Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. _
PostSubject: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Just wondering, which do you have:
Just a winter coat (if so, which kind? Padded, duffle, fleece, water-proof etc?)
A puddle suit (again, what kind? Two piece, )
An all-in-one padded pramsuit (I'm guessing with no feet?)

Also, what do you think between these two:
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Duffle-Coat/dp/B003TNVTRI/sr=1-25/qid=1288607529/ref=sr_1_25/278-2220940-3085753?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=60629031&mcb=core
http://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price-Fisher-Price-Wadded-Jacket/dp/B003XRHNPM/sr=1-16/qid=1288607452/ref=sr_1_16/278-2220940-3085753?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=60629031&mcb=core

I like how warm the first looks, but like that the second at least doesn't looks younger and not like a school coat - which all boys coats seem to look like - boring black or navy, he's only one and a half (ish!)

Ta for any ideas xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 pm

We haven't had a snowsuit on Libby since her first winter (when she was was between newborn and 5 months ish)

Last year we just had a really thick warm coat and I would put her in lined trousers or jeans and put tights underneath - I'll do the same this year.

With regards to the coats you've found - I personally like the first one Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:22 pm

LOL I have LOADS of options, depending on the weather, what we are doing, what she is wearing underneath!

She has
Lined Raincoat
Cagoule
Hooded Winter Coat (similar to your 1st option)
Lots of padded/furry bodywarmers
Waterproof dungerees
A few short warm jackets
Hoodies

If we are going shopping, or just popping to someones house for example, and she wont be outdoors much I put a hoody and a body warmer on, so she isn't too bulked up

If we are outside and its wet she wears a raincoat or cagoule with her dungaree trousers - with whatever underneath depending on the temp

If she is playing outside and its dry but cold she has her long thick winter coat on.

She wears a nice shorter jacket if we are going somewhere a little smarter and needs a bit of warmth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 am

Thanks ladies - I'm liking the idea of something rainproof for legs... Dungarees sound like a good idea, I'd seen puddlesuits but I'm guessing they can be a faff to get in and out of (esp after gettting wet / muddy?) will look for trouser & jacket sets too; although haven't spotted as yet.

That duffle looks fleecy on the outside; wonder if this would be better scratch :-
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Herringbone-Duffle-Coat/dp/B00429MF1M/sr=1-1/qid=1288616481/ref=sr_1_1/278-2220940-3085753?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 am

Aimee has got a couple of winter coats and also a huge selection of clothes to go underneath.

I am quite interested in getting some waterproofs for her, especially if it snows, I would love to take her out in it.

x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 am

these are the ones I got for Izzy http://www.lullabys.co.uk/shop/hippychick-waterproof-dungarees-12044-0.html

That shop by me has an offer, not sure how good it is, but the dungarees were £2 less than ebay! http://www.lullabys.co.uk/shop/hippychick-waterproof-jacket-and-dungarees-12046-0.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 am

We have:

* A Regatta puddlesuit (unisex red) - fantastic for playing in the garden etc - we have an undulating wilder section at the back so he falls over in the mud quite a lot. The zip is a bit of a pain but it is less of a faff than changing the trousers. However the fit around the waist isn't that generous over thick jumpers, even though we're using age 2-3.

* A lightweight next showerproof jacket, also age 2-3 (wanted more than a few weeks wear out of it!), does fit over a jumper. Looking online the Car jacket is probably the closest in the current range, though it is a bit difficult to tell.

* A thick coat with waterproof outer and fleece liner, also Next (bizarrely in the summer sale) but I can't see an equivalent online, it isn't a padded jacket though it is similar in cut. Unusually for Next it measures a bit small, not sure it would fit over a fleece, but it is ok at the moment and practical for nursery. (Turquoise, hopefully it will do for a girl...)

* A 2nd hand snowsuit in 18-24 months (not a brand I recognise) but I'm not convinced it will fit him this winter - he wore it last winter in the rucksack carrier (didn't need gloves with it as his hands were in the sleeves).

Apart from the snowsuit we've had good use out of everything already, but he does like playing outdoors. Sometimes I think he has more coats than me - certainly more than I have that fit at the moment!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 am

Caitlin has 2 padded/puffa ITNG hooded coats from sainsburys, one pink one lime green.
A pink puffa/padded hooded coat from next.
A lighter weight pink jacket that prob wont fit past xmas.
A light puffy check one from gap with hood.
A cpl of fleece zip ups from gap/next etc.

Iv no light weight waterproofs so might have a look for one. I also hadnt considered waterproof/warm leg coverings like an all in one.

Does anyone find it a pain in the bum putting them in pram/carseat wearing padded coats? Caitlin just has this wee head poking out and the coat gathers up round her neck & face. The straps need constant letting in and out too...
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Im not bothering with the all in one pram suite x

Callum has a fleecy winnie the pooh coat with attached gloves for when its cold but not freezing then we have a proper winter coat which is really thick and warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.   Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Toddler Winter Clothes - coats etc. Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words