Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

right ladies..need some help/advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

right ladies..need some help/advice... _
PostSubject: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 am

hey girls.
dont know if you knew about my problems with a previous bank account i had?? ihad a lloyds account 5+ years ago that had a £50 O/D and i spent £32 of this on there. I then lost a job and couldnt afford to pay the O/D off so got charged and couldnt afford topay that...so it all spiralled outta control!!
anyway, i got a job, and paid it al off to zero. By this time the charges had gone up to about £300!! I then got a phonecall off them stating that they were going to add on £250 worth of charges!! My temp job was ending so yet again, it all spiralled outta control!!! I got my own home and didn't tell them as i was so peed off!!! I then got letters and stuff and phoned them numerous times to tell them i couldn't pay it off! They kept adding charges on ad i kpt paying bits here and there...eventually wemoved again and i didnt tell them.
That was the last i'd heard from them...until a few weeks back!!
i received a letter stating that i owed them £785!!! Surprised Surprised Sad
I went to see CAB and they tol me to send away for an experian report...which came today.
I'm at my mums, so asked OH to open it, he says it doesnt say ANYTHING about lloyds at all!! Is that good news??
There's all my other charges...like little late payment charges from barclays (current bank) and 3(my old phone) and the sofa (scs contract- dont use them!! SHIT! lol)
i'm just wondering what i should do next?? go see CAB? call the debt people up? confused.com lol
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:19 am

I would go back to CAB and take advice from them. Could it be that that bank doesn't report to Experian and uses equifax instead? Is the bank account registered to the same address as the other lenders on your file? If you have multiple address for your lenders you'll possibly need a search at all the different addresses. I usually find that my customer that call to say their credit card is not reporting haven't updated their address with us. Most lenders do update to Experian and every 30 days is the norm x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:21 am

ah right. i gave all previous addresses on the form though...would that make any difference?...
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 am

Unless the bank have formatted it strangely I would have a look at any recent communication from them give the address exactly as it appears on the statment and see if that brings it up x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 am

didnt have statements - i had online banking and paperless too...and when i left the bank i cut up the card so wouldnt have a clue what to do...they surely wouldnt just NOT class it as debt surely??
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 am

It doesn't mean anything that it isnt on there.

Dan has the experian report and checks it every month (working for himself its important!) and there are quite a few things not on there, that he is on the electoral roll (he has been for 6 years at least cos I put him on it!), his most recent bank account (which isn't exactly new) and a loan he had a few years back.

He called them and they said they were on their system but didnt know why he couldnt see them on the report and that it would get updates...months later its still not there.

All his details are correct,updated etc but still info is missing, so you aren't off the hook just cos its not on that report.

As for the debt - well if they can show how the charges are amde you don't really have much to say - they will say you didnt inform them of change of address and therefore you weren't aware of charges, even though they probably did send letters, and it doesnt look good that you kinda 'ran away ' from the debt.

I have debts that I have been paying since chucking husband out and they are very fair with me, dont charge interest/charges and allow me to pay what i can afford - because I am willing to pay. The minute you bury your head is when they get arsey and stick the charges on.
Youve probably had £35/month overdraft fee etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 am

Yeah, your best bet would be to give the bank a call and try and get them to freeze the account and the charges, and try and pay them off a fiver a month or something!
What about moneysavingexpert.com, he has advise about getting your bank charges back
Sorry i cant be more help hun
XxxX
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:50 am

VickieAndSophie wrote:
Yeah, your best bet would be to give the bank a call and try and get them to freeze the account and the charges, and try and pay them off a fiver a month or something!
What about moneysavingexpert.com, he has advise about getting your bank charges back
Sorry i cant be more help hun
XxxX

you cant get bank charges back now as the court rules in favour of the banks!

I got quite a lot back before the ruling, by accepting a partial refund, but the ones who never got back to me before the court case I never got a penny.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:55 am

hm! i didn't know that lisa i got charges back last month Smile
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 am

lisa, the reason why i "ran" away was because i kinda felt like they were being complete arseholes and making me pay more money just for the hell of it!! I was young an going through a lot of crap at the time (mum and dad split up) so i was care-free and acting the rebel! Sad i paid off as much as i could, over and over again and i still don't see why i should have to pay that much money for a £50 O/D which i'd paid charges for over and over again!!!! Sad it makes me so mad its unreal! im a mum on benefits and just afford to pay for food/rent each month. Don't see how/why i should have to pay it. It's so unfair!! Sad
And the fact you can't get bank charges back now...SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 am

You can still fight your fee's hun, you'll find that it costs the banks much more to take you to court than it does for them to refund you so be strong and fight your corner. You need to get on to them. After all if you get nowhere with then you're still in the same position you're in right now so nothing to loose. Lisa is right just because the debt doesn't show on the credit report doesn't mean that you don't have to pay it off, it's just a good thing as if you can't see it chances are that other lenders will be unable to see it too. Hence a good thing if you're going to try and get credit in the future. You have to approach them though x
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:20 am

I can understand you feel you souldn't have to pay it, but if you'd made an arrangement with them in the first place, rather than move away and not advise you'd be clear now!
You may be a mum on benefits, but they will ask you to pay it back. All you can do is explain your current situation and arrange an affordable amount. Even if thats £5. - your trying then.

My ex hubby and I took out a £15,000 loan. He left me with a mortgage and 2 children and a 16 hr a week job. The loan company were understanding of the situation, but at the end of the day want their money. Im still paying back 132. per month - he pays nothing! (he works full time!) but I live in the registered address and dont want bailiffs knocking on MY door so pay way more than I can afford (now with 3 kids and dont work) but they keep off my back. When I sell my house I will pay ex's half off with his equity.. Lets hope the house prices don't drop Sad
Go to CAB and ask them to help you sort it out with you hun.. Dont run away - they catch you when you really dont need it xx
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

i wasn't planning on running away, and some of you may think i have given not good enough excuses for "running away" in the past, but i honestly hadad enough of paying the charges off for the sake of £50 bleddy quid!! Sad god it makes me nuts!! lol
i wll go to CAB and show them the experian report. The contact the debt colection agency and see what they say.
I will fight my corner though...
emma- as for saying i should've just paid it off in the first place, i did keep paying it off, again and again. No matterhow much i paid off i kept getting charges...getting caught in a cycle of paying it off, then charges, then paying it off etc.
fingers crossed it gets sortedx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
hm! i didn't know that lisa i got charges back last month Smile

I mean old charges, like the over draft fees etc that were claimed to be illegal - but were ruled otherwise
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 am

louadambabybenjamin wrote:
i wasn't planning on running away, and some of you may think i have given not good enough excuses for "running away" in the past, but i honestly hadad enough of paying the charges off for the sake of £50 bleddy quid!! Sad god it makes me nuts!! lol
i wll go to CAB and show them the experian report. The contact the debt colection agency and see what they say.
I will fight my corner though...
emma- as for saying i should've just paid it off in the first place, i did keep paying it off, again and again. No matterhow much i paid off i kept getting charges...getting caught in a cycle of paying it off, then charges, then paying it off etc.
fingers crossed it gets sortedx

I know what its like, I got caught the same with a bank, vicious circle and they win win and we end up owing loads.

You could always offer them a figure to settle...no joke some take 1/3 of the debt as they know you will take forever to pay! I did that with some as I'd paid the actual amount and more that I borrow, and say for example still owed £800 I offered them £300 or something and they took it because they had been paid what I actually borrowed plus more, so they just wanted something!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: right ladies..need some help/advice...   right ladies..need some help/advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

right ladies..need some help/advice...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
right ladies..need some help/advice... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words