Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

christmas nights out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 am

how have they been for all you girls?

we had ours last night and it was truly amazing! they booked us into a really fancy hotel with jacuzzis and kingsize beds in our rooms. the partners paid for everything. drinks were supposed to be on us obviously but this morning when we checked out we were informed that they also paid off all our bar tabs (which we were worried about because we were at the hotel bar until 5 this morning) I didnt spend a penny.

my boss also (probably a mistake) said he was really pleased with me and if he wasnt paying me enough he would sort it out Laughing going to remind him of that tomorrow morning!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 am

i had my work one on friday but i only had one drink cos i was on my own with Arwyn at night. my work paid half of the £20 cost for our meal (very unlike them) but it was fairly poor.
i have my Christmas meal with my friends on Christmas Eve and granny is babysitting drunken
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 am

Not getting one Crying or Very sad Havent been on one in 3 yrs. 2008 I was 8 wks pg and too sick to go, 2009 I was on Mat leave & the cheeky fecks didnt invite me and then this year im not working.

I dont really mind. Think id prefer a night out when its less busy and i aint so skint. Was meant to be going out last nite with cpl of friends but weather was so bad no taxi's were running plus my mum didnt want to babysit. I may get to go to a friends at NYE if im lucky or if not i'l plan a girly night for end of Jan. Havent been out since start of Oct so have totally missed the xmas tunes & festivities.

I used to be out every weekend pre Caitlin & now im happy enough having a cpl in the house and watching telly. In saying that now im thinking about it I wish I could have had an xmas boogie. I'l just get tipsy on xmas day and stick VH1 on and make a twat outta myself in living room Laughing

Your work sounds really good. Anywhere Iv worked before you had to pay for your own meal and literally all you got was maybe a btl of wine or 2 for the table and then maybe 1 drink of your choice paid - poop!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:05 am

Just remembered I paid £25 for my place to go on xmas dinnner in 2008 and they couldnt even refund me - even though a new girl took my place. Barstewards!!! My £££ prob just went into drinks kitty. So glad I left that place.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 am

Oh thats well good sounds like u had a good night xx

Oh's got his tonight a meal at wetherspoons and gaes of bowling in which was ment to be payed for and have said they now have to pay for everything other than 1 game of bowling lol x I dont work at the mo so party for me xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 am

Lucky you Steph, that's the sort of xmas do we all dream of! We don't have one in our department unless we organise and pay for it ourselves! All we get in an extra hour so that we can go out for lunch that we have to pay for! There is a charity black tie event which is being used as our works do but it's £35 a head and you have to buy drinks. Dave's department always get a xmas do and the department director pays the drinks tab. Suppose it's because there are over 300 people in my department and only about 35 in his!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:18 am

I didn't bother going to mine which was last Thursday. I am too tired with being up at nights with lily and the meal wasn't booked until 8.45, which means 10pm by the time they have dragged themselves away from the pub x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 am

Wow thats super generous of them Steph!

I've never bothered going to any of mine
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:44 am

We had a decent one, a 1920's themed evening, dinner and a free bar, with hotel accommodation for the night, I didn't spend anything either. But I did find that since I had Chloe I'm really boring! Found it hard to talk about anything other than her. I've turned into a baby bore Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:51 am

Lucky you Steph, sounds like you had a really good night out.

I don't work so can't go to a work one but all my girl friends have organised a meal, cocktails and clubbing for tomorrow night. I don't really know what to do tho as I can't drink but don't want to tell them i'm pregnant, i'd have to get a babysitter as well so it's all a bit complicated.xx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 am

aw no michelle. its a tough one because the antibiotic story is never believed is it?

mandy im sure thats not true. it can be hard though. you start feeling in your comfort zone talking to other parents eh?
x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 am

Im not at work at the mo so no xmas night out for me Sad Oh is going on his tomm night. Hopefully will be having night out with friends after xmas tho x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 am

stephandhannah wrote:
aw no michelle. its a tough one because the antibiotic story is never believed is it?

mandy im sure thats not true. it can be hard though. you start feeling in your comfort zone talking to other parents eh?
x

No, no one will believe that I don't think especially as back in the day i was the drunken fool that would drink no matter what meds I was on Laughing Embarassed

I might just go for the meal and say after that I can't stay cause i gota get back for babysitter.

Mandy, i'm a total baby bore too!
x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 am

mine was last night but i didnt go, its the same thing every year a meal at the local rep then to see a show at the rep but its rubbish and we have done same thing for last 5 years (well i didnt get invited last yr whilst on mat leave)
we are lucky in that the doctors pay for everything though the meal, wine for the table then all the drinks the rest of the night if we go to the bar!!

the manager is retiring early nxt year so hopefully we will do somthing more fun nxt year as its her that chooses the rep every year

i have had my girlie one tho that we go on every year that was ok not as good as normal cos snow was bad and a couple of my mates had had a wee fall out and were bitching
and i had my bootcamp one last week that was fab night, there was 17 of us the guy that runs the company paid a percetage of the overall bill so it was less for all us to pay then he kept payin for like every 3rd round or sumit, nice of him as he really didnt have to wasnt like he employs us or anything lol we jst go to his fitness class - turned out a brilliant night
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

christmas nights out?  _
PostSubject: Re: christmas nights out?    christmas nights out?  Empty

Back to top Go down

christmas nights out?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
christmas nights out?  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
christmas nights out?  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
christmas nights out?  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
christmas nights out?  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
christmas nights out?  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
christmas nights out?  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
christmas nights out?  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
christmas nights out?  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
christmas nights out?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
christmas nights out?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
christmas nights out?  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
christmas nights out?  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
christmas nights out?  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
christmas nights out?  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
christmas nights out?  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words