Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

formula....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:28 am

First topic message reminder :

was saving this for the health visitor tomorrow but thinking she's not going to make it in this snow....

i want to start Arwyn on a bedtime bottle but don't know where to start Neutral HV has already told me follow on milk is a con. help?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:29 pm

cheers, i'll try anything Laughing

i've just tried her with some baby rice, i'm not sure i made it right. she didn't seem too impressed with it Neutral
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm

^ me too! Some of them smell vile formula.... - Page 2 981624
For some reason I thought you'd be on 2nd attempt but realise you'd posted yesterday eve, after 1st go Laughing

Can recommend the Hipp - even though we "could" have gone straight to cows milk as it was about 1yr old we made the change to formula, we found the hipp made for a good transition - but it really is each baby to their own tastes! We demand-fed too (every hour if he was awake Shocked) but just before we started weaning I got into a rough routine of first thing, mid-morning, lunch, mid afternoon, dinner and then bedtime feeds - which also then led to him having a nap after both the mid-morn and mid-aft ones - then led nicely into introducing solids when he was 5 and 3/4 months - by which time he was more than ready so we didn't waste much time on baby rice / just one feed etc. I can't remember whether we did BF before or after solids... but I know it wasn't long (a month or two?) before we were just having the 'foods' with no separate milk feed (so it was just BF first thing, and 3 x before sleeps). But it's then that you start worrying about milk intake, milk in foods, cheeses, yoghurts etc Laughing

Not sure if any help but http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/food_and_drink/food_and_drink_home.jsp?GLOBAL_DATA._searchType=0&pageRef=food_and_drink_landing_page.page - you can search for Cow & Gate, SMA, Aptimil and Hipp Organic - will show all nutritional values / ingredients for comparing and seeing difference between powdered and ready-made too. Only because I remember spending lots of time in the baby aisle at the supermarket reading the backs of packets and getting very --> scratch ! xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:05 pm

*taaakeeee the appppttttimiillllll taaaaaakkkeeeee thhhe appppptimiiiiillllll* oh is that the voice of a formula ghostie?? Laughing excuse me i havent had much sleep Sad

i think grace is right, maybe try it during the day, and if it does give her a sore tummy then at least you wont be up all night!

elijah wont eat baby rice unless it has pureed apple or banana or something in it - its really bland Laughing i think i remember amy saying the same about alfie...we went onto organix banana porridge pretty quick - its baby rice with organic banana in it to give it flavour Smile

anyway thats off topic - good luck!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 pm

i've been snowed in for the last 10 days so i only got out yesterday to buy some. might go to tesco and try a different one then.
think i might just breastfeed forever, this sounds like hard work Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 pm

baby rice looks rank, i didn't realise it was so tiny Laughing i might try some porridge tomorrow, at least it looks more interesting!!
does aptimil smell rank? i wish i could try before i buy Laughing when i'm more confident to drive in this we'll come visit
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 pm

it smells ok, kind of sweet from what i remember, and it just tasted sweet - not milky but not chemically either. i know the roads are b*llocks, im so sick of being indoors im getting really miserable Sad

baby rice is hilarious, its definitely not really rice, i would be sad if that turned up with my curry!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:27 pm

it's more like tiny couscous. i've just wasted the milk i pumped this morning on it Rolling Eyes porridge seems like more fun!
breast milk tastes sweet so maybe i'll give it a bash. just what to do with the SMA now Laughing

i'm going down to my mummy's tonight for a change of scene Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:44 pm

hate to break it to you but most of the porridges are actually baby rice in disguise! Laughing least some of them are more flavoured though ahaha. maybe keep the sma and see if she will take it in a week or something? i think you can only keep it open for 6 weeks.

im so jealous, im going ummmm well nowhere Laughing im hoping john wants to have an adventure at the weekend if the roads are ok but he has a stupid essay to do.

i would rather be forced to get up at 9am for a stupid class than this - weve been out once in 14 days! maybe i will have the treat of walking to co-op when john gets home...ooh!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 am

I found Cow and Gate the least offensive smelling of the 3 (sma/c&g/aptimil) until we found hipp - I didn't even realise they did a milk!
Baby porridge is MUCH nicer than baby rice Very Happy and pureed pear a thing of the gods apparently Laughing btw swede is a whole heap of hassle and smells strong when cooking but that was popular too, as was parsnip and butternut squash - the amount of bloody sweet potatoes I bought and kept forgetting about was ridiculous though - and yeesh do they go evil when left to their own devices for a few weeks! Not like regular spuds at all! Ahhhh the fun of the nappies from here-on in... I think it was papaya we tried that was the winner for funkiest smell Razz xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:25 am

^ yeah hipp organic is the most pleasant we thought, but bit pricey - worth getting a couple of cartons of the ready made (the only other brand that does it i think) just to try then you dont have heaps leftover if it goes wrong!

omg nappies are a whole new story now Laughing back to liners this week! mango is a major nappy disaster Laughing and carrots are a f*cking nightmare to puree so i didnt bother - i just got an organix jar with carrot so he could try - spat it out anyway Laughing

oh no hijacked your thread.....get a different kind of milk! Smile (or even better, join some clubs online and get some free samples!)
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:47 am

argh! Laughing
i don't want your smelly aptimil then Razz

i found carrots easy enough to mash up, but not as easy as the sweet potato which Arwyn will be living on cos i love it Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 pm

we've had cow and gate success!! Very Happy
she's taken every bottle so far and we've started giving her purees too. still get up in the night but it's getting longer in between Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:45 am

lucky you, elijah has been up every 2 hours for 2 weeks now! im going mental! Very Happy glad you got the milk sorted though hooray! formula.... - Page 2 635468
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 am

she's usually every two hours but night before i got 3-3 and half hours and last night got 4 hours between feeds Smile
but she had a lot of formula yesterday cos we went to cinema and left her at OH's parents so maybe it was that?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 am

maybe it filled her tummy up a bit, i dont think i would even notice if elijah dropped a feed just now he seems to be feeding more not less! maybe hes growing Smile eli was between 4 and 6 hours then 3 or 4 hours per night so was getting a good nights sleep but this is terrible! god maybe im going to make a formula comeback Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:46 am

it's just good to know she's taking it so i can leave her with people and know i don't need to have breast milk pumped or defrosted! i've lots of things coming up that i need to be away from her for so it's a weight off my mind! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:51 am

oooh you social butterfly! Very Happy yeah it's nice knowing that you don't need to plan in advance and make sure you have time to express and stuff. im going to try out jo's electric pump tonight im a bit scared of it Laughing its really handy to have some milk for cereals and stuff because by the time im up, expressed, had a tidy etc elijah doesnt get his breakfast til gone 12 Smile
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 am

haha not really, i've got a work afternoon christmas lunch thing, a day in court in january Rolling Eyes and 2 days my boss wants me to work. i can save the stuff i have frozen for her food now.
good luck with the pumping! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:37 am

im waiting til john gets home in case it creates a vacuum and sucks me into a parallel universe Shocked
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:40 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
oooh you social butterfly! Very Happy yeah it's nice knowing that you don't need to plan in advance and make sure you have time to express and stuff. im going to try out jo's electric pump tonight im a bit scared of it Laughing its really handy to have some milk for cereals and stuff because by the time im up, expressed, had a tidy etc elijah doesnt get his breakfast til gone 12 Smile

Its not MY pump Mari!!!

Tis yours!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 9:52 am

aww but i like to think of it as 'ours' Wink hahaha i have been having fun with the pumpatron Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

formula.... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: formula....   formula.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

formula....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
formula.... - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words