Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Giving your baby junk food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Do you or don't you, (or will you or won't you) and why?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:05 am

this one is hard...i am not a fan of junk food, i rarely eat it myself...lily-ann has NEVER had any kind of take out food, but that is because she can't eat it, she mainly has toddler/baby foods when we are out

lewis on the other hand refuses to eat baby foods or be fed, so when we are in shopping centres like meadowhall there are no healthy options so it has to be a junk meal....but he eats healthy any other time so i'm not too worried about it
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 am

alfie is still very young obv but hes at the stage where hes interested in everything i have to eat. he has a very healthy day to day diet with lots of fruit and veg and likes to snack on cherry tomatos, cucumber sticks,rice crackers etc. but if im out for dinner he may have some of my meal. e.g. i will cut up some sausage for him or give him some of my mashed tattie. he has had some of the burger from mcdonalds but prefers the salad inside. he had a few chocolates from inside his advent calender at xmas and he loved it (obviously) but he hasnt had any since the middle of december.

i agree with everything in moderation.
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:21 am

Flick has a healthy diet. She has veg or beans/spaghetti with every meal.
She snacks on raisins,satsumas, bananas or Organix crisps ( which I get from Home Bargains for 10p a packe or I would spend a fortune )
She hardly eats chocolate. She walked a long way to the shop today and had a little milky bar as a treat.
She had sauasge and chips for lunch but the sausages are always the better ones and everything we cook is done in the oven. Someone offered u s a deep fat fryer but we turned it down.
She eats mash and sometimes has waffles or them carrot ones that Mario was on about. When out and about I will sometimes buy her the Clear water drinks and she may have a bit of a pasty or some Macc D's or even KFC popcorn chicken.
I do my best and she is perfectly healthy.
She is always asking for bananas and trying to reach the fruit bowl Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 am

I really don't keep a count on what ellie has and how often.

I do try to cook from scratch for most of the week and like others have sai we often eat really late so ellie will have fish fingers and potatoe waffles or a pizza finger etc, I do always serve it with veg and she always has fruit with her meals.

As for junk food, I love maccys, so do occasionally indulge and yes ellie gets her very own happy meal as I don't share my big mac and fries with anyone!

I think we're good mums who are trying to do our best by our babies so I'm certainly not going to feel bad about the odd maccys or fish and chips!

xx
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 pm

my two have junk food now and again - they may have half a pack of wotsits/quavers etc with their dinner too most days, but they generally get plenty of fruit and veg and both are really good eaters.
the only thing that are big no no's for me are - tea coffee pop of any kind and generally jelly sweets, he's had them about twice but i absoloutly hate him having them. no way to things like lollipops too.

x
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 pm

i have no problem giving lilly a happy meal once in a while she prefers fruit though Suspect
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 am

Chloe eats what I eat, which is a mixture of everything, some days we'll eat healthily, other days I cant be bothered to cook and she'll have a bit of takeaway with us, she eats lots of fruit and veg, but eats things like chips, chocolate, and biscuits. I have a relaxed attitude to food, in that I don't deny myself anything, if I fancy something I have it, I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full up and as a result have never really had major issues with my weight or health and I want Chloe to be the same. I feel restricting certain things makes them want it more, particularly when they are at an age where they're around other kids who are allowed less healthy foods. x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 am

i dont see the point in not letting them have food, unless they allergic to it, they will only eat it when they older and perhaps binge on it, just think of alcohol in that factor.

rich now eats anything to be honest, but he had his first macdonalds at 6 months, i remember because it was just after mom died and he had chicken nuggets .

now he has an adult meal plu chicken nuggets...

but i think kids need to try everything,

i'm careful with sugar with him because of his hyperactivity, but even now he can drink fizzy drinks with no effect, because i've introduced them carefully.

he has chinese, indian takeaway, loves kfc and nandos.
but also loves fresh salmon, with prawns and jacket pots

for bubs he/she will have whatever they fancy, or whatever we having
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am

Amelia has never had a takeaway but that's because I rarely ever have them myself. Dave was the one for take away's. I'd just wait until Amelia was in bed if I were going to have one. I cook from scratch and freeze things for her so there's always something for her. She's had the odd oven chip or fish finger. She does get a little cake more frequently than she should do. We always have cake in the house and she loves it. But then 9 times out of 10 it's home made rather than anything with preservatives and colourings. She's only ever had water or milk to drink. She would eat her own body weight in fruit if I'd let her!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:26 pm

This is really interesting. My own diet has got a lot healthier so that Imogen can eat with us as she only tends to have a snacky little bit in the week having had loads at nursery already.

I work in a health clinic and see mums bringing young kids to drop in with a couple of greggs sausage rolls to keep them quiet while they wait. I don't really agree with this cos when I go to the doctors and expect a wait I take a cool bag with a drink of milk, a load of fruit and a couple of breadsticks (and half a dozen bibs, baby wipes, toys etc, I'm like a packhorse!)
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 am

I'm not against giving Tyler junk food and he does have chicken nuggets and fish fingers etc, pizza, things like that. But I don't really see that as junk... ok it's a bit salty but it's still got some goodness to it. i'd rather give him chicken nuggets than a bag of crisps.

Saying that he does have crisps (a small handful) some days as a snack but that's it.

everything in moderation! He would always choose fruit over "junk" anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Gracie has never had mcDonalds or Burger King purely because we dont have it if we have a takeaway pizza then she has pasta as she dosnt like pizza (strange chid) but if we have kebab she will have a chicken burger with fries and if we have chineese then she loves the seafood omlette.

so even on take outs she is quite healthy lol after reading all the posts i think the only bad thing she actually has is chips and as for fruit and yogurts well she just goes to the fridge and helps herself to it.

BUT she has a massive sweet tooth she loves her sweets, cake and crisps

the cakes are home made but on an odd occasion its shop bought, crisps are the less fat ones but on an odd occasion she has a pack of prawn cocktail spirals and sweets and chocolate she can have a little bit of one or the other every day.

she brushes her teeth 3 times a day morning, noon and night so i dont see a problem with it x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Giving your baby junk food    Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving your baby junk food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Giving your baby junk food  - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words