Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Grandparents & overnight stays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Sorry Laura to pick up from your post, you just got me thinking!

How often do everyones LO's stay overnight at you mums & at MILs? What age did this start at? Did it take longer before MIL would take them?

My mum takes Caitlin on average every 6-8 weeks (if im going out so it may be twice one month and then not at all for 3 months), this has been since she was about 4/5months old. Mum does enjoy having her but always hands her back saying she is tired (Caitlin frequently wakes in night & my silly mum lets her get up for a cuddle, changes bum, gets water... spoils her imo lol!) My mum takes her after tea and likes her collected after lunch.

MIL has never had her overnight. Infact because she doesnt drive she has never looked after her in the evening. To be fair on MIL I do think she wanted to have her overnight stupidly young but I wasnt comfortable, then we had a row when Caitlin was 3 months old and its always been a bit awkward since. I know she still would but she prob feels a bit hurt that I didnt trust her in the early days so Im worried she would refuse, plus Caitlin is a moo that still wakes a few times in night so it is asking for her to have a sleepless night.

I am starting to think it would be nice to have a 2nd babysitting option as if my mum is busy I cant go out as Stuart cant look after her. I think iv cut my nose off to spite my face though & just as im realising this MIL is getting a social life and Caitlin maybe harder to settle there as she's never stayed before.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 am

i dont think anyone's a bad mum at all...some are just a little more emotionally unstable(ie me) Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 867241 so couldnt cope with letting them stop out younger

oliver is stopping out for the 3rd time tonight Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 734932 x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:43 am

amyLVZalfiebear wrote:
SemoandHaribo wrote:
Bad mum alert!! - I let Harry stay with my mum over night at 8 weeks old, sent him packing with 6 expressed bottles lol, and she has him every friday night as i work late then early the next day; MIL has never had him over night and to be honest I wouldn't want her too as her current partner is an arsehole lol xx

semo i dont think ure a baby mummy at all/in that case i must be too! we had no choice for alfie to stay out at 4 weeks old as it was the night that gavs mam died and we went to the hospital to see her. ever since then it has been a week,ly ritual and i dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. in face i wud do it again with my next baby.

alfie is extremely well loved and i8 trust my family with my life.

x

Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 915671
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:14 am

I dont think anyones a bad mum either Very Happy . I wish id done it sooner, and think I would with a 2nd.... but then getting someone to take 2 will be trickier.

I just put the idea out there to SIL about her & MIL taking Caitlin overnight (she was on FB moaning about being in all the time bored/wanting a few hangover free/exciting weekends). I said that Caitlin would give her a run for her money and keep her entertained all night Laughing

I think she prob will ask for her in the next few weeks now iv told her id be ok with it, but im like michelle... I reckon that if she wont settle after an hr in mid of night they will either bring her back or sit up playing with her until 8am when they bring her back. Id love it to go well though!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 am

i never let mine stay out over night until a few months ago.. its that bad that ashleigh is 11 aand all her freinds stayed here lol.. only when she went to senoir school and had to go by herself has she stayed our regularly at freinds xx amelie is nearly 2 and jamie just 4 and they just starting staying out .. it wont be regular though x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:33 am

Tyler stayed at my mums when he was 3 weeks old so I could have a night out and lie in the next day Very Happy

Then he must have been there about twice but me and OH stayed over too... and then another 3 nights where we've left him.

We always settle him to sleep though and leave once he's fully asleep.

If your worried about Caitlin not settling could you not be there to see her off to sleep? recently when Tyler stayed at my mums he was very unsettled took me ages to get him to sleep but thw two times since thenhe's been fine and last night he went straight to sleep and wasn't upset or confused when he woke.

We're hoping to make it at least a monthly thing now as me and Oh remembered just how nice it was to be us for once and not parents Smile

but my mum did say she was knackered.. Tyler had her up 3 times (had lost his dummy somewhere) and was awake at 6.30 (although thats a huge improvement on the time he's been waking this week!!)
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:40 am

Mine have never stayed anywhere without us but I would like them 2 lol but havin both would be hard work x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:36 am

Jade wrote:
If your worried about Caitlin not settling could you not be there to see her off to sleep? recently when Tyler stayed at my mums he was very unsettled took me ages to get him to sleep but thw two times since thenhe's been fine and last night he went straight to sleep and wasn't upset or confused when he woke.

but my mum did say she was knackered.. Tyler had her up 3 times (had lost his dummy somewhere) and was awake at 6.30 (although thats a huge improvement on the time he's been waking this week!!)

Caitlin is generally fine going to sleep, well at mums she might stay up to 9/930pm instead of 8/830pm. Its the waking up frequently. She does it at home most nights but because she in own room just talks to herself. At my mums she sleeps in travel cot in her room and can see her so wants to play. Id prob need to ask MIL to put her in spare room, though doubt she would, infact dont think there room for travel cot in there. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Grandparents & overnight stays   Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grandparents & overnight stays

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Grandparents & overnight stays - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words