Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

OH problems, don't know what to do :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 _
PostSubject: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think we're on the verge of splitting up, and I have no idea how to fix it. After a huge argument last night, which resulted in him getting right in my face shouting at me and I got scared and pushed him away, and the next thing I know he's on top of me twisting my arm behind my back to the point that I thought he was going to break it. It's not the first time its happened either, hes been drunk before and smacked me across the face, I've got nobody to talk to about it, because whoever I tell will just say leave him but its not that easy Sad Sad Anyway I go to work sobbing my heart out and throughout my shift hes texting me saying that sleeping in seperate bedrooms for now might help us as he doesnt want to lose what we have, and that its not a break its just space for the relationship. But to me its the sign of a break up, he just doesnt want to say it. He even said to me that I'm only with him for the way he provides for me and Harry (which really pissed me off cos I work 40 hours a week for what?) and thats really not why I'm with him at all, I love him, but I just don't know how to fix this problem??!!!

I just dont have anyone to talk to about this, sorry for the rant Sad
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:48 pm

I havent been in a situation in this either but didnt wanna read and run x
Hope things work out sending u hugs xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:35 pm

hun, the ladies have given some good advice and some i'd imagine painful for you to read.

my advice is you know him, you know what he is like,

i work with alot of women in similar situations to you, and i've done research on the effect of domestic abuse on children, so have a different perspective to others.

what ever you decide i will support you, but i want you to think of something carefully, if he hit you again and this time was in front of harry, whether it was his fault or yours, could you live with that, could you live with harry growing up seeing a man who takes this step when pushed a bit too far

what would happen when harry was about 4/5 and saw mommy getting hurt would he step in and protect his mom...

as for the hitting, what else does he do that makes you feel he is controling you, does he moan about you working but then happy to spend the money, does he moan about the house, does he support you completely.

all i ask is that you think about things, done give any excuses you dont need to do that, then decide and i will support you in that, and i'd imagine i wouldnt be alone in supporting you here either xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I totally agree with clare, she put it a lot better than me. i worked in a womens aid refuge for 6mths and honestly alot of what you have said reminds me of what the women described their partner like when the violence started. They too blamed themselves and justified their partners actions in many cases. It was hard also to see little boys as young as 2/3 telling their mummys they were fat/lazy/a biatch as it was behaviour they had learnt from their daddys.

With regards control, did you not say recently that he didnt want you to start into teacher training. Were his reasons legitimate or was he anxious that you would be mixing with other people and possibly earning more than him in the future. (I could be way off the mark there, im not even sure he was against the idea).

I hope you are ok today & we are always here to listen. Im not judging you, I understand it must be so hard to have to decide something like this. x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:26 am

snoopy21 wrote:
I totally agree with clare, she put it a lot better than me. i worked in a womens aid refuge for 6mths and honestly alot of what you have said reminds me of what the women described their partner like when the violence started. They too blamed themselves and justified their partners actions in many cases. It was hard also to see little boys as young as 2/3 telling their mummys they were fat/lazy/a biatch as it was behaviour they had learnt from their daddys.

With regards control, did you not say recently that he didnt want you to start into teacher training. Were his reasons legitimate or was he anxious that you would be mixing with other people and possibly earning more than him in the future. (I could be way off the mark there, im not even sure he was against the idea).

I hope you are ok today & we are always here to listen. Im not judging you, I understand it must be so hard to have to decide something like this. x

He wasn't completely against it, he said it would be good for me, but we would need to make sure we aren't broke whilst I do the course and get into debt if you know what I mean, but it cause an arguement. He's not abusive to me, doesn't call me names or moan that I work, it's just every now and then (however its very rare) we have a blazing row and it gets heated (not always violent)...

I don't know, still confused, going to docs tomorrow cos I've been feeling down for a while now, not just because of him, I want to see if they can offer some sort of help or advice or anything to stop me feeling this way OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 548646

Thank you girls, love you all xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: OH problems, don't know what to do :(   OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OH problems, don't know what to do :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
OH problems, don't know what to do :( - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words