Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

I could slap some mothers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

I could slap some mothers! _
PostSubject: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:25 am

Dan took Izzy to the park today and put her on the swings, and Izzy didnt like the sun being in her eyes

She has big blue eyes like me and Ive always been light sensitive, have to wear a hat or glasses in the sun or can't open my eyes!

So Dan sees this and says 'is the sun in your eyes?' and turns her round in the swing seat.

Then some mum with a kid on the next swing laughs at him in a really patronising way. Shocked

I tell ya if I was him she'd have had a gob full, what is wrong with people these days that you can't make a simple decision regarding your OWN children when you know best?!

I said well you did the right thing cos she would have got upset if you left her!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:48 am

Why would you laugh at him for that, thats so stupid. C wears sunglasses every where she goes summer and winter cos she doesnt like bright light and we encourage it cos we think protecting your eyes is as important as suncream for skin so i cant comprehend why on earth you would mock someone for that. Silly bint
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 am

What would she do let her child squint/cry the whole time?! scratch

I feel quite self concious in parks/soft play things lately. To be fair I did cock up at the park last week. Caitlin & her 6 yr old friend were playing, I sat down for 2 min & Caitlin climbed into a car/climbing frame and then swiftly fell out the back of it screaming. Some other mother had to pick her up and my face was burning as I ran over and other parents stared. (Perhaps this was in my head/paranoia as I felt guilty id taken my eye off her). If anyone had laughed or said anything id have cried.

I try so hard not to judge other mothers cos everyone does things their own ways and for their own reasons - though I admit sometimes to looking at kids and thinking they should have a coat etc (but then im the mother who's child came home from tesco in a plastic bag one night Laughing )

Today I nearly did say something/was close to telling another child off - was at farm holding baby chicks & a 4 yr old boy came over and asked if he could see the chick Caitlin was petting. I said yes and he just grabbed it out of basket. He was squeezing it half to death & being rough. I tried to talk to him gently and asked did he want to sit down (thinking in my head were the heck is your parent!) and then 2 min later a stressed mum appeared with another boy of about 5 and I thought - ah, poor woman has her hands full. The dad appeared a min later and took him outside because he couldnt be gentle.

We all may think things but most of us manage to bite our tongues or pause for a second and engage are brains that parents do things differently and may have a bloody good reason too. I dont understanding laughing over eye damage though! Stupid! x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 am

what the hell, strange woman...if anything id have thought 'ohhh a man with common sense, not oftern you see that Laughing x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:04 am

stupid women !!!!

no need at all
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:11 am

gemzandboys wrote:
what the hell, strange woman...if anything id have thought 'ohhh a man with common sense, not oftern you see that Laughing x

No exactly, doesnt go hand in hand with Dan usually!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:11 am

Whoops just realised how long my post was ! Needed to get a few parental guilts off my chest clearly! Sorry! x Laughing
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:14 am

lol, dont worry snoops i did something similar in the school playground, i answered my phone, then realised another parent was taking oliver away from infront of the door as the teacher was trying to open it Embarassed felt like a right div!! x
Back to top Go down
Tarn

Tarn

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 am

A similar thing happened to my hubby when he was at Sainsbury with our son. He was at the checkout sorting the food out and I had gone off quickly to get something else. This lady gave him 'the look' because of so and so and I tell you, she's lucky I wasn't there.

People should just mind there own business. Simple.

Tania. x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 am

I seriously don't understand some people! What did she expect him to do? Tell her to man up or something? Grrrrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 am

I just dont get why you would laugh at someone for that.
what a complete fool!

oh snoops all kids fall. if someone elses kid fell and you helped them up you wouldnt think bad of the parent for turning their back for a minute would you? its defo paranoia! Laughing

xxx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 am

some people are just total morons.
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:34 am

Mario, you're right - there eyes do need protection.. cant think where I was but they were saying there is an increased number of children wearing glasses because parents haven't used sunglasses and sun hats...

I hate parks, soft play, toddler groups, well anywhere where there may be other women and kids Suspect you have to watch 'em poke
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 am

I always make her wear a hat outside too - and she likes wearing her glasses now luckily - but it wasnt bright when he went so forgot the hat
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:39 am

Grrr things like this really get on my nerves. I never understand why people feel that they have a right to make comments to people they dont even know about things they are doing with their children Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 am

I'm the sort of parent people give strange looks because I do things in my own way and have a total disregard for what is expected of me.

I don't give a shit what people think because I am doing what is right for my son and it shows in everything he does and says. I have an incredibly happy child partly because he is not limited by other people's prejudice and expectation.

If I was in Dan's situation I would have pitied the poor cow that she was so ignorant of another person's (Izzy) wellbeing and feelings. Whether you are 2 or 32 the sun in your eyes is unpleasant and potentially damaging.
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

How sweet of your OH to do that, stupid woman!
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Stupid woman!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 am

Why wouls she laugh for that stupid women!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I could slap some mothers!   I could slap some mothers! Empty

Back to top Go down

I could slap some mothers!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
I could slap some mothers! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words