Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Cheese!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 am

Do all your LO's like it?

I cant get Caitlin to try it properly. Iv avoided it until this week due to her milk allergy, but now as she's eating butter, youghurt, pastry etc the next thing I wanted to 'test' was cheese. Iv offered her a babybel - which she put to her mouth and then handed back repulsed. Iv tried to test it sneakily by handing her the crust of pizza with a tiny bit of cheese but she chews round it, tonight we had nacho's and again let her try a few - she only ate the one's with tomato & put down the one's with any cheese on it.

Butter I can understand her taking to easily - tastes the same as soya butter, same with chocolate, milk free pastry, even youghurts she'd had soya one's before... cheese is a totally new taste/texture for her.
Im worried that 1yr into weaning its going to be hard to get her to eat it. Seems a shame as it such a good source of calcium (im not trying cows milk again until she 2).

Does anyone else's LO dislike cheese?
Any tips on how to get her to try it properly? I suppose I could melt it into pasta/mash but id prefer her to be able to eat it as a snack/sanwhich etc.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am

Nope
Isabelle aka The Cheese is like frikin Wallace (& Grommit) she absolutly loves cheese...any cheese....even hot mexicana
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Tay loves cheese, why not try it grated or cheese on toast or cheesy pasta? Or add it to scrambled egg?
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 pm

H loves cheese as well. I would try it in other things like pasta, cheese sauce etc x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Tyler loves cheese too... we give it to him grated or jsut thinly sliced with fruit sometimes. or grated on things, in a sandwich, on pasta, erm... but babybell he isn't that keen on its a different texture to just a block of cheddar cheese. Tyler prefers mature cheddar too.
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 pm

I introduced cheese in cheese sauce. Also if the cheese is grated it may help her to get used to the texture without over facing herself with a big block. How about some Philly on toast or in a sandwich with ham? x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 am

i think try some different cheeses too, babybel, lol i mean edam, and mozerella are very plastic like cheeses, my kids wont eat anything that has a plastic texture but they eat cheddars, red leicester, wensleydale etc i guess some cheddar is like plastic too but i guess you can judge on whichever you biuy!

x
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am

Or you could try a cheesy triangle? they are nice and soft and not too strong to start on, like dairylea or laughing cow (we prefer laughing cow).

Sophia at first would not touch cooked cheeses unless in a sauce or scramble. The first cheese she tried was a samll chunk of strong cheddar and she enjoyed sucking on it (though she was only five or six months old) It does tasts quite different cooked and its quite a slimy texture i guess.

Mandy x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 am

Another cheese lover here too - I slice it from the block into thinish pieces about 2-3 inch x 1 inch and it's soon gone. Found double gloucester best (nice and creamy, whereas the cheddar we've tried - even mild - tasted a bit salty?) xx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 am

Andrew also had a milk intolerence so he didnt have cheese until well over a year....

I tried it grated first which went down well, even if she just plays with it at first its ok as they get used to the texture by feeling it. After that i tried him with cheese triangles and them dunkers things, he didnt think much of them and they are very messy!!!

Now i just cut it into cubes or even better sticks i do them a bit bigger and thicker than match sticks but its a novelty factor when they are in sticks Very Happy

A&S are like a little Wallace and Gromit!! Neither eat it melted or in a cheese sauce though nor do they like babybel or the hard dairylea triangles!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:26 am

Thanx everyone! Bought cheese strings tonight but already regret it as what you's say about grating normal cheese's sounds great & cheaper!

Wriggler its great to hear that Andrew took to cheese after avoiding milk products. Does he drink cows milk now? We tried Caitlin at 14 mths but she came out in a bad rash after less than 1oz so waiting again until her 2nd bday. I dont mind so much as she eating yougurts and still takes nutramigen 2 with cereal etc.

Looks like I just need to keep trying. I know their tastes change so much - Caitlin hated banana as a baby, even flavoured porridge she spat out but now happily munches on them. I'l just try different strengths/textures until I find one she likes I guess.

My favourite is smoked applewood.... may be a bit strong for her though!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Callum loved cheese when he was around 9months little cubes but now wont hardly eat it were gonna keep trying xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Wil eats pretty much anything (he draws the line at lettuce).

just try different cheeses in different forms and let Caitlin decide.

Phili sounds like a good plan. Wil loves that and will eat it out of the tub given the slightest opportunity.

(Scarily he can now say 'cheese' - although this is camera rather than food related)
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:17 am

Snoopy, Andrew still cant tolerate cows milk as a drink. If he gets hold of Sophie's bottle he gets some and he will take it down then starts gagging and throws up. He also cant tolerate soft ice cream (strangely can the cartdeor expensive stuff lol) he can have fromage frais too. Its strange what he can and cant take in.

Ive decided to start weaning him off his nutramigen soon again too next month, i was told to try every 6 months, this time im going to try what the hv suggested. I'm going to use semi skimmed milk not full fat (this is fine after 2!) apparantly its easier on their stomach as not as fatty and im going to gradually mix it into his formula so say 7oz formula with 1 oz added cows milk and see how we go with that! It is so difficult introducing cows milk back into the diet after nutramigen as its completely different !! If he still doesnt tolerate cows milk im going to put him on soya milk as apparantly this is fine as a drink after 2.5 years!

Oddly enough mine hated banana when weaning and Sophie has one a day now! Andrew has one now and again but better than not at all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 am

Wriggler that sounds like a great idea bout mixing cows and formula together. I might try that closer to the summer Very Happy .

There already is a soya milk for 1+. My local tesco dont do it though, I keep meaning to check sainsburys/dif tesco for it. Dieticain recommended it

http://www.alprosoya.co.uk/soya-products/juniormilk.html?no_cache=1

She is eating pizza now so I know she can take cheese. Tried cheese strings and dont think she liked the rubbery texture. Keep forgeting to pick up dunkers or regular cheese (I think I almost forget that she can eat new things now, I got a bit stuck in my 'safe soya routine!' lol. It was never being sick I worried about - when Caitlin was 8 wks she came out in horrible rash went blue around mouth and had to go in ambulance (Id been BF and that was after aptimil). Caitlin always has to run around in a nappy when trying new foods so I can 'assess' her lol.

She has been having quite loose nappys recently which I put down to too much fruit, but now I think about it maybe the increase in dairy is causing it! Hmmm scratch . `
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Cheese! _
PostSubject: Re: Cheese!   Cheese! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheese!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Cheese! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Cheese! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Cheese! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Cheese! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Cheese! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Cheese! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Cheese! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Cheese! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Cheese! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Cheese! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Cheese! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Cheese! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Cheese! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Cheese! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Cheese! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words