Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

baby book anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:15 am

Hm Gina Ford seems to be flavour of the month and I'm not sure I really like her style (or, maybe I haven't really looked into it that much, but there seems to be lots of routine and structure), now I know this is probably all good advice, but can someone recommend a more baby-led baby book???
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:23 am

I know it's not much help, but i read a few books (can't remember the names!) but i found that just letting Alfie take the lead worked a million times better!
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:31 am

i read one called 'the baby whisperer' but as Lisa said i just find it easier to respond to ava. Then again i'm a bit go with the flow person, not really into routines as such, apart from bedtimes. x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 am

No, I'm not into routines and stuff either but Eli is just over 3 months now and still not going to bed until 1-2am haha plus a few other things that could do with being ummm tweaked Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:58 am

I read 2 - Gina Ford and the Baby Whisperer. I liked the idea of Gina ford but when it actually came to trying to put it into force there was no chance! alfie doesnt sleep for any length of time which straight away ruins the routine!

The baby whisperer i found useful. I follow the EASY routine. Eat > Activity >Sleep > You

The way it works is a baby works on a 90 minute sleep cycle. After you have fed ure baby, play with them and keep them awake and alert as u can. After 90 mins they chud be showing signs of sleepyness. This is when u shud put them down to sleep and then thats where the YOU part comes in.

I find it really does work, as after youve played with them for the 90 mins theyre knackered and ready for a sleep. I now know alfies nap times based on this cycle. Hes up and fed at 9, nap about 11 for about 45 mins then i play until his bottle at 12.30, nap at 3 blah blah.

Give it a try!

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 am

Ahh I vaguely remember you mentioning that before Amy, now that Eli is a bit older I think it might suit him better - I keep thinking ahh tomorrow will be the day that I get up early and everything goes according to plan, pah! Haha, I will keep trying though, the easy plan does seem to sort of fit with how Elijah is anyway at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:14 am

I'm a huge Tracy Hogg (Baby Whisperer) fan. I used to watched her on tv and thought her way of thinking was fab Smile

She has done many books - http://www.amazon.co.uk/baby-whisperer/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ababy+whisperer&page=1

And there is also a baby whisperer site/forum too.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:06 am

might just go for the sleep one - they are about £2.50 on play Very Happy thanks ladies!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 pm

I have to admit im a Gina fan. I dont follow it strictly but my boys are in bed by 7pm and get up at 7am. I only start getting them into a routine around 3months as before that they are too young (apart from bedtime routine which i have done since early on) x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:29 pm

I got the gina ford book too and when I read it I thought baby book anyone? Kopfschuettel no way am I doing this to my baby. But I loosely followed her advice (I had in my mind how she said my day should be) and in the end Tyler ended slipping into that routine himsef. Like Amandas boys my Tyler is in bed by 7 (normally a bit earlier) but sleeps 12 hours straight through. If it wasn't for that Gina ford book he definately wouldn't be in the fab routine that he is now (he also naps for 3 hours in the day which is great!)
so whilst most of her idea's I hated, if you always have it in theb ack of your mind (i.e oh he's been awake for 90 or 120 mins etc he should sleep now) then you'll one day realise your in a perefct routine lol.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 am

Eli has decided to stay up for 6 hours sleep for 2 stay up for 6 sleep for 2, no good Laughing I have ordered the tracy hogg one about sleep as thats really the problem area Smile
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 pm

I've read both the Gina Ford and baby whisperer books and have taken bits of advice from both and used them to help Stephen get into his own routine. It definitely helped to get him in a good bedtime routine though. He now has his bottle, bath then a cuddle and a story in his room, then goes in the cot with his light show on and gets himself to sleep for 7 and he'll sleep till 6.30/7ish. I found Gina Ford helped me to know how much sleep he needed during the day at different stages too xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

baby book anyone? _
PostSubject: Re: baby book anyone?   baby book anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

baby book anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
baby book anyone? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
baby book anyone? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
baby book anyone? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
baby book anyone? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
baby book anyone? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
baby book anyone? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
baby book anyone? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
baby book anyone? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
baby book anyone? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
baby book anyone? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
baby book anyone? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
baby book anyone? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
baby book anyone? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
baby book anyone? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
baby book anyone? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words