Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Serious sleep problems - Update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Serious sleep problems - Update! _
PostSubject: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Sad I posted about this a while ago, but things are still as bad as they were, to the point where i'm in tears every night because I cannot get him to sleep.

I've tried everything I can think of - controlled crying doesn't work for him, he cried for hours, even when i was beside his cot, patting him. If i wasn't holding him it wasn't good enough. He cried so much that he made himself throw up, so I really don't want to try that again (I know consistency is important, but surely not to the point where he's throwing up??)

Tried gradual withdrawal (from baby whisperer), didn't work at all. If i'm not holding him there's major screaming/head banging/chaos.

The only thing that was working was rocking him to sleep then gently sliding him into bed, however now I'm pregnant i have major backache and holding him for even 5 minutes puts me in so much pain. The other trick i had was lying down in bed with him on my tummy, waiting for him to fall asleep then rolling him into bed, but now i have my bump that's so difficult, and he always thrashes around in top of me, kneeing my in my bump, which is pretty painful.

I'm just at my wits end, I need sleep as I'm exhausted, I'm not getting any time for myself, or time with my husband, he won't settle for my husband at all... if you have any ideas you think might help, please please help! I'm too young to lose my mind!! Embarassed

Last edited by Natkat on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 am

Aww im sorry your going through this! Taylas always been a brill sleeper but has gone through stages of being really bad and we once slipped into letting her sleep with us...big mistake!
I know CC is really hard, ive done it a few times myself to the point where she was holding her breath, making herself sick and getting really angry! But believe me it is so worth it in the end, it took 4 nights for us. I also found that going back in every 10-15mins made her worse so we would leave her, sounds awful but it was just winding her up even more when we went in.
I remember someone saying to me, they arent crying because they are in pain or anything they cry because they are angry at not getting their own way.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 am

I have to agree with Terri... I think you should give the CC another go... I know it must be really hard and traumatic for you but I think its quite common for toddlers to make themselves sick when they don't get their own way and you need to see it as part of a tantrum rather than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 am

Have you tried white noise? It has always worked for Izzy

Turn the radio on static noise and put the volume quite high, enough so you wouldn't be able to think! Then pop him in bed, stroke his head a while til he relaxes a bit and then leave him...hopefully he'll drop off
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 am

I got callum in a sleep routine similar to lisa he has always had sleep problems but hv told me to put the radio on in the background. But i let callum drink his milk cuddled with me then i put him in his cot he sleeps on his tummy so i have to stand at the cot rubbing his back till he goes off if i leave the room he gets upto play and were b to square one again so i dont mind leaning over obv it would be hard for you with bumpy x
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks everyone. I really don't want to do cc, mainly as he's not in his cot anymore, and can open the bedroom doors (they're sliding doors so not the kind you can put a baby gate on Rolling Eyes ) so i can't figure out how to do it without him escaping!

I'll definitely dig out our old radio and see if white noise helps.

Last night he finally went to sleep at 12:30am, after me battling to get him to sleep for 2 hours, then OH coming home and taking over (which made Milo scream his head off) for a couple of hours, then me again. I'm exhausted!

I just feel like such a sh*t mum as he's one and a half and won't go to sleep by himself, I keep thinking I must have done everything wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 am

can you get one of these
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Play-Pen-Room-Divider/dp/B002GV50I8/sr=1-2/qid=1294860169/ref=sr_1_2/278-8719766-8800900?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42869041&mcb=core

or something similar? you can screw it into the wall and the bits all move so you can make any shape.. you could put them inside his bedroom so that he can't get out Wink
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 am

Mummajade, that looks like it would be perfect! We rent though, and can't screw things into the walls - I wonder if that would be a problem.. I swear this house is resistant to baby proofing, it's such a pain in the bum Evil or Very Mad Hopefully not long until we're back in England and in a "proper " house though! Woop!

Well, we have had some success! Tried playing white noise/rain sounds/rainforest sounds for half an hour before bedtime, and while getting him to sleep, and it's been working really well! Thank you loads for the idea! He still needs rocking, but will fall asleep in 10 mins rather than 2 hours, which is great progress! He even fell asleep on my OH last night while I was out at work, that never usually happens! If I keep the white noise on while he's sleeping he's so much easier to settle when he wakes up in the night. He used to scream if i didn't pick him up, but now he seems happy for me to just lay him down and pat him for a minute until he's asleep again. I cannot stress how huge this progress is!! Thank you! blushlove blushlove

Next step is getting him to sleep without rocking, putting him into bed awake and letting him fall asleep by himself, so I may be on here losing my mind again soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 pm

thats' fab news hun Id maybe just wait till you get back to england then and see how he is Smile

one step at a time but all sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 am

That is great news! So glad its helped him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 am

Thats great hope it continues for you xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Serious sleep problems - Update!   Serious sleep problems - Update! Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious sleep problems - Update!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Serious sleep problems - Update! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words