop off at a pub for lunch..

Can I add that hubby gets all of his petrol paid for by the company so it's a cheap alternative to just sitting in Smile

Lol I also rely on hubby for cultural guidance Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am

^ but couldn't you get your wellies on and go for a wander in said countryside??!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 am

Noooo I don't like getting my hair wet and oh hates getting cold and wet Smile driving is more civilised. We only walk if it's dry or if it's to the pub Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 am

Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 am

Lol I used to go on wee drives but I have a very good reason for it - when I passed my test I was 5 months pregnant with hannah so was either heavily pregnant or had a newborn while trying to get used to driving. I was a nervous wreck. so used to go on drives to build confidence

once me and hannah went a drive and stopped beside a farm to chat to the sheep and cows? does that count?

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 am

lol Snoops - have you never been sat behind a slow driver on a Sunday? They have to drive slow cos they aint going anywhere ..just gawping at stuff out the window!

And no I dont see the point either - just don't get what is enjoyable about driving around in the car! If I want to get out i don't mind wrapping up warm and taking the dogs to get filthy and wet to get some fresh air

Maybe its cos i grew up in the countryside, and was outside doing the ponies in any weather - its nothing new to me and abit of rain and wind doesnt hurt!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:58 am

Well tbh you wouldnt catch me walking about in the wind and the rain either - those days are spent indoors! Mari I feel so sorry for your friend - Sundays are for snoozing/eating/telly/family.

It just sounds the most boring activity ever, especially for kids - how on earth would you answer the question are we nearly there yet???. Also we can see anywhere in the UK now on google street maps so the 'having a nosey' excuse doesnt wash with me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:03 am

Russ will often take a turn on way home from somewhere on weekends, to see where this takes us. We actually enjoy it, the being lost and finding our way home, it relaxes us, rich is normally chilled in car, Lucas asleep so it peaceful

And no we never got so lost we couldn't find our way with the need to use satnavs
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am

The only time I've ever gone on drives is when I was on maternity leave and that's because it used to be one of the only ways to get Jamie to sleep. Used to bore me senseless but made a change from being bored walking up and down the high street and seafront to get him to sleep
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I used to do it pre kids but that was cos I loved driving my Mini and had petrol money in those days so used to just go out hooning around in the mini and stopping somewhere for grub. Used to do the same on my motorbike. Thats more of a freedom thing though i thnk. Since having kids and developing a boring car ive stopped doing it but think if i still had the mini and seats in it i would probably take em out somewhere in it often. We live in a town centre so would take a drive to somewhere nice to eat and play in the country as we dont have that option here. It would have a general destination in mind tough even if the route wasnt set in stone
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:33 pm

ugh snoops can you seriously spend an entire day indoors??? i can't manage it even in the vilest weather (there is some kind of snowpocalypse brewing outside and the flurries are going in all directions, yet we are donning our hats and wellies Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I like to drive in the rain lol, but i drive far to much to be going for a drive lol, we might have a drive out for a visit or the park

Char
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:30 pm

i like just going for a drive and seeing where it takes us , but only when feeling a wee bit flush as im quite stingy with petrol Smile
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 pm

We sometimes go for a random drive but I think I have a good excuse...in the summer it's the coolest place...with the air con. And we haven't been here long enough to know everywhere so we go off exploring sometimes up into the mountains or through the old villages
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 am

I used to go with my mum and dad on a Sunday when I was little. We'd go exploring the countryside (my dad doesn't do walking) and if there was anywhere nice we'd stop for a cuppa and a cake or have a look round interesting shops Laughing I know my mum likes looking at houses too so she can pick where she'd live if she had enough money, I think my mum and dad are actually going out for a drive this afternoon as it's a bank holiday Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 am

I use to callum on them to get him asleep he was a baby it was one of the only ways and when i was younger my mum and dad use to it with us if the weather was poo x
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 am

we sometims go for a drive - but always with the aim to get out of the car at the end of it and maybe have a walk or feed the ducks etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Do people really _
PostSubject: Re: Do people really   Do people really Empty

Back to top Go down

Do people really

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Do people really Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Do people really Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Do people really Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Do people really Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Do people really Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Do people really Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Do people really Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Do people really Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do people really Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do people really Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Do people really Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Do people really Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Do people really Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Do people really Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Do people really Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words