Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Giving your baby junk food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

Giving your baby junk food  _
PostSubject: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 am

Do you or don't you, (or will you or won't you) and why?
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:21 am

sometimes, say if we are having a meal out or something i will give oliver whatever im having, ie some chips and peas. he hasnt had a takeaway like maccyd's or anything yet but has had some pizza and pasta at pizzahut(along with salad). as long as its not a regular thing i dont see a problem with it, everything in moderation Giving your baby junk food  Icon_wink x
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 am

just to add, with my eldest he NEVER had junk food(poor bugger) he was never allowed a buscuit or anything(think i was maybe trying to prove myself as i was only young Giving your baby junk food  Icon_rolleyes ) its amazing how much more laid back i am this time, oliver has tried chocolate and everything Giving your baby junk food  Icon_lol x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 am

Im in between, i think having a bit does no harm along as its not all the time. Taylas has say, fish fingers, smileys and peas some times for dinnner, i dont class that as really bad. I could feed her a lot worse. She eats plenty or fruit and veg and loves it! She didnt have any jarred food as a baby. But some times i give her the little dish meals or tesco ones if we are home late. But usually i make every things myself.
Shes never had her own Mcds but i give her a couple of chips if we have it. She did enjoy a nice bit of choc cake yesterday for my mums bday tho!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:11 am

my kids eat as i di .. and that a mix of everything...if i have take away they have it .. if i eat sweets and crisps they have it.. but i also cook fresh food majority off time.. i have no set days or amount that they have we just go with the flow Smile
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:23 am

I dont have a problem giving my kids junk food. Not all the time of course but i dont believe it hurts once in a while. There is far too much emphasis put on what we eat these days and far too many judgemental people out there who think they know whats best for your kids,

Everything in moderation i say!!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 am

I agree with moderation. I let her have a happy meal today as ive been out - chicken nuggs and chips with no salt and a little milkshake. And for dinner - pasta in a vegetable sauce. In other words a little mixture
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 am

I am quite strict with H he only drinks water and milk, dont let him have chocolate etc Maybe I will be more relaxed with Lewis lol.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 am

yep hannah has junk food as a treat now and again.

x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 am

oh but can I add she never gets juice. when she was at the dentist she had tiny black spots on two of her back molars and the dentist suggested cut out juice and she hasnt had a drop since and the black spots have gone.

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:48 am

i give my lot a macdonalds or burger king occasionally and we often have pizza from dominos as a treat every other week.

simply cause.. why not??

they burn it all off running wild all day, they brush their teeth 2cd a day, they dont get fizzy drinks. what harm is it doing if they have a treat? within reason i have n problem with junk food
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 am

Sometimes, Izzy normally has 2 fresh meals a day - but sometimes there isn't anything or I don't have time so she has had before now a burger (which she loved, 100% beef), some chicken nuggets (100% breast meat), and Fishfingers ...oh and a Greggs Cornish pasty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 am

gracie has a mix but if she has bad (sausage etc) then she has to have veg with it and always fruit for pudding she never has bad puddings
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:15 am

I have always done Olivers meals from scratch, its only since he turned 16/18mth I have become a bit more relaxed with him. He does have burgers (but I useually make them myself) He loves sausages, like Suzie its given with veg or in a hotpot etc. He does have Turkey Nuggets and he loves pizza too. He doesn't eat chips, fries-potatoes at all.

He's never had a McD's etc, but thats cos I don't eat them..he has had a Greggs Sausage roll and he does have chocolate a few times a week. I give him 'sweets' (choc, biscuits etc) when he's been eating well. But like recently he's been turning his nose up at most evening meals so he's on a sweet ban atm. He gets fruit, wholegrain bars, or yogurts as a desert.

If I was in a situation where we had a takeaway etc, I wouldn't deny him any..as he'd just get very confused messages. I wouldn't go feeding him donner meat, but would let him have some of my curry and rice lol

Everything in moderation I say Giving your baby junk food  Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:30 am

My two have had junk food! But like most of you have said it's in moderation! Not everyday! They both have school meals and there school does really good meals! I have to disagree with the sausages being junk I think it depends on what ones you buy! I check all the ingredients on things like that to male sure they aren't full of rubbish! They eat really well and both will try new things! Aron won't eat chips so that makes life interesting sometimes! I did get told a while ago that as they are both over the 75th centile for weight that I need to watch what they eat but I told that person to go fly! They are both over the 75th centile for height too which means they are the right weight for their heights just cause they aren't dead on average means bugger all!

Xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am

Aimee hasnt really had much junk food, she doesnt actually like it and would rather have fruit.

I dont fry any sort of food at home and the worst 'junk food' that she would have at home would be chicken nuggets and smiley faces which are oven cooked. But she will always have something healthy with it, such as veg, salad or fruit.

She doesnt really have chocolate very often, perhaps once a month she may have a few buttons. Not because I am funny about it, but more because she makes such a blooming mess! Giving your baby junk food  Icon_biggrin

She has had a McDonalds a few times, which would be nuggets and fruit with a water.

x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:22 pm

I do let callum have lil treats like choc buttons a biscuit some wotsits i wouldnt say he has alot x
also he does like a chip or a nugget xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:48 am

i'm in between with this. I don't let her Imogen have chocolate, she's only had it a couple of times, big treat lol. and biscuits are a treat too. Things like mcdonalds, i probs wouldn't buy her one, but let her have a little bit of ours. She has had kfc with us but i've taken the skin off and just given her the chicken. Like others have said it's all in moderation really.
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:10 am

Ollie does have junk food sometimes, I don't see the point in depriving him of biscuits etc when he's just going to be given them elsewhere i.e. dear MIL's house
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 am

my 2 eat nothing but junk food, mcds practically everyday, sweets and choc and crisps everyday, there teeth are perfect and they are perfect weight! their not slobs and are very active. they also eat alot of fruit. until it starts showing signs of harm or damage to their health them we will allow it in moderation x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 am

Katie22Plus3 wrote:
my 2 eat nothing but junk food, mcds practically everyday, sweets and choc and crisps everyday, there teeth are perfect and they are perfect weight! their not slobs and are very active. they also eat alot of fruit. until it starts showing signs of harm or damage to their health them we will allow it in moderation x

lol Katie you kinda contradicted yourself there - maccds everyday / moderation

anyway I don't think maccdys is that bad anymore - it used to be classed as crap food but I'm pretty sure it depends what you get from there as to whether its good or not, I mean a chicken burger with salad and a bun...not much different to a chicken salad really!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am

I can be quite lazy when it comes to meal preparation for myself and for Caitlin. In saying that, while I dont cook from scratch daily I dont think what I feed her is THAT bad. Eg she does eat fish fingers, chicken nuggets regularly but they are 100% fillet. She does have sausages occassionally, mcdonalds 1-2 times a month... She also eats potato waffles/smiley faces 1-2 a week or 'mighty mash' (micro mash thats 100% potato & veg mix- no added salt or additives etc), healthy but expensive compared to cooking from scratch).

Im lucky that she loves her fruit & veg and usually has a piece of fruit after each meal, and will happily eat a bowl of veg with her dinner (usually this is mixed veg from freezer, or a tin of peas & carrots!). I still try, and I think thats what matters.

As for juice- Caitlin does mainly drink water but I admit to buying a 4 pk of sugar free fruits shoots each week and they do get drunk when we out and about, MIL also for some reason prefers giving her juice and I dont kick up a fuss to keep the peace. Chocolate, Caitlin gets a pkt of soya choc buttons 2-3 times a week, its becoming too much of a habit daddy coming home from work with a 'treat' for her.

All in all I dont think im doing too bad. She does eat junk but she also eats fruit/veg/water. Im not mother earth & il never claim to be, but I also dont feed her crap 24/7.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Id c i let c have mac-ds maybe once a month maybe twice. We do a lot of from scratch cooking but also have a night a week where we let her share a pizza with us. I do spend a fortune on snacks for her though cos shes not a fan of fresh fruit and im not keen on her eating stuff like wotsits etc so i spend extra to buy organix crisps or dried fruit or planet lunch pouches and snacks. Its not cheap but id rather if shes not gonna eat fresh fruit i give her something as low in sugar and crap as possible for snacks.

I also let her have fruitshoot water as its sugar free. Or sugar free juice. And if i buy potatoes or chips for her try to do like snoops and buy no added salt etc or the carrot and potato waffles from asda to tr and sneak in extra veg wherever i can

Its not perfect but am doing my best
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Alices eating is a nightmare at the mo, we eat very late so i dont cook from scratchfor her and then for us, we try to eat with her twice a week which woud be lasagne or pasta bake etc

she might have mcds 1x month then the rest of the time its waffles/ with somthing and veg, asda great stuff meals, and lots and lots of pasta with extra veg, she has 1 small bit of choc most days but she never has pudding unless she eats her dinner, in fact to be honest Alice's pudding is invariably fruit she loves the stuff! and has been off yogurts for a while.

thank goodness.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:29 am

Wil has everything in moderation. The only things he doesn't have are tea, coffee, coke and whole nuts.

Given the opportunity he would live on curry and chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving your baby junk food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Giving your baby junk food  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words