Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Christmas is just not the same when they get older.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Christmas is just not the same when they get older. _
PostSubject: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 am

I love xmas its so magical but it so different when the kids get older.

Sam has had £145 and has loads of good presents.
Archie has had £198 and has lots.
Chelsea has had £270 and has about 7 presents including a wii. Shocked
Tom has had £280 and has 5 presents including a laptop Shocked

Its just not the same for the olders ones. The little ones have a pile of presents to open and their faces will be a picture on xmas morning but the older ones have hardly anything at all! Why oh why cant they stay small Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 am

I'm hardly buying Amelia anything this xmas as she's had a truck load throughout the year. Probs £100 MAX more than likely far less.

I know what you mean though, looks so mean when there's a LO with a ton o prezzies under the tree and one with just a couple. It's just that they have expensive tastes! xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am

I did plan just to spend £100 on Tay as i know she will get tonnes from family and friends! But spent near enough £200 now Embarassed My mum still does me, luke my bro & sis a stocking so it looks like i have loads hehe Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:55 am

I know what u mean my mum said that the other day how she loves having grandchildren now to buy lotsa lil bits at christmas n to see there reactions x were all getting older and have a big gift now rather then bits n bobs x

We have spent around £110ish we wanted to spend bit more jus cant afford it. he has 2big ish pressies which will be set up for when he wakes up so ive done a stocking with bits to open n he does have few pressies to open frm us and ohs family. Then he has bits to open frm my family in the afernoon xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:57 am

we spent about £300 which is far too much, so I think I'm going to keep some things back for her birthday. I know what you mean about the older ones though , when my niece comes up my brother has spent about £400 and it fits in one little carrier bag.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 am

My mother still buys us stupid things to unwrap, I keep telling her theres no point because they NEVER get used but, she can't let go of having millions of presents under the tree
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 am

My son is 10 now and I feel sad that I cant buy him 'toys' , most of his presents revolve around his ps3 as that seems to be his only interest. Also he doesnt mention father christmas any more Sad Cant wait to have another little one so we can indulge in buying toys and that real excitement again.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

there are 4 years between me and my sis so for a good few years I got a small pile and it looked like she got loads and honestly I didnt mind. because I was older I knew what things cost and really appreciated it. and im sure your two older ones are not spoiled brats they will appreciate it too

I just added up what ive spent on hannah and ive spent 230. I think thats an awful lot to be honest as shes only 2. this includes clothes and pjs and a pair of shoes though. and to be fair her dolls house is for me!
x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:41 am

I kno exactly Wat u mean we have spent jst under£200 on Evan and he has loads
We have spent double that on oh's older son and he has 8 presents 2 of which I got free with his iPod touch ( speakers worth £50 and a £35 accessory pack) so if I didn't get them free he wud have only had 5 presents and spent near £400 it looks grim compared to Evans but he does understand the huge difference in the cost of things he wants and the price of toys/clothes for Evan plus he gets 2 christmas's cos he has one with us one with his mum so very much spoilt but had we spent any less he wud have had nothing to open lol
Although he did tell us all he wanted was iPod touch nothing else
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 am

My eldest isn't getting much as she had an intensive driving course and test for her birthday and then cash towards a car, so I'll just het her a few bits and one of those estee Lauder vanity cases that are on offer at Debenams. (believe me, they get really expensive as they get older).

My 13 year old is getting a laptop and probably some xbox games and clothes.

But Im really not spending much on ellie. I'm getting her a little tykes car and few little things. Our family will buy her other things, and I know as she gets older she'll start to drain us for every penny we have like her bro and sis do.

I love christmas, just wish it wasn't so bloody expensive.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 am

the big things iv got this year is 2 flatcreen tvs and brackets for the wall. 3 bikes and an Xbox. the older they get the less they have. and im pretty peeved off cause poor wee ben has NOTHING yet! not a stitch. yet u open the kitchen cupboard and everything falls out at u, its all alasdairs...

christmas deffo aint the same.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:24 am

They dont seem bothered but i always feel bad that they dont have a huge pile Sad

Oh i forgot Sam got tickle me elmo too hehehe so he had £185!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:33 am

I feel your pain hun. Christmas is really bad for this with Matt especially. We try to spend equal amounts on them all, but he is old enough to understand that the items hes asked for cost a whole bunch more. It's not just Christmas either, it's all year round. They want designer labels, custom skateboard shoes, top name brand everything. It all adds up and its depressing. On the good side, he never once complained about the smaller amount under the tree and is very thankful. Madisyn is now just getting into the designer stuff, but wouldn't be mortified if I bought her clothes from Walmart or Zellers...so I think I can stretch that for another couple years...I hope! xxx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:19 am

Both the kids will get £100 ceejay will have two presents as one is a bike for £85 and a new coat he wants although with his behaviour this year he should get coal lol.

So far gracie has my first lap top, a kitchen, aqua doodle and a thomas tank engine track she loves thomas and thats only £50
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:32 am

I bet your big ones will still love what they get!

I think I have spent more than I intended, as spent £220 already - so I think the other things I was going to get can wait til her birthday thats only 10 weeks after xmas

She has got
doll £50
doll highchair & cot £30
doll clothes and bits £25
wooden skittles £8
peppa pig 'laptop' £12
disney sketcher/scribble thing £10
aqua draw mini mats £6
disney tv £80
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 am

mara when they say they aren't bothered they'r emost definately not,
my mum used to feel bad for me not getting much compared to my sisters ( who are 5 years younger and 8 years younger than me)
I understood that my presents were more expensive and I honestly didn't sit there and go "hmph look at their massive Christmas pile compared to mine:

so don't worry Smile

Im inadvertently spending a fortune on Tyler but Im addicted to shopping and I haven't spend any money on myself since he was born so this is like my retail therapy... I do only get stuff reduced but he really doesn't need anything. I think so far I've spent about 150 on him but theres so much more I want to get ...
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 am

im not sure exactl how much i have spent Sad
my oldest now knows that santa just aint real plus he has got loads more throughout the year compared to my 9 year old so he understands my 9 year old will get more than him
sanielle has got less but still way too much i have no room for it Sad ,,, going to have to sit and do an add up on everything Sad
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:54 am

we are spending about £30 max each on elijah and whatever we can manage on each other - we have bought pram, crib, cot, clothes, reusable nappies, highchair, toys, carseat etc etc etc this year and my maternity runs out soon.....plus he's only going to be 7 months! Laughing

hopefully when he is a bit older we will manage to get him a few more bits for christmas but not this year Smile
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:41 am

oo god, i hate to think what its like when kids get older..

we was only going to get paige this..

bounce and spin zebra
voilet dog thing
and a big ninky nonk..

but now we have these plus..

a huge peppa pig
a tinga tinga tails monkey
a tea set
mega blocks
ITNG mega blocks
and some other bits n bobs
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 am

i find that when they get older, the presents get smaller and cost more.

rich will have £100 we only spend that much
and thats about 3 presents

we also going to buy a xbox kinnect but thats a family present.

we already thinking of buying him a bike for when bubs comes as a gift, he needs a new one so we planning on that.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:17 am

Hmm

Doll 13
Buggy 30
Doll stuff 10
Sticklebricks 27
Jigsaw 3
Hoover 15

Whats that? £98? So roughly 100 lol. Ive spent 35 on neil and about a tenner on each of myparents (theres 4 of em though) and sisters
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 am

mine all have the same anount spent and thats about 150 to 200 .. i find my eldest the hardest to buy fro .. as she had had all the cool things b4. but i wont let her have alap top yet as we have 2 pcs int he house and i liek her in the public view when she is on it!!
this is the only thing left that she really wants but i sai dno ..and instead got her a good fone and a decent camera with clothes vouchers and make up ( btu only the miniumun make up ) and cds and stereo for her ipod x

jamie and amelie have lots of different things they like x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

I think im in the minority here in saying i've only spent £50 on Imogen so far and i won't be buying much more. We got her a dolls house with furniture, a tea set and a christmas outfit. Anything else i buy will be small inexpensive things to fill her sack.

She'll get loads of things from family so don't see the point in spending a lot and really i'd rather save the money for when she's older. I remember the things i asked for and how much they cost and seeing this post i think i'll keep christmas smallish till she's really old enough to want/ask for things
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am

I used to buy small things so they got more but over the years have realised its deffo quality over quantity so i have stopped buying all the little stocking fillers xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:19 am

I'm really shocked at how much everyone spends on their children Shocked

For Immy's 3rd birthday next week we have bought her a bike (£70) and probs at the most £30 of smaller gifts. But this is the first time we have bought anything like that.

For Christmas neither of the girls will have more than £50 spent on them. I'm sure as they get older this will increase slightly, but i never expected (or received) excessive amounts of presents when i was younger from my parents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just not the same when they get older.   Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas is just not the same when they get older.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Christmas is just not the same when they get older. Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words