Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Midwifes been

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Havent seen my own midwife since 8 weeks, she has been on hols since bp probs started so been seeing a stand in. She came over today. Still got 1+ protein in urine so have had that for about 3 weeks now and shes not thrilled by bp and pulse bopping up and down like its doing or how regularly im getting headaches and the fact ive had to take my wedding ring off cos its getting tight over my fingers already. She also noticed i was short of breath after just loading dishwasher, putting on washing and taking out recycling so not really anything strenuous and i said id been sob and lightheaded a few times in last few weeks esp when my pulse shoots up. She was my mw last time and said she hopes it might just stay low level bp and pulse probs but doesnt wanna take any risks with the severity of the pre-ec last time so shes rung hospital.

Im now seeing my consultant day after tommorrow at 1045 for a review to see if i need any treatment or not and whether or not i might need to just get a cardiac opinion to rule out anything from there as have been told have a mild sinus arrythmia on a routine ecg though its never been followed up (an irregular pulse) and am to continue twice daily bp monitoring at home. Am also gonna have to see an anesthetist. Shes worried me a bit as she says she wants me seen cos she is worried about getting to full term if its not sorted out properly and ending up in an emergency like last time. This has been playing on my mind anyway as barely made it to term last time and they said C ended up slightly IUGR towards the end cos they did hang on for a week or so so a bit freaked now pale

Told her i have gp monday to see about going back to work and she said shes not happy about the idea of me going back to work esp with my kind of job and is in clinic at the docs surgery tommorrow and will be telling her that. So looks like might not be getting back just yet Rolling Eyes

Generally a bit pale
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Aw hun, just think though that they are looking after you this time - they won't just leave you to it like last time so if you need treatment at least you'll get it early.

Bug hugs hun and good luck tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Aw hun. Like Susan said though at least you're getting properly looked after though. good luck with the consultant and drxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm

argh, at least they seem to be staying on top of it and you are aware of it early this time - try not to worry (har!) i know medication is no fun but if being prescribed something now for your bp gives you a couple more weeks later on it will be worth it - i know im probably preaching to the converted Smile hope your review goes well and the g.p is sensible Smile
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

^ Just as Susan said. Esp. as she saw you last time - whereas someone else might have played it by ear or waited it out. Can irregular HB lead to anything pre-eclampsia type or anything else, or is it just another thing to check out? As worrying as it all sounds, it all actually seems really positive - that you'll get looked after earlier on this time! x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:29 pm

cant really add hun to what has been said but good luck at your appt and rest lady
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 pm

I had high bp when iwas pregnant with H and had meds to keep it under control so know how u feel hun. I had borderline pre eclampsia at 38wks snd had a cs. With Lewis i was fine tho. Glad you are being looked after and hope the app goes well. I wouldnt think of going back to work, the stress could make you worse xx
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Blimey Mario, you don't do things by half!! Glad to see that they are now looking after you and best of luck for your consultant appointment xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:00 am

With C developed high bp really early on at 18 weeks and they said it was stress and signed me off for 2 weeks. But continued having the odd spike and spots in eyes. By 32 weeks was carrying 2 stone of fluid and bp went up again. By 37 weeks weighed in 4 stone heavier than getting pg of which near on 3 stone was fluid, had liver pain, high bp and protein, headaches and visual disturbances. They sat on me for near on a week before doing anything and ended up in a horrible delivery where i ended up borderline for eclamptic seizures (had gotten to the point of limb jerking) with 4 diff IV meds running and my kidneys shut down. Ended up in emergency section as C dropped her pulse and got cord tangled round neck, and went from delivery suite to being cut open within about 10 mins, ended up in hosp for a week after and was only let out cos i went mental at the docs then on bp meds for 5 months. My mw from last time is my mw this time so she remembers all this happening

I think what freaks me out the most is MW saying shes worried i may not get to term this time as having same kinda symptoms but 3 weeks earlier in as thats whats been playing on my mind too. Im not thrilled about not being able to go back to work as it means am skint and its probably going to affect my maternity pay but i spoke to neil and he said he didnt care if it meant me and baby were ok and he would just do extra to make the money up if need be. My lady gp who is who im meant to be seeing on monday is also quite amenable to listening so i suspect once my mw gets her hands on her i wont be going back just yet anyway.

Am also a little surprised at speed they are getting me into consultant, when she said she would get my appointment pulled forwsrd i didnt realise they would get me in within 48 hours. Im not complaining guess it just makes me more anxious, hopefully he will say its all cool though.

Grace no as far as i know the pulse isnt related to the p/e but the higher the pulse is the less efficiently the hearts pumping so baby gets less oxygen so they dont really want it spiking too high too often i guess and with my pre exisiting pulse irregularity i guess they are just mot-ing me. Just an additional niggle i think to go with bp. Consultant will decide if i need to see a cardiac doc just for heart tracings etc. There is a kind of bp med called a beta blocker which slows pulse as well as steadying blood pressure so im hoping if they do start meds they might consider that as it wud kill 2 birds with 1 stone as i struggle to remember to take my aspirin if i dont leave it in 1 particular place as it is. Still at least if they do and it gets under control i may be able to fit in some work before mat leave starts but if not ive made my peace with being skint for the next 18 months as long as my baby is ok.

Im booking myself in for a tattoo on my forehead that says NO MORE FRICKIN KIDS
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:18 am

i can't believe they left you so long! i had the same but my bp started getting really high at 35/36 wks and we scraped to 37 weeks when i had eli (although i had no symptoms which will probably worry me more next time!). i doubt they would risk leaving you again, but maybe in some senses its better the devil you know - you know the risk is there and know you need to be taking it really easy.
do you think you will go back to work at all? i wonder if they will let you. like you say so long as baby is ok you will always manage.
i was surprised (and freaked out) at how fast things moved too, suddenly i was in hospital every day and people were running about stealing blood and things, but worrying and vile as it is, at least they are being proactive and hopefully they will let you start on beta blockers.

ooh went on a bit there Laughing anyway, hope youre ok Smile
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:59 am

I am so mad and upset for you right now! Number one, how she left you this long considering your previous history with C and now scaring the crap out of you with this one! I am glad that you are getting the proper care finally, and not left in limbo like you have these past few weeks, but with you and I talking pretty much daily, these symptoms have been continuous and worrisome! I can already tell you, probably not expect to go back to work, not till everything has returned to normal with meds and so forth, and you need..NEED to be seen as soon as something isn't right! Gah..I feel so helpless over here and wish I could just give you a hug and make sure you are looking after yourself.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 am

I can completely understand you worrying and rightly so but like I said at least they are monitoring you and not just leaving you with these symptons and fobbing you off with 'stress' again (although with your job it probably is contributing).

I also don't think you should go back to work because it is a hard, stressful job which is difficult at the best of times let alone when you're pregnant. I know it will be difficult with money but it's not worth yours or bubs health if things get worse.

I really hope you getting in to see the consultant is just to check everything over and they finally get you on some meds to keep you BP and heart rate under control, let us know how you get on.

Huge hugs hun Midwifes been 466645 xxxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:32 am

It's good that they are keeping a close eye on you, it's a shame you cant go back to work, but in all seriousness, you know yourself that thats what you have to do! Hope you feel better soon hun x
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:37 am

hun, sounds like they dont want to copy the same mistakes, pity you cant take that further..

but least they looking after you and if it helps i'm 12 weeks and seeing consultant tomorrow so they are keeping an eye on moms who have a risk
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 am

voicing the same as the others here.

glad in a way its happening so fast and hopefully u wont go thru what u did with C >

sit on ur bum and let ur fella load the machine Smile X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Midwifes been _
PostSubject: Re: Midwifes been   Midwifes been Empty

Back to top Go down

Midwifes been

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Midwifes been Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Midwifes been Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Midwifes been Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Midwifes been Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Midwifes been Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Midwifes been Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Midwifes been Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Midwifes been Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Midwifes been Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Midwifes been Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Midwifes been Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Midwifes been Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Midwifes been Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Midwifes been Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Midwifes been Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words