Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

After C-Sections....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm

This prob sounds like a stupid question so excuse me....
So when u have a section, do they cut through all ur stomach muscles?
I remember a few weeks after i had Tayla i went swimming in our pool and it felt so strange like i had no power/muscle in my stomach and it was really hard to swim!
I havnt really done any exercise since having her (only the wii fit) but i tried to do sit ups yesterday and i could barley manage 10 Embarassed Laughing when i used to be able to do 50 fairly easy!
Is it just me being lazy as i havnt done them for so long or can i use the section as an excuse?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:19 pm

They do cut your stomach muscles yeah, have you had any feeling come back around your scar yet cos I haven't lol, as for the sit ups, I can do them, but when I first started I could only do ten lol, xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

My scar still hurts (when Taylas jumps on me or something) and the area is still quite numb. You know when a man gets kicked in the 'googlies' they grab them to protect them, thats why im like why my scar lol!
Glad its not just be thats was/is rubbish at sit ups then! I guess ill just have to start doing them every day and get my muscles back lol!
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeh you do get better at it lol, I'm on to 100 now, have to pause half way through though lol. I'm always protecting my scar, it still hurts when I sneeze sometimes, not sure if thats normal lol xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:51 pm

My stomach muscles are wrecked after my c section. I had a beautifully toned flat stomach with an almost visible 6 pack but now the bottom section is a mess. Crying or Very sad

There will always be scarring on the muscle so it can't be as strong as it was before your section.

It is best to rebuild the muscle gradually and take it easy to start with or it will hurt. My scar was reopened when Wil was 9 months old (11 months ago) to tidy it up and it still tingles occasionally and goes numb.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Gill i didnt know you had ur scar reopened pale I had nightmares for months after my section that i would have to go back in and have it reopened!
Thanks for the advise, i will try to rebuild the muscle gradually. Its just the feeling of not having the strength there is so strange. I probably should of tried strengthening the muscles sooner rather than nearly 2 years later Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Terri they stitched me up in such a hurry when I had Wil because I was losing so much blood that they didn't do a very neat job and I ended up with loads of scar tissue that was really hard and uncomfortable. I couldn't even wear normal clothes it was so uncomfortable. I had it reopened, the scar tissue removed, a bit of liposuction and now I have a nice neat scar and less fat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 pm

My stomach is a mess since my c section 10 years ago, I have the dreaded 'apron' (tummy hangs over the scar). I remember trying all sorts of exercises etc to try and sort it but when I went to the doctor an asked when it would 'lift' she told me it wouldnt it dawned on me that I was stuck with it. I still have body issues because of it all these years later.
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 pm

i have had one... it gets itchy now and then i have a neat scar but they could of pulled it tighter the sticth me up i have a flabby bit hangin or is it cause i am a fatty bum now!!!

it took me a while to walk after my c section think about it now owwwwiiiiiieeeeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 am

carrieann&JJ wrote:
i have had one... it gets itchy now and then i have a neat scar but they could of pulled it tighter the sticth me up i have a flabby bit hangin or is it cause i am a fatty bum now!!!

it took me a while to walk after my c section think about it now owwwwiiiiiieeeeee!!!

I have the dreaded flabby bit too (see my post above) its an hazard of c sections for some unlucky ladies like ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 am

My mum is a tiny size 6-8 and 5 foot 5 so average height and she has the dreaded apron. She had to have a C-sec due to carrying twins. Her's isn't so bad (I don't think but she does) although it has affected her confidence too. I guess it doesn't matter how big or how tiny you are it stays (unless you have plastic surgery I guess) Sad xx
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:58 am

its horrible when i have all the children i want i might go and get it sorted as i want to be able to go on holiday in a bikini... even thou i have nasty strecth marks!! x
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 am

Mummy2aMiracle wrote:
My mum is a tiny size 6-8 and 5 foot 5 so average height and she has the dreaded apron. She had to have a C-sec due to carrying twins. Her's isn't so bad (I don't think but she does) although it has affected her confidence too. I guess it doesn't matter how big or how tiny you are it stays (unless you have plastic surgery I guess) Sad xx

Yeah I think a tummy tuck is the only way of ever getting rid of it completely. Ive been with o/h for over 3 years now and I still have issues about him seeing me in light because of my stomach. I will eventually get a tummy tuck after I have finished having children.
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 am

My stomach is odd.. the bottom of it, where my c-section scar is, has healed really well, don't know if there's any actual muscles there as cba to try situps! Laughing But it feels firm, and went flat after 10 months or so. The top of my tummy, however, is a freak show! My bump was huge and all to the front, and those top muscles just ripped. After giving birth I could (and still can actually) put my fingers into the gap in the middle where the muscles have ripped apart - so freaky! Puke And if i pull myself up from sitting/do a sit up type move, then the muscles stick out in a triangle! It looks like a mini mountain range going down from between my ribs to my belly button. Puke It never went flat, and the skin was really loose. Yummy!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:52 am

Im quite lucky i dont have the 'apron' i did have for a while but as i lost weight it went with it, ive been left with a sort of dip between my belly button and the scar eh?
My mum has had 3 s sections and her belly is awful bless her Sad
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 am

My belly is a mess after 2 sections...the apron after Isla was bearable, but after having Jess I can literally lift it up pale After C-Sections.... 981624

It also stayed like Jelly After C-Sections.... 517692
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 am

I've had 3 sections and can still wear a bikini. I do have a bit that sticks out a tiny bit over my scar (I say scar as I can only see one the others vanished years ago).
So what I'm saying is that it does heal and does get better. Smile
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 am

Ladies if you're worried about a little apron over hang then take a look at this and realise that all is well with the world as this person is not you! Laughing

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=55866
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:57 am

PMSL Lisa! Muffin Bottom!!
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 am

Hmmm Nice pic Lisa lol I used to work with a woman built like that, so weird xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

After C-Sections.... _
PostSubject: Re: After C-Sections....   After C-Sections.... Empty

Back to top Go down

After C-Sections....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
After C-Sections.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
After C-Sections.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
After C-Sections.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
After C-Sections.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
After C-Sections.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
After C-Sections.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
After C-Sections.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
After C-Sections.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
After C-Sections.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
After C-Sections.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
After C-Sections.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
After C-Sections.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
After C-Sections.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
After C-Sections.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
After C-Sections.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words