Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Safety tattoo for kids?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Safety tattoo for kids? _
PostSubject: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:22 am

What do you think of these?

http://www.safetytat.com/

I saw something similar in a baby magazine last month and googled it there because I thought Id dreamt it. I think they are a bit silly.

Would anybody use them? I kind of think its just giving your phone number out to strangers and isnt really going to stop a child being abducted.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:25 am

I dunno...Izzy is being fitted a GPS chip soon Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:27 am

Laughing

I watched a documentary on that once. Weird Shocked . Though I admit when Caitlin is older Id be tempted to track her on her mobile to see if like me she was hanging out in a park instead of being at a youth club. (Me when I was a teenager, not now obviously Laughing )
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 am

Lisa wrote:
I dunno...Izzy is being fitted a GPS chip soon Embarassed Laughing

mine too !!! i wish we could .. i would rest eaier knowing where they where when out when older x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am

OMG would you actually chip your children? I didnt think you could do that here. I can understand it would let you track them but surely its going a bit far....
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 am

There is no ability to GPS chip at the moment, but yes I'd do it

How can it be too far if it saves your child being murdered or kidnapped and never seen again?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:39 am

I think the tattoo is a bit of a pointless gimick, but if I could I would defo chip Aimee. For her own safety.

There are too many perverts in this world and her safety is paramount to me, like any mother.

If it meant her having it to prevent her being snatched, raped and murdered, then I'm all for it x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:50 am

Perhaps going to far is the wrong words.
Statisticallly how likely is it that a child in this country will be abducted?

Unfortunately chipping doesnt guarantee a child wont be murdered or abducted. They are just as likely to get abducted in the 1st place as the person taking them wont know they are chipped. Then unless you track them 24/7 how are you to know they are missing (maybe you do no straight off, I dont know details) from where they are meant to be...

And thirdly it wont prevent them from being murdered. Again I dont know statistics, but surely a high % of abducted kids that are murdered are killed within quite a short space of time. By the time you track them could it not be too late....

Iv never really considered it properly before, but I dont agree that it saves a child from being kidnapped or raped. It could still happen to a chipped child. There's just something odd about it. Maybe I could come round to the idea, I am easily swayed, but my 1st instinct is no.
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:52 am

the chip wouldnt prevent it happenen i think peadaphiles would still try but it mean getting to them quicker and knowing where they are at all times is good i think it would also prob deterr children from antisocial also .. but im sure there are lots of reasons fro it to bebad aswell x you can get fones that are chipped for children but all they have to do is leave it somewhere !!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:54 am

snoopy21 wrote:

Unfortunately chipping doesnt guarantee a child wont be murdered or abducted. They are just as likely to get abducted in the 1st place as the person taking them wont know they are chipped. Then unless you track them 24/7 how are you to know they are missing (maybe you do no straight off, I dont know details) from where they are meant to be...

And thirdly it wont prevent them from being murdered. Again I dont know statistics, but surely a high % of abducted kids that are murdered are killed within quite a short space of time. By the time you track them could it not be too late....

Iv never really considered it properly before, but I dont agree that it saves a child from being kidnapped or raped. It could still happen to a chipped child. There's just something odd about it. Maybe I could come round to the idea, I am easily swayed, but my 1st instinct is no.

i do aggree to most .. but as a mum of an 11 year old who wants to go out with her freinds and walks to school with freinds..i panick very much even if she doen tanswer her fone im wanting to throw up through fear she been taken.. my daughter has boundries as to where she is alowed and the minuti it was breeched i would be hunting her down
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 am

snoopy21 wrote:

Obviously it wont stop a child getting abducted - but if you realised you child had gone, you'd be able to find them much quicker - hopefully before anything happened.

Just think back to the Jamie Bulger case - that could have been prevented because his mum knew right away he was gone, but they'd already taken him away.

Actually loads of children who are kidnapped are not killed right away unfortunately many of tortured, abused, sold.....

Personally I am of the belief that if it meant one child was found before something worse happened then its worth it.
Statistics aren't always the best thing to look at, especially not when it comes to things as precious as children.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:58 am

I totally see what you are saying and I don't think it would prevent a child being taken, but I do believe that a child could be located before more serious harm could come to it.

I know that statistically not many children are kidnapped, but to be the parent of that one child, like madeleine McCann for instance, would be worth getting it for.

My luck with statistics where aimee is concerned isn't that great, so I would still be all for it x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 am

Thats why I said about the phone Emma Smile , but yeah if my mum chipped my fone and I wanted to bunk off Id probably have left it in my locker or something. Teenagers are sneaky and prob not the best at keeping themselves safe at times.

It just seems a bit weird to me. Should we all be chipped then, or get it taken out when we are 25? I dont know its just odd for me.

Laura I know statistics are pointless if you are the minority affected, its no consolation. For Madeline McCann I suppose it would put the family out of their absolute misery. Unfortunately I believe it would just help track her body Sad . I suppose I would need to see evidence of a child being recovered from a muderer due to being chipped before I was fully convinced....
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:07 am

I think this is a great idea for us! Madisyn being diabetic and not wearing her Medical Alert necklace, plus her loving tattoo's. Gonna have to look into these! Laughing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:08 am

I agree Lisa that if it saved a child it would be worth it. Im not saying i am completly opposed to the idea, I just have never fully thought about it and my gut instinct was that it is nanny state over protecting gone mad. Just my opinion, Im not saying anyone is crazy for disagreeing with me!!! Wink Smile

Jamie Bulger is a good point.

Id find it weird being tracked myself. Should we all be tracked then to protect us from rapists? It raises so many more questions for me. Should are family/spouses be able to track us every second of the day?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 am

I really believe that madeleine was (and may still be) alive 20 mins after she was taken (when they realised she had gone) so there would have been the chance of a happy ending. Unfortunately we will never know.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem being chipped myself either. If it meant keeping people safe then I am all for it.

I do appreciate the other side of the coin where people see it as an infringement of their freedom, but it wouldn't be a problem for me.

X
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:11 am

Jen I actually saw the food allergy ones and thought they were a good idea for Caitlin if she still as allergys when she older and at parties. It was the phone number ones I thought were strange, but no one else agrees. Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:11 am

I think as an adult it would be the persons choice!

As children we are responsible for them - I wouldn't see it as nanny state - I doubt very much the state would ever do it - too many £££££, so it would a parental choice

I can see the argument against that though - kids in deprived areas would get taken instead cos their parents couldn't afford a chip!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:14 am

i would do it.. and for pure reson of worry and to protect my child ..i think peadaphiles or murderes would maybe think twice before doing it if children where chipped!! .. maybe it doesn thave to be a permanent thing .. maybe for teenager or my child i would have it as an earing or something .. mayeb i wouldnt tell my daughter so she wouldnt take it out ..i dunno .. but i do know i would do anything to protect my child as much as is possible to do x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:17 am

Laura wrote:
I really believe that madeleine was (and may still be) alive 20 mins after she was taken (when they realised she had gone) so there would have been the chance of a happy ending. Unfortunately we will never know.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem being chipped myself either. If it meant keeping people safe then I am all for it.

I do appreciate the other side of the coin where people see it as an infringement of their freedom, but it wouldn't be a problem for me.

X

Nor me - my life isn't exactly worth someone tracking for fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:19 am

I know this is gonna sound morbid, so please forgive me. Paedo's are ever evolving and stepping up their game when it comes to snatching and harming kids. So even if there was a chip placed inside our child...they would find ways to find it and remove it. Making it less likely that the child abducted would be found alive.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 am

snoopy21 wrote:
Jen I actually saw the food allergy ones and thought they were a good idea for Caitlin if she still as allergys when she older and at parties. It was the phone number ones I thought were strange, but no one else agrees. Embarassed Laughing

I can see where the tatoo numbers might be useful - places like disney world for kids too young to find their own parents BUT surely the parent would have reported the child lost and person wh found child reports them so 1+1=2 ?! If the person doesnt report them as found then the tatoo is useless!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:21 am

jenshayne wrote:
I know this is gonna sound morbid, so please forgive me. Paedo's are ever evolving and stepping up their game when it comes to snatching and harming kids. So even if there was a chip placed inside our child...they would find ways to find it and remove it. Making it less likely that the child abducted would be found alive.

there is that, but how many get found as it is?
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:30 am

True! I think the personal alarm thing is a good idea. Btw..have any of you ladies got those finger prints kits done for your kids?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 am

jenshayne wrote:
True! I think the personal alarm thing is a good idea. Btw..have any of you ladies got those finger prints kits done for your kids?

What is the finger print kits?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Safety tattoo for kids?   Safety tattoo for kids? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safety tattoo for kids?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Safety tattoo for kids? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words