Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

X-Ray when preg

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 am

Ok so ive been having major toothache since last thurs, saw an emergency dentist fri he couldnt see what it was etc. So today after it not lifting I rang my normal dentist and they got me in straight away for appointment, they have given me an xray today only with one of those little thingys they point at your face but i have been on google this evening and its freaked me out big time, my dentist knows im preg and said that it will only go to to that part of my mouth and wont spread to any other part of my body. Im scared ive done something stupid letting him do an xray - and the crappest thing is they still dont know why im getting the pain and have been given some crappy extra strong mouthwash to use for 2 weeks (app cant use any longer as it will turn by teeth brown) as the only thing they think at the minute is my gums are causing it (that or wisdom teeth)
Sorry for the rambling im just worried now ive hurt my bubs

xx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 pm

I dont know sorry hun... Im sure he wouldnt let you have it done if there was any chance of it causing harm. but when I was preg with Lillie, rob had an xray on... his leg I think argh cant remember! but I wasnt allowed in the ward, had to wait in the main area in the hospital, not even in the waiting room in the xray dept. but then maybe it was because there were many xrays going on I dunno.

Im sure all will be ok. Im sure they wouldnt let you have it. bloody wisdom teeth are a nightmare!
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:47 am

Thanks for your reply hun, im feeling a bit better about it today but just keeping away from google to be honest Laughing
Im ringing them tomorrow so think ill just come out and ask then (so they will hopefully tell me to stop being dumb)
x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 am

I'm sure you'll be fine hun

i found this

Most X-rays, such as dental X-rays, will not expose your baby to high enough levels of radiation to cause a problem. For example, the amount of radiation that your baby would get if you had a dental X-ray is only 0.01 millirad. Since one rad is equal to 1,000 millirads, you would have to have 100,000 dental X-rays for your baby to receive just one rad. Here are the figures for other typical X-rays:
60 millirads for a chest X-ray
290 millirads for an abdominal X-ray
800 millirads for a computerised tomographic (CT) scan (although it’s very unlikely you will be offered one of these if you are pregnant)
To keep it in perspective, during pregnancy your baby is exposed to about 100 millirads of natural radiation from the sun and earth.
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks Kel hun, its put my mind at rest reading that bit, I just kept finding all these things teling me I shouldnt of had one when preg and all that jazz

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Our radiographers at the hospital keep working through pregnancy cos the xray risk is fairly negligible hon. Ive been in the resus room while xrays were being taken and stood behind the cubicle partition and been confident all is ok so i wouldnt fret. Its like most preg rules - a bit nimbyish and ott designed to send hormonal ppl into a panic. Bubba will be cool xxx
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks Mario hun, I had to have another one today and made sure he put my mind at rest. Its crap though as it turns out its not my teeth but my sinuses pressing on my tooths nerves, drs wont do jack even after me being in this pain for a week, the best he has offered me is to go back if im same next week and he will give me a steroid nasal spray???! (WTF) whast that going to do? Paracetamol isnt touching the pain (hasnt for the last week) so im basically left here to suffer and I might just be feeling sorry for myself but it really does hurt more than having a baby Sad
xx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

ouchies hun! sounds nasty! nasal spray lol! whats that going to do haha

aw hope it does do something lol x x
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 am

Lol dont the dr was a right numpty - i swear he has just come out of medical school and he was a right poshen as well 'dr rupert (something or other) I swear I was older than him, lol thats scary. He didnt have a clue, started slaggin the dentist off saying well they will fob you off, I was like nooo ive been 3 times and he has tried to sort it and found from an xray what it was so do one poshy! I felt like saying that 'dentist' was my dad or something just to shut him up.lol mini rant about dr rupert over

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

X-Ray when preg  _
PostSubject: Re: X-Ray when preg    X-Ray when preg  Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Ray when preg

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
X-Ray when preg  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words