Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

what kind of bed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 am

so, we are selling the cotbed. there's no point in using it as elijah hates it and we don't have room for it, so when we move eli will just go into a bed (umm here's hoping). it has never been slept in for more than 3 hours at a time EVER so hoping to get a bit of its worth back.

anyway, the question was what kind of bed does your little one have? did you bother with a toddler bed...or a low single?

part of the reason i ask is elijah is used to sharing a double bed with me so stretches out all over the place (he hated those bars) - i don't think ive ever seen a toddler bed in real life, are they quite big? is a lanky toddler likely to grow out of one quickly? any recommendations on mattresses?

i saw this on kiddicare: http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_135971_10001 but a bit worried the mattress might be crap (having said that we payed £150 in john lewis for a sodding cotbed one that never got slept on).......but i also saw this http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Single-Bed-White/dp/B0055YHO4Q?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=212573031&sr=1-2&qid=1326050408&pf_rd_r=1CF3TD3PPSKYFX0FMZXH&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=212565031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

obviously offers will be different at the time but what did you choose?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 am

I love the mothercare one.

I would go for a normal size bed. The mothercare one looks perfect as its a good size and also low.

We got Aimee this bed and its huge. She has been in it since 19 months and has never had any problems with it xx

what kind of bed? 2Q==
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 am

Ellie is still in her cot and at the moment I have no plan to move her as she's really happy and sleeps like a baby Smile. Eventually I will make it into a bed (it's a combed) and hope that itl do for a while as her current bedroom is beautiful but really small and I want to keep her in there for as long as I can.

Once she out grows the combed and room I will move her into the spare room which is much bigger but not huge so this is what I want http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50080315/
As it turns into a double which will come in handy for sleepovers and overnight guests Smile

I like both beds that you like but I love storage space so would want some built into the bed x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am

We just used a normal single bed we already and and put a bed guard on it

This is the one Chloe has (in single)

http://www.thewhitecompany.com/bedroom/beds/hampton-bed/
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 am

haha i just noticed the (single) mandy i was thinking christ....chloe's bed is bigger than mine!

im not sure the princess will suit elijah, but i do like the mothercare one because it's so low.....and storage is definitely a bonus but until we know how long we are living somewhere i don't want to get too heavy on furniture Laughing

how does it turn into a double without the use of an axe pen??!

we LOVE this one but it isn't available in edinburgh or glasgow?? eh? http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39858939/#/S39858939

and im really keen on this one (moreso than mr.mari which is surprising cos he is a bit of a child too) http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80123993/
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:54 am

I would go for a normal bed as it will save you money as you don't have to change it later
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 am

I don't know how it turns into a double, my sister just bought one and told me and believed her (she could be taking the piss) lol.

I think something pulls out and the single mattress is really a double one folded in half. My sister bought it for her 10 year old daughter and bought a few pretty floral cushions to throw on it and looks lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 am

but hoooowwwwww? phone her and ask her Laughing i just can't figure it out and it doesn't have a picture. I will take her word for it for now Wink
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 am

we have this one in white... http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S99827959/

i like it cause it can extend so will last a while. Although guess it might be worth while to get single but i thought when she was too big for it she might want to choose her own.

weird its not available, phone up and ask why or see if it can get sent her if you really want it x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 am

Libby has this one (but in the pink & red) http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S19837491/ , it's really good as it has like a ledge on each side so it stopped her falling out as much when she first went in it, its really low down and although it's a toddler/junior bed I can actually lie flat with my legs stretched on it - I'm 5ft 3.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:33 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
but hoooowwwwww? phone her and ask her Laughing i just can't figure it out and it doesn't have a picture. I will take her word for it for now Wink

Ok, she said there is a bit under the bit were you lie that just pulls out and then it's a double, she said its really simple and quick to do.

She said you can call in and have a look if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 am

hahaha ok ill just charter a plane...fine alright i believe her Laughing
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 am

There's a photo of it doing that on the website. I looked because I was intrigued
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:47 am

im evidently a total idiot cos i can't see it!

i love that one susan, but being mean i thought that if we had another baby and it was a girl we wouldn't be able to reuse it for them Laughing perhaps im just thinking a bit too far into it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

No I'm the idiot. I looked at one of the others. Just realised which one you meant. I wouldn't be able to work that one out
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 am

http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instructions/hemnes-daybed-80-cm__445V15_PUB.PDF

Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 am

Haha Mari, then go and get a pink one if you have a girl!! Laughing

They are really solid though and Libby's still looks like new after 18 months of abuse so I reckon you could easily sell it on again.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 am

ohhhh yeah, sell it on.....you would think with me selling all of our possessions i would have thought of that Laughing

the evidence is on page 25!!!! for such a complex procedure those men look awfully happy Very Happy maybe its cos they have free ikea pencils behind their ears!
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm

We got a single bed for paige. well my mum brought it. is a pretty white.metal bed frame. its.high but paige has always been able to get out.n can just get it in. we use a bed guard for her too
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:31 am

We went straight for a normal single: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7382226/Trail/searchtext%3ERACING+CAR+BED.htm

Though C's is pink and somehow we only paid 50 pound for the frame plus 60 for a mattress. Its a lovely height we dont even bother with sides and she loves it. Its a good width too as ive slept in it with her before and we were both comfy

Awens gonna be in her cot bed for a while but after that will prob get her something that height too.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 am

that's another consideration mario and maybe why i am leaning towards the single, because i will definitely have to lie with him until hes asleep at least at first so want to be comfy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

what kind of bed? _
PostSubject: Re: what kind of bed?   what kind of bed? Empty

Back to top Go down

what kind of bed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
what kind of bed? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
what kind of bed? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
what kind of bed? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
what kind of bed? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
what kind of bed? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
what kind of bed? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
what kind of bed? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
what kind of bed? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what kind of bed? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what kind of bed? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
what kind of bed? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
what kind of bed? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
what kind of bed? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
what kind of bed? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
what kind of bed? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words