Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

September 2009 mummies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

September 2009 mummies - Page 5 _
PostSubject: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Last edited by BabyMilly on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello

Just a quicky to ask if any of you have started potty training.

We have a potty and sometimes leave her nappy less after her bath hoping she will use the potty but no luck so far.

I'm under pressure from my mil and mother to get her in knickers. My mil even said I was cruel to leave her in nappies so long. Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Nope not yet, I keep saying I will but as of yet we haven't. I think he's nearly ready as he's very aware when he's doing it so I will probably start soon!

Just ignore the mil!
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey excuse my possibly dodgy typing just eating breakfast!

Penny we haven't started properly yet she might ask for the potty and I will let her sit on it ... She can tell me as she is going in her nappy but not before so not quite there yet, though she can hold it as I ran out of nappies one day and she held it from home until sainsburys with nothing on Smile

That is rubbish they are putting so much pressure on you to potty train... The earliest that one of andreews friends were trained was the January, the next was feb and Andrew I think was march Smile from leaving it so long none of us had major problems ( andrew has a pooing issue but always has even when he was in nappies) we didn't go through weeks of them not knowing what they were doing and Andrew went from not having a clue to asking for the potty 100% of the time in 4 days Smile

Just wait if you don't think she is ready! If they want Ellie to wee in their floor at their house let them let her or send her in a pull up as a compromise? I have lots of left over pull ups from Andrew for when I start with sophie ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi girls,

We haven't started potty training either. Isla has done a few poops on the potty, but no luck with wee, she just wee's on the floor. Bloody older generation, their views/approach to potty training is so unbelievably different to ours. I agree with what Vic says about waiting, and then it is far less hassle. We trained Immy in the April after she was 2 in the November, and that seemed right for her, very few accidents, etc. I had thought Isla would be dry sooner because she wanted to be like Immy but that hasn't happened. It would be great to have her dry before we go to Oz in Feb but i can't see that happening.

We have finally finished Isla's new bedroom, it looks gorgeous. We haven't taken the sides off yet, but she now has a duvet and pillow instead of a grobag and she couldn't wait to go to bed last night, and slept for 12 hours. So obviously pleased with her new room and sleeping arrangements!

Off to bake some cookies with the girlies, yum yum!

Have a good day everyone x x x
Back to top Go down
bumper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Caleb whips off his own nappy and stands on a toilet stool ... he hasnt quite got the knack of holding Caleb junior so i have to help lol
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 am

Lol Rach!

Fran, I agree that the older generation have very different views in fact according to mum and dad I was day and night by 9 months Smile honestly that is what the say lol
Back to top Go down
bumper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm

I think its down to the child at the end of the day .. i was dry night and day by 18 months and only ever wet the bed once ... my sister was dry at day by 2 but wet the bed until she was 7 .. with all my older girls they were dry between 2-3 but not dry at night til 4-5 Aaliyha still wets the bed and she is 10 the doctors did tasts but say she is just a heavy sleeper we wake her twice a
night but she still manages to wet lol I wont bother putting a time on Caleb or Ava they will go when they go . the potty is there and i will teach them what its for but they will decide when the time is right .. my friend force fed her kids the potty and they now have such bad toilet habits day and night its such a shame as they are gorgeous kids . (sorry im very opininated atm) hormones messed up lol
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey guys!

How's everyone doing? All ready for Christmas? I'm really not Sad the only chance I'm going to get to shop is thursday and Friday because of work.
We had the three boys all weekend until Monday night, they are like whirlwinds when all together! I'm absolutely shattered!
Looking forward to two weeks of nothing!

Baby's good, I have my first mw appointment Friday. And Charlie is good too, altho he's going through a horrible phase of throwing things at my tommy, he hurts him all the time it drives me mad!

Must get up and sort my life out! Have a great day! Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 am

Hey all!

Kell, how's the job? Hope you're enjoying it Smile

Yes, I'm all set for Christmas, apart from paul's new phone hasn't arrived yet!! Fingers crossed it arrives today.

Had a lovely day today shopping with paul. My parents had Ellie so we went to the Trafford Centre and had a great day. He had lots of Christmas money so was splashing out, he has really good taste in clothes so we had no disagreements lol. He bought loads and for some reason I ended up carrying it all Smile

I'm meeting my daughter in Liverpool tomorrow to buy her a coat and some boots so then I'm all done.

How's everyone?
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Helloooooooooo!
Anyone out there? Smile
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:20 am

No we're all hiding!

How's things Pen?
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:03 am

Hello everyone!

Sorry i have been on Banda more as have my laptop back, but not been onto this post.

How are you feeling Kell? How's work, etc going?

Pen how's things with you? How's Charlotte?

All good here, enjoying getting things back to normal this week. Immy is happily settled back at nursery and Isla and i have been back to playgroups, etc.

I have a few sewing orders on the go so that is keeping me busy, plus need to get ourselves sorted for hols!!

Also went and had colonic on Wednesday night as part of my detox/healthy start for the New Year and the holiday. Not an unpleasant experience at all, but don't feel any better at all for it yet. Has made me focus on my eating habits though. I have not had chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, cake, crisps or bread since Sunday!! Hoping the benefits of this are going to kick in soon... we shall see!

What's everyone up to this weekend?

x x x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:40 am

Omg omg omg Fran - how can you survive without caffeine? (and cake)????? Lol

Did you notice our original thread has gone Sad Sad

I'm ok, Charlotte is Charlotte still with the boyfriend and still living with him, and still running from her debts. But hey it was nice that Wonga.com sent us a christmas card Smile I hate these companies (or should I say loan sharks) that are tempting kids into debt! On the plus side she has managed to get a decent job and has been promoted. It's at united utilities in the office that allocates jobs to the workmen. She's seems happy and we had a nice Christmas.

Ellie is great and can talk lol she can hold a full blown conversation and has a wicked sense of humour (she needs one living this house).

Hope you're all well

Xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:16 am

Oh no! I did think it was strange there was only 12 pages when i clicked onto it earlier, but didn't realise our old thread had gone.

I'm glad Charlotte is getting herself sorted out with regard to a job, hopefully the rest will follow... she is only young bless her.

Ellie sounds amazing. It's funny them having a sense of humour at this age, Isla is a teaser.

As for the lack of processed stuff and stimulants, i have amazed myself! I have done diets before, but never cut out all this kind of stuff, even for a mere 5 days... Steve is currently cooking us tuna steaks with stir fry veggies and rice noodles. That's our Friday night treat along with the Inbetweeners DVD. Already seen the movie twice, but in the mood for it!

x x x
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:16 am

Pen, just realised our old thread is still there, just a few below this one x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:58 am

Good for you fran when I was dieting properly I amazed myself Unfortunatly after our holiday I couldn't get back into it and then I got my bfp lol.

Pen glad things are good at home, ellie sounds so cute, Charlie is talking so much as well, he has conversations with us as well Unfortunatly he's also gained a bit of a strip with it when he doesn't get his way :S
Charlotte will learn the error of her ways hun, my sister racket up stupid debts it got rediculous and then it all caught up with her, now she's paying it of through the cccs who are really good!!

I'm good, still feeling quite nauseous quite often but just dealing with it, got my scan next Friday which I'm looking forward to!
Work is good, and college, the house is taking a back seat but I'm not fussed at all. Think I might got to bed now, I'm shattered!
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:44 am

Hey all!

Happy new year everyone!

Good to hear from you all, kept coming to look and no-one had posted so didnt post anything myself.

Fairly good here. Little man is happily kicking away and sitting with head under ribs quite often which is just great! LOL

Had a lovely christmas time, was so nice with Sophs as she actually really got it this year with the whole leaving a snack for snta thing and so happy when he briught her baby! Sadly she ahd a temp all xmas day and was drifting between hyper and asleep the hwole time but managed well considering. But then was very sick boxing day, with a worrying colour on a practically empty stonach so nhs direct advised us to go to a & E. Luckily all good though, just very very sleepy and grumpy. Was a bit sad as it meant we couldnt go to mum and dads as planned so missed brither and kids but glad sophs was all ok. Saw parents few days late instead. But soph's sleep has been all over the place. HAve had to stop the cuddles and kind of do prsion guard duty at the top of the stairs! LOL Is working though and going down in half hour or so as opposed to two hours so much better and also is now napping properly at nursery so all good.

Then Dave's step dad (the one staying with us seeminlgy indefinitely) on new year's eve had an accident on his push bike on the way back from work. A bloke pulled out on him at a crossroads without looking and he slid over the bonnet of the car landing on his shoulder. HE has 5 broken ribs and a fractuered shoulder. Poor bloke. HE came out of hospital yesterday. HE cant lie down as too painful and cant get comfy sitting up so has had about 24 hours sleep in the last week. Hopefully will get ebtter soon poor guy. Though he is hoping he can fly soon so he can spend longer than planned with his wife so that will be good if he can but with 5 ribs broke, not sure when he would be able to fly. Do feel soryr for him Cooked him a nice welcome home dinner yesterday though which he enjoyed so that is good. Is gonna be hard for him though as he isnt one to sit around and he gonna get soooo bored!

Still doing my teaching course, am gonna try and get completed befor baby is born so have to write up for 3 observations in the next five weeks and complete 2 modules by 31st of March. hmm, this will be a breeze... NOT! LOL, but worth a shot i guess! Can always defer if gets too much!

Love to all mummies and toddlers,

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:34 am

Hey ladies...

Have any of you tried potty training yet? I know Laura was trying...

I tried the other day with Sophie and I don't think she knows before she goes... She started in her pants but always finished on the potty so she knows where to do it but I'm not sure if to persevere or to wait a bit until I think she knows before h and?

I am in no rush to do it, I nly started beause she wanted to... Do I keep going and hope she starts to realise before she goes or do I leave it? I am leaning towards leaving it but I'm not sure if that will just confuse her!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 am

Hey vic

We've kinda tried but Ellie really does t know she wants to go til shes doing it and then she does it and shouts, mummy you to clean this up!!!

The thing is vic, I. More than happy to just leave her but we've got my parents and marks mum constantly going on and saying she should be in knickers by now!!! They're driving us mad lol. Anyway I'm just leaving her in nappies til she's ready. I'm obviously going to have bare bum time and encourage her to use it but that's as far as I'm going Smile

Hope everyone is well xxx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:59 am

Sounds like Sophie, except sophie just says she needs new knickers!

If she asks i am putting her on the potty / toilet but like you I am in no rush... Andrew was potty trained in the march so for soophie to be the same age that would be april...

I don't get the older generations rush to potty train! Do they leave her in knickers at their house?

I used pull ups with Andrew but Sophie just thinks they are nappies and will just go in them Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 am

Vic, I read that pull ups just cause confusion! I'm sticking to usual pampers Smile no none of them have her knickers at their house they just expect me to have her sitting on the potty from the break if dawn til sunset Smile. Ellie is such a happy confident little thing so I'm not going to start stressing her out with it all.

How are a & s? Ellie is great and her latest craze is play doh, she loves it:)
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

Ladies where is everyone!?

Rach said to let you all know she got her bfp this morning after loosing her last little bean in December! It's all hush hush for now of course as early days.
So pleased for her Smile

How are all the babies? God there not babies are they, they are small people with huge personalities! Can't believe they are getting so grown up!
Charlie is a typical 2 year old, ignores me, tantrums stroppy! But he is so loving and funny and cute! I love him to bits and get infuriated all in the same second lol!

Fran have a wonderful holiday! If you get a chance to login let us know your all there safe and sound! Smile

Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:51 am

Hey all,

Fran, hope hols is fantastic, v jealous!

Rach, that is fantastic news, lots of baby dust to her.

Kell, fingers crossed for a pinky tomorrow. Totally agree, scary they are not babies anymore. Sopha also typical stroppy pants at times but totally utterly adorable and love her to pieces!

All ggod here. Now two nights of sophia not getting up in night and two nights of her going down without a fuss, only getting up to tell us if she needs water or nappy change.

Finished work yesterday! Can't believe its only 8 and a half weeks to go! and so much to do still! Still to sort out mat b 1, got to decorate sophia's new room, change our room round and some redecorating and the bathroom to plasterboard and insulate and plaster ceiling plus re-tile! So fun times...... I wont be getting bored, that's for sure! ( dont panic though, will only do what i can, so notg gonna be plastering the ceiling lol!)

Hope all else are well. You proud of me? That was well concise!

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Good luck kell, hope it goes well :-)

Mandy, can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone. Glad Sophia has had two good nights, maybe this is the start of a good sleeping routine.

Fran happy hols :-)

Vic, how are you

Hugs to rach x
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi lovelies,

I had been thinking i should really post on this thread. It would be a shame for us to let it slip.

Yay for Rach, that is great news, you crazy lady!!!

Kell, you must be so excited about your scan. Pls update asap, i would love to know before i leave home. Fingers crossed for pinky! I suspect it may be...

Mandy so pleased you are getting some rest, that's a great improvement. Enjoy your mat leave, don't spend it all decorating!

Pen, how's things with you?

Well it would seem our flight is still scheduled... so we are all set to go!!!!!!! Yay! x x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: September 2009 mummies   September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

September 2009 mummies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Parenting :: Birth Clubs-
Latest topics
» Spotting
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
September 2009 mummies - Page 5 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???