Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What do you ladies think to this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

What do you ladies think to this? _
PostSubject: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 am

Was googling childrens speech development earlier out of interest and came across this......

http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:13 am

it wont load the page hun xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 am

Its pretty accurate for Ava x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 am

I find it a bit surprising as C can do some of the stuff a lot further on. Suppose it really does show just how different all kids actually are
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 am

got it now. Oh heck, Cerys is behind by 6 months eh?
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 am

Ive said to you before though Meggy, I reckon Cerys is storing it up til she has it spot on. Suddenly shes gonna wake up and never stop gasbagging at you
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 am

LOL I hope so. Mind you, she makes up for it with pure energy and a massive character Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 am

No is about right to x
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 am

yeah pretty spot on for benji too...follows instructions...hmmm Razz Laughing i tell him to lie down and he knows to lie down hehe Razz oh! and he also knows names to people...asked him where aunty becca was and he looked and smiled at her Very Happy lil cutie xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 am

It doesnt seem very accurate to me as Lily is just over 2 years old and she can deffo already do all the stuff in the 36 month list and lots from the 48 month list. The 48 month old list has stuff on that i think they do much earlier, i.e knowing colours and animals. Lily knows all of these.

This makes me sound like a nightmare mother who thinks their kid is a genius Very Happy but honestly this is not the case as she seems on a par with the others in her group at nursery.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 am

Id agree Kate, thats what Suse and I have been discussing on FB as both Libby and C hit stuff in the 48-60 month sections but when I asked Neil what he thought he reckons its because kids have more places to learn from like Beebies etc, its not just rubbishy kids tv but teaches them things so they have resources that may not have existed years ago and are learning quicker.
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 am

i would say finlay is spot on too x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:46 am

Ermmm...no I dont think its accurate at all!

From 36 months she can do most of it..and the same for the 4 years old ones - and I didn't think Izzy was particularly advanced for her age - she seems very similar to most toddlers her age.

Use pronouns I, you, me correctly - she know i, mine/yours and me/you
Is using some plurals and past tenses - she knows how to add s for more than one, and says things correctly like 'eaten', 'gone', 'been' etc so yeh
Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under - uses in, but not the others really
Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name - definitely!
Handles three word sentences easily - definitely!
Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words - absolutely no idea!
About 90% of what child says should be intelligible - probably but hard to gauge
Verbs begin to predominate - she uses them quite a bit
Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities - yes
Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason - if they mean that she can say its raining outside so needs a brolly and coat kinda thing then yes
Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?" - not really
Should be able to give his sex, name, age - yes
Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected - yes

and from the 4 year:
Knows names of familiar animals - she knows most animals, how to say them and the noise they make
Can use at least four prepositions or can demonstrate his understanding of their meaning when given commands - not really
Names common objects in picture books or magazines - yes
Knows one or more colors - yes
Can repeat 4 digits when they are given slowly - not quite
Can usually repeat words of four syllables - ummm can't really think of her needing to say any yet
Demonstrates understanding of over and under - yes
Has most vowels and diphthongs and the consonants p, b, m, w, n well established - gets a few letters wrong like d and j lol ...Josie Dump (no idea why she can say the first J and not the 2nd..!)
Often indulges in make-believe - - yes
Extensive verbalization as he carries out activities - yes
Understands such concepts as longer, larger, when a contrast is presented - yes
Readily follows simple commands even thought the stimulus objects are not in sight - yes
Much repetition of words, phrases, syllables, and even sounds - yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 am

I think they do learn stuff from tv as it seems like they only have to hear things once and then they know it, is amazing really!

We spend a lot of time reading books and playing games where she learns things too so i guess some of that must sink in. I have noticed she can say loads more sentences and complicated words since mixing with older children at the nursery too.

There was stuff in the press today saying that some kids starting school do not know their name and generally how poor their communication is, it is really sad as you wonder if their parents do anything with them at all.
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:50 am

Harry is doing all of the 24 months and some of the 36/48 months stuff too!Shocked

What a clever lad, no idea who he takes after lol xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 am

Kate wrote:
I think they do learn stuff from tv as it seems like they only have to hear things once and then they know it, is amazing really!

We spend a lot of time reading books and playing games where she learns things too so i guess some of that must sink in. I have noticed she can say loads more sentences and complicated words since mixing with older children at the nursery too.

There was stuff in the press today saying that some kids starting school do not know their name and generally how poor their communication is, it is really sad as you wonder if their parents do anything with them at all.

I watched Jamie Oliver in the USA with school kids of 15/16 who didn't know the names of lots of vegetables or where they came from etc - well fair enough Izzy doesn't know exactly where they come from yet but she knows the names of her fruit and veg and what she eats...so I was shocked when a 16yr old for example wouldn't know what broccoli was?!

If you say to Isabelle 'is your name Isabelle?' ' she laughs and says 'NO! Poppety' but if you ask her what her name is she says 'Isabelle' so you say 'oh so your name is Isabelle?' 'NO! Poppety' hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 am

Awww bless her shes so cute, Poppety lol xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 am

ah well now ive read the older stages, Cerys can do some of the 36 months and over but not all from the 24 months stage.

I dont believe in the "norm" or what is "normal" anyway. Cerys is who she is and that's that Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 am

well going by that my little girl is probably beyond 6 months behind Sad
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 pm

i wouldnt worry ladies, its a guide and some will develop language skills faster than others, but you might find that their physcial or social skills are not as advanced.

as for 0-6 months, my little one is doing well and rich has finally passed this phrase lol
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:29 pm

see Tyler doesn't speak much but he hits some points in the 36 month and 48 months with regards to his understanding and command following like he knows all his body parts head and leg and toes and tummy etc. And does everything I ask him (well you know... like any toddler does - if he WANTS to do it) but he knows what I mean.

So I think it's a bit wrong.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:32 pm

hmmm i guess elijah is about right, he really doesn't say much but does say 'oooooooh!, wooooooooow! sooooockkksssssss! and maamaaaaa' he used to say cat and a few other things but seems to have forgotten them for now Laughing

he also is doing really well with his signs and making noises to go along with them, just not the actual words yet - i think he is a doer rather than a sayer though as hes been walking for months...they do say its one or the other first so i don't think i will worry just yet?!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Well I have both examples here:

Thomas was 22 months before he said anything other than daddy and 24 months before he did any of the 18 month stuff in that list. 7 months later and he can do everything in the 48 month list and some of the 60 month so ladies with slow talkers defo don't worry.

Hannah on the other hand is 13 months and can do all the 18 month list already and a couple of the 24 month list i.e. she knows quite a few objects in her surroundings and can point to some body parts - little chatterbox Laughing

xx
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

Sophia can do all the 24 months stuff and some of the 36 and 48 month stuff. I agree with whoever said the 48 month stuff they do way younger. Sophia is saying colours now (although not always the right colour! Though usually can get red and pink right) and knows all the animal names and the sound which goes with each.

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:37 am

It's a weird one as Immi can do some of the things in the older catagories but not some of the things in hers. For example, 2/3 of what she says isn't intelligible, she rambles on in her own language all day, but she can point and name to all parts of her body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What do you ladies think to this?   What do you ladies think to this? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you ladies think to this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What do you ladies think to this? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words