Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Quick answers needed x

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:06 am

Amelia woke screaming which she never ever does. She'd pooped and when I went to change her she went ridgid and wouldn't let me. After wrestling with her I found that her botty is raw with nappy rash. She's never had anything like this and it's come from nowhere Sad It's awful and looks on the point of bleeding Sad I managed to give her a little wipe with water and cotton wool and tried to smear some sudocrem on and wrestle her back into a nappy. I'm going to pop her over to boots and pick up some different cream. Would a pharmacist be able to give me anything better/stronger to help her? It's due to teething I think. Thanks ladies x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 am

Metanium is excellent - poor thing xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:23 am

Aimee had something similar a few weeks back... her botty was red raw and looked close to blistering. So odd as she had been fine a few hours before.... bad mummy for using Huggies Wipes and not Pampers.

Anyway, I have always used Bepanthem which is fab! It soothed her no end and she was fine to have her bum changed after putting it on and it had all gone completely by the day after.

x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am

Awww poor Amelia! Just went thru this not too long ago with Maky..blistering burn like sores on her tooshka after her course of antibiotics. We didn't use any wipes, even the sensitive ones as they just seemed to make it worse..just plain water..infact we would just run the bath and rinse her bum in the tub..then just pat dry her gently. Tried Zincofax and Penaten cream..but it hardly even helped. We bought Desitin...and it worked..smells a bit like fish as it has cod liver oil in it..but really made a difference in a couple days. That silver ointment I bought is what I am going to try if she get's one like that again. The health food clerk who sold it to me said it's gentle enough for a bubba's bum and works immediately. xxx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:38 am

gracie had this a while a go hun try using warm water and i will only ever use matanium cream its quite expensive but worth its weight in gold x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:11 am

we had the same the other night with elijah is was awful! bepanthen sorted it within 24 hours, lots of nakey bum time and just cotton wool and warm water Smile oh and we didnt use disposables for 24 hours and that helped too Smile
(metanium and bepanthen were on special at asda and sainsburys last week but couldnt say now)
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 am

i use drapolene cream, they use it in old peoples home on bed sores, its always been fantastic on Alice!

poor mite, hope it eases soon Sad
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:44 am

metanium smells rank but really does work quick...put it on lewis and the rash was gone within a couple of hours!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 am

I like bepanthen or sudocreme and i use warm water if its sore x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:48 am

we use bepanthen too x
Hope u managed to get her some xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 4:57 am

Thank you all!!!

I went in and got both Bepanthan and Metanium. Sudocrem has always served me well but this calls for something a bit stronger. Poor soul didn't want to sit down, not even in the car seat Sad
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:00 am

I'm sure with a good dollop in her tooch she will be sorted in no time x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:02 am

Think everyones covered all the bases but loads of loads of bare bum time x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 am

I'm going to have my work cut out for me getting anything near her butt. She's so strong and Dave is away all weekend. Wish me luck! Oh and wish that Amelia only has accidents on the wooden floor, not the rug!!! x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 am

Awwww. I can't give aim bare bum time as she will pee and poo on the carpet at any given chance. A Luke warn bath should soothe her enough to get the cream on after.

Then pour yourself a large glass of wine Wink x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:22 am

awww hope it heals up soon for her. yeh lots of air will dry it out lovely x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:26 am

I would say wash with plain warm water, pat dry, and leave neked as long as possible...then metanium when she has a nappy on

Izzy had this last week - she just woke up in the afternoon with the worst rash ever - I let her go round upstairs (need new carpets anyway lol) and she only did one wee which was on her nursery carpet!
It soon got better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:31 am

Aw poor Amelia Crying or Very sad Hope it clears up soon xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 am

you could just chuck an old duvet down or something in a room (Although im probably a bit rose tinted about how 'containable' toddlers are haha), we have a couple of ikea ones that were £3 and i reckon they will become poorly boy duvets Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:41 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
you could just chuck an old duvet down or something in a room (Although im probably a bit rose tinted about how 'containable' toddlers are haha), we have a couple of ikea ones that were £3 and i reckon they will become poorly boy duvets Smile

tehe you should see the speed that Amelia motors along at - I wouldn't fancy trying to keep her on a duvet for more than hmmmm 5 seconds! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:45 am

Hahahahahahahahaha Yeah as Lisa said I reckon 5 seconds would be good estimate! Well by the time she ate her tea it was time for bed so no real nappy free time. She's pooped 4 times today so hopefully tomorrow it'll have time to heal. Going to the blue planet tomorrow so will give her nappy free time before and after. Luckily she didn't get upset when I put the Metanium on, managed to get it all covered
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:47 am

Thats just like what happened to Izzy - 4 poops in one day and then the bad rash that afternoon from no where

She didn't actually do a poo the whole of the next day - then was back to normal the day after

Metanium is one of the least stingy I find
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 am

ah poor amelia Sad .. sudocream deosnt really help with really sore bum as it doesnt stay on skin.. metanium is absolutley fantastic.. before metanuim and when i had my first i used to use egg whites..as it would leva a film over her sking so the poo and wee wouldnt sting and give nappy free time x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:54 am

i use conotrane cream for evans bum and its amazing clears nappy rash up straight away
it can only be bought in certain pharmacys tho!! ive used it since he was newborn the only other cream ive tried is bepanthenamum (sp?) and it is nothing compared to conotrane
Back to top Go down
xMummytoArthurx

xMummytoArthurx

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:00 am

The exact same thing happened to Arthur yesterday, it was so awful. I only had bepanthen in, and I let him have a bit of nappy free time and put then plenty of cream on him. Today he's only pooped a couple of times and it's a lot less sore looking and not bothering him. I hope it gets better for Ameila. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Quick answers needed x _
PostSubject: Re: Quick answers needed x   Quick answers needed x Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick answers needed x

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Quick answers needed x Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Quick answers needed x Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Quick answers needed x Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Quick answers needed x Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Quick answers needed x Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Quick answers needed x Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Quick answers needed x Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Quick answers needed x Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quick answers needed x Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Quick answers needed x Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Quick answers needed x Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Quick answers needed x Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Quick answers needed x Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Quick answers needed x Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Quick answers needed x Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words