Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Older child, middle child etc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Older child, middle child etc... _
PostSubject: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:28 am

Do you think there's any truth in this whole only child syndrome/middle child/older child etc...

I've just been thinking about it and I think my hubby defo has middle child syndrome. He is quite clingy and loves lots of attention and hugs, like to be told often how much we love him and this is due to his mother being so proud of her 1st born ("you should be more like your older brother etc...") and then being engrosssed in the baby (his younger brother)

As a child I was an only child who lived wth Daddy and he pandered to my every need, whim and fancy. When I went to live with my mother I was the eldest child and expected to set an example, when punishments were dealt out I got the most blows, I got hit hardest and most often whereas my sisters misdemeanours were often overlooked.

Daddy said "one should only speak when one is spoken to" so although I was spoilt by him I was also beaten and silenced and my reward for being silent was having it all. I had everything from both parents except love and I guess that's why I've done some of the things I have done in my life, my need to be and to feel accepted by my peers. I can also display some brattish behaviour which I am not proud of Laughing If I don't get my own way I've been known to walk off and slam doors like some emo teenager Laughing

SO I was wondering did how you were brought up affect how you are today? The person you are? I'd love to hear from middle children and only children especially but would love to have to p.o.v of the youngest child. I have a mixture of only child and eldest as I've been both. I was an only child for 6 years before I went to live with my mum for 6/7 years then moved out as I'd had enough of her.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:32 am

i think it deffinately has some truth - im a middle child and i was deffinately the toruble causer of my family lol, i never went to school, i used to just disappear for days - drank lots, smoked lots and was just a general tearaway.

where my 'sperm donor' is concerned, he used to like my older sis cos she was very clever, and my younger bro because he was the only boy so i deffinately got left out, he hated me and used to pick on me, and me only, he used to come i nour room after he had been drinking and threaten me and call me allsorts but never said anything to my bro or sis!
x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 am

I'm a middle child and I was always getting compared to my brother even from teachers asked, why can't you be like him. When we were growing up my little sister could do no wrong at all, so I always got blamed for everything and consequently she is the biggest spoilt brat you'll ever meet but my mother now realises what she's made her like that so she's trying to be tougher on her.

I think I'm actually more independent for being the middle child, I don't need anyone to do anytthing for me whereas my brother and sister will do nothing for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:40 am

ollies that is deff true, i am living in my and my oh's own hoome, i look after pennies, we always have everything we need in etc look after two kids whereas my sister who is 25 still lives with my mum, gets her cooking cleaning ironing etc done for her, is in debt and has absoloutly nothing to show for it and is very selfish and immature sometimes!
my bro also lives in this same situation as my sis, they are both spoilt immature brats at times!
my bro is 19 and mum still has to ring for a docs dentist appointment etc for him, he does absoloutly nothing for himself!
x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 am

I'm the youngest of 5 and would say I had more material things then my brothers and sister because they were all born close together and I was 8 years after my nearest sibling, so my mum had more money to spend on things like holidays and christmas and school trips because they were all adults by the time I was 10 years old.

I definitely see a difference in the way we're treated by my mum. My eldest brother quite frankly is a waste of space, yet my mum thinks he's wonderful and can do no wrong, yet she's always bailing him out financially, with me my mum still sees me as her baby even though I'm 30. The only expection to middle child is my sister, she is one of the middle children, yet she's the closest to my mum out of all of us. I never got compared at school because there was such a large age gap and I had a different dad to them, so different surname

It's difficult to say really as my eldest brother had his first child when I was 7 so the attention went from me as the youngest child to my nephew being the first grandchild.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 am

I am the eldest of 5 and the youngest child is defo a brat. I want and I get come hell or high water attitude. Because my other sister (the one 5 years younger than I) was the youngest for quite a few years she is still very spoilt, expects everyone to run around after her.
The twins are the middle children and the lad is a just get on with it kinda guy and my sis (his twin) is worse than what I was she does the whole slamming doors thing, sulking, moody etc but then my step-dad picks on her the most as I'm not around for him to pick on anymore he rules her with an iron fist Sad I stood upto him last year and called him a tw at and that I'm a grown up now and how he DARE try tell me what I should and shouldn't do. He then asked "can we be friends on facebook" Shocked I bluntly said no, you are not my friend, why would I want to be friends with you? Laughing

Whatever I do I will never be good enough for my mother.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

I'm the oldest of three andam the only one who has finished a levels, got a job and bought a house. im sensible always did as I was told never got into trouble etc/
my middle sister, is 21 and has never had a job (apart from 2 or 3 temping jobs) since she quit college at 17. she craves attention and is the biggest drama queen ever.

my youngest sister is a mixture of the two of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Older child, middle child etc...   Older child, middle child etc... Empty

Back to top Go down

Older child, middle child etc...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Older child, middle child etc... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words