Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What Temp - Central Heating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

What Temp - Central Heating? _
PostSubject: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 pm

What temperature do you have your central heating at?

We had our new system fitted in January and basically, it has lots of times suited around us. It never gets below 15 degrees, but is set at 21 degrees the rest of the time we are in the the house - although I do normally pop this down to 20 as it gets hot.

I dropped Aimee at my mums this morning (for the last time... wooohooo) and her house was freezing!! She insisted her heating was on, but when I checked her thermostat she has got it set at 15 degrees!!!!

I wasnt happy about leaving Aimee in a freezing house, but she refused to turn it up, saying it would get warmer, and I had to get to work. So I made her keep her coat on.

What temp does everybody else have theirs on?

x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 pm

i have no idea lol... i swear our thingy is broken so its on full wack n i turn the heating off fro the boiler when its warmor too hot.. i have it set at 70 on the boiler but it think thats different? x
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 pm

we dont have thermostat on our heating its either on or off Sad
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 pm

23 i think ours is, 15 is cold brrr!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Ours is on btw 15-20 x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 pm

We have ours set between 20 and 21, it's not on overnight at the moment though. xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Ours is either on or off. Its crap, when its on you can get roasting after an hr & then within 10mins of turning it off the house is cold again. We are in a bungalow and I def think its harder to heat.
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Ours is broken so it could be on 10 and one day 10 will be far to hot (our indoor thermometer will say it is 26) and other days 10 will be freezing! so I just turn it on and off manually upstairs on the actual thing itself. I like my living room to be 26 degrees, hubby blames it on the fact that I'm half Spanish and like it as hot as the med Laughing BUT at night it has to be cold, I cannot sleep in a hot room, I had the fan on last night Shocked .

My nan has to have her house at 30 Shocked whenever we visited we always took shorts and t shirt with us to change into when we got there. I forgot it was winter once and stepped outside only to run back in to get changed into winter gear as walking to Tesco in shorts and t-shirt in Shoreham (near Brighton) in December was NOT a good idea (anyone who lives in/near Brighton will understand how brisk it gets) *brrr*
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:52 pm

I only put our on from 8am to about 10am it stays warm all day then Smile
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 pm

I usually have ours set to about 21-23 depends how cold i am, sometimes it seems to take forever to warm up and others i'm turning it off because its boiling lol

I never have mine on over night, I have the timer set so it comes on at 6 am and goes off when we leave the house. and then comes on in the afternoon and goes off at bedtime.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 pm

snoopy21 wrote:
Ours is either on or off. Its crap, when its on you can get roasting after an hr & then within 10mins of turning it off the house is cold again. We are in a bungalow and I def think its harder to heat.

I agree Snoop, we're in a bungalow and it gets cold really quickly xx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 pm

We only have our heating on overnight. i refuse to put it on during the day when we can add jumpers etc. But an night time i hate wearing clothes for bed so normally have it on. Our thermometer normally shows anywhere between 21-23 degress.

x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Ours is old and useless - it's either off or full-whack with nothing inbetween. Oh and you have to put hot water on and heating at the same time - one won't work without the other Rolling Eyes The house is freezing - doesn't keep the heat in at all, put heating off 15mins ago and already stone cold radiators and chilly round feet.

Not long to go until you don't have to worry about these things though! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm

wow either my heating is broke or you lot are really nesh Laughing
i have mine on 17 at the highest, mostly on 16 and that is comfy enough to leave on and sit with no jacket or jumper on...any higher and its far too hot at night, if i do have it on timer i bump it up to 20 but then it can only be on for an hour or its red hot, the only time i put it on higher is if i need clothes drying quicker Embarassed x
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:31 am

I have no idea what ours in on. It is set on the boiler which I have no clue how to use Laughing
So no thermostat. OH has set it on 'snuggly warm' lol!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:22 am

We have numbers on ours but I've never taken any notice of them I just turn it on full when I'm cold and off again when I'm too warm Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 am

Ours is usually on 20-21 degrees though this year I am trying not to put in on where I can as I dont want a gas bill that looks like a telephone number again!!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 am

we have ours on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and our boiler is set to 40? but surely thats not 40 degrees Embarassed x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:01 pm

ours is usually between 17-20 any higher and it is too hot.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 pm

I agree Laura that 15 is cold, ours is minimum 15 and max 21. There is no way that we could not have the heating on in the day on cold days as our house seems to get cold quite quickly and i hate having to layer up with clothes to be warm enough!

For those of you who dont have a thermostat we brought one that works wirelessly so you dont have to wire it in etc. I think you still need basic technical know how but OH's dad fitted it for us in less than a hour so am guessing was not too complicated!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 am

ours is in the hall, its usually set between 20-25... i turn it and if it cllicks at a number i thinks cold, like below 20 then i bang it straight up. but if im drying washing its on full pelt all day till its dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What Temp - Central Heating?   What Temp - Central Heating? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Temp - Central Heating?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What Temp - Central Heating? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words