Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What temp are you on at night?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

What temp are you on at night? _
PostSubject: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Baby monitor is dropping to 13 overnight Shocked - bean is in a long sleeve vest, full sleepsuit, beanpod (m&p dream pod Smile ) then cotbed duvet over - and a fleece blanket over the side of the cot to block out some of the draft. He's still waking up, but that's bad habits again from being ill and coming into our bed Rolling Eyes - I have little feet to contend with on the inside and outside these nights x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Izzys room had dropped to 14 a week ago or so - so we keep the heating on all night on 18 although her room only goes up to 16 (its a strange room that never gets overly warm - cant wait to move her to front room which is much warmer!)

So with the room around 16/17 she is in sleeveless vest, PJs, 2.5 Purflo bag with arms and a fleecy blanket on top - if I go and check and she feels chilly I add another blanket
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 pm

we are on 17.5-19 depending on what the mysterious storage heater is up to...eli is wearing a long sleeve vest, sleepsuit, 2.5tog grobag and a knitted blanket loosely over the top - he seems ok (oh, and socks on hands til he dribbles on them haha)

i had to put him in 6-18 month grobag tho (or dreampod) which i think cos its so big on him is a bit draughty...he seems to get sweaty if i put any more on him! the 0-6 month was strangulating him.

maybe im just a cruel mummy! hmmmmmm eli is up about 4 times a night at the moment but was doing that before it got cold Smile
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:56 pm

I have to be honest we dont have the heating on at night. Alice has a duvet, wears a vest and long sleeve PJs, she NEVER wakes up because she is cold and more often than not when i check on her she has kicked all her covers off.

she knows how to pull the covers back on to herself cos she does it when she is playing "night nights"

I feel like an incredibly bad parent now!
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:58 pm

my bedrooms never seem to drop below 18/19. since having to cavity insulation done, its been great
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 am

I should prob get a new thermometer.

Her bedroom ATM is tiny tho so never gets very cold
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:33 am

Don't feel bad Jo - I never have and never will keep the heating on all night, it makes me ill!

The kids rooms get quite warm so the heating goes off as soon as they go to bed and when I go to check on them at around 11 their rooms have usually dropped to around 18/19 so will drop further during the night. I make sure they have plenty of layers on and add an extra blanket when I go to bed but I guess I'm lucky that neither of then ever wake in the night. I sometimes find Thomas lying on top of his covers and it doesn't seem to bother him.

xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 am

our bedroom is freezing and while Arwyn is always cosy (bodysuit/sleepsuit/2.5tog sleepbag/blanket) her hands are like ice! Sad i've been putting socks on her hands then mittens on top and still no difference Neutral
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:39 am

We put our heating on for 2 hours when we go to bed - temperature is 21c, then Simon puts it on again for 4 hours when he goes to work at 6 so its nice and warm when me and Libby get up. I have checked the thermostat when I've gone for a wee or got heartburn tablets and its only dropped down to about 17c.

I'm with Debs though, if we had the heating on all night I would getting a really thick headache xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am

Jo don't feel bad - your house probably doesn't get cold like ours at night! Ours is so old and even with the double glazing and extra insulation her room is just cold - it has thinner walls than the front of the house and maybe just due to where it is, but its always a few degrees less than our room!

As soon as she moves to the front room the heating probably wont need to be on!
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am

I too would like to know how to keep hands warm at night!
Last night Flick had babygro, Jammies,slipper socks andwas in a sleeping bag with a little blanket on top.
She was lovely and warm this morning but have tried mittens,gloves,socks and her hands are still like ice scratch
Not that she's bothered, as soon as I get her out of her cot in the mornings she puts her hands straight down the back of my top lol!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 am

Izzys hands get cold quite often but at night if her body is warm enough her hands stay warm enough, so maybe try an extra blanket?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:41 am

My LO's bedroom has been dropping to about 14oC (the eggs blue anyway) We have the heating on from tea time until he goes to bed at 8pm. We too never keep it on all night cos we all feel dead rough next day with sore throats.

At the mo he's sleeping in a longsleved vest, pj's and his fleece bed jacked/jumper..then his duvet cover. He has been waking recently in the night and thought it could have been the cold, maybe it is - but he's genrally been quick fuddy lately Rolling Eyes
His hands and feet do tend to get quite cold, but thats quite normal anyway as the body draws all the body heat to the core when asleep
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 am

He doesn't feel too cold - yet! And sure the waking is just bad habits.

Am reassured by the 14 deg. Zee - his room just doesn't heat up!! It's on 13 now. Had the heating come on about 7 and we were up and about for 9 and even that made me scratchy throated - plus our heating (if you can call it that) costs a fortune to run - have to have hot water and heating on together or neither work. Rolling Eyes

If it snows here it might actually heat up a bit - this ice and all day frost isn't good! x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:11 am

No, Little mans room doesn't seem to heat up either, its only a small room and has a small radiator (about 2ft x 2ft)

Its 1oC here, well outside lol, have just put the heating on full wack, have been resisting all day
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 am

oo as the sounds of things im under dressing paige?

her room is beween 18-210c (well the yellow on the egg and the orange)

i dress her in a sleep suit, her sleeping bag (2.5) and her blanket (2.5#) some times one of them fluffy primark ones if its cold.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 am

Happydiee - that sounds perfect for a room of that temp. Very Happy Its very rare our egg is on orange nower days lol
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 am

..or even yellow! Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 am

lol oh okie, thats good!

yea we was yucky with paiges room, its only a small box room but its south facing, so as long as its sunny it gets pretty warm in there! but now its been cold the egg is more yellow.. but we couldnt bleed her heating as the thing has broken off, now that its been fixed, (yesterday, also had A new rad in the front room and in our room) the egg was orange!

Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 am

We keep our heating on 18 through the night, Harry goes to bed in his vest and PJs and his quilt but he kicks his covers off. I've had to put socks on him even with a babygro as his feet get really cold but he won't wear a sleeping bag and hes warm everywhere else xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 am

We have been leaving heating on til 10ish and her room seems to be about 17, she wears l/s vest and jammies and last cpl nights had socks n baby legs on. She does have a duvet but wont keep the bleeder on but seems warm enough
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 am

we have our heating on all night! i cant stand tyhe room being cold. on a few occasions ive tried putting more clothes on for bed but i hate wearing anything! im a bra and knickers kinda girl! alfies moitor should 21-22degrees and he normally wears a short sleeved vest, baby grow and in a 2.5tog sleeping bag. hes always nice and warm on a morning.

x
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 am

happydiee wrote:
oo as the sounds of things im under dressing paige?

her room is beween 18-210c (well the yellow on the egg and the orange)

i dress her in a sleep suit, her sleeping bag (2.5) and her blanket (2.5#) some times one of them fluffy primark ones if its cold.

thats what i'm putting ava in, sometimes a bodysuit underneath, her rooms around 19
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:09 am

Amelia's room is on 21oc at the moment but dropped down to 18oc last night as the heating wasn't on as much as usual. I usually have her in a long sleeved vest and 2.5 Grobag. Last night I popped a waffle blanket over her too and she woke lovely and toasty. I think Amelia is warm blooded like her daddy x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:12 am

we have a programmable thermostat..so we set it to go down to 17 at night..but also we stoke up the wood stove to get it blazing before bed then set it to slow burn for the night. As a back up..we also have programmable space heaters for the kids rooms..and if the temp dips down..they will come on just to warm it up. I personally love a colder room..but with a warm bed. I cannot sleep if the room is too warm. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What temp are you on at night?   What temp are you on at night? Empty

Back to top Go down

What temp are you on at night?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What temp are you on at night? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words