Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Hmmm! Bad Mummy??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 am

Just been reading some of your replies on Kelly's post.....When I cam out of hospital when Alyssa was 6 weeks old Matt had already got her into a routine of going down in her Moses Basket in our bedroom on her own and we just stuck with that and she has always gone down and gone off no problems at all (she's now in her cot in her own room)....do you think we started that far to early and also does that make me a bad mummy? xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 am

No, dont be silly!
Izzy was in her own room in the cot by 8 weeks - and it was bliss - she slept and i slept - how is that bad?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 am

God I i hope not! Noah (5 weeks) is quite happily snoring away to himself in our bedroom on his tod, while i enjoy crap tv and a bit of a sit down! Mind you, Milo never let himself be seperated from me for more than 3 seconds at that age (and actually until about last month..) so it does feel a bit weird.

Our house is tiny and i can hear him grunt in his sleep, and at least this way he gets some peace and quiet!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 am

Not at all. I would have loved Jamie to do that but it was more common for me to still be sitting on the living room floor crying and feeding at 2am
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 am

We do same with Lucas, although he's still in with us, well for another month anyway, but we brought a crib so it's a tad bigger than a Moses basket.

He has a bottle at 7-8 then in crib and he sleeps too 7-8 I don't dream feed, he doesn't need or want it,

So no your not a bad mom, babies are different and what settles one won't settle another.

Although I do count myself as a very lucky mommy, with a very contented baby

Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

No i started putting Awen upstairs by 5 weeks and she was in her own room by 12. I think people just said to Kelly it wasnt the end of the world if she had H downstairs in the evening a while longer. If they will go down happily thats good too. See my flag Shev? Your kid your way remember, its whatever works for your family.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 am

Not bad at all - in fact I think its good!!! (But simply good luck in a way on your part). The only reason Caitlin was down with us for so long was because she wouldnt happily lie on her own and she needed fed ALOT in the evenings when BF. Because of on demand BF in evenings it was 2 months before we could even attempt to get any routine with feeding times by spacing btls etc.

Caitlin had her milk allergy to which made her scream for hrs at night & stop breathing, again that prob affected me wanting her with us till bedtime.

Dont feel bad. Caitlin wasnt down with us for extra cuddles/attention etc it was a genuine need or I would have gone insane up and down trying to sooth her or been very isolated feeding in her room for hrs at a time.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am

God no hun not bad at all! It's fab you could get her in a routine so early on. I did with Hannah because she was just a fab little sleeper and slept 11 hours from 5 weeks so I could do it. Thomas was a whole other kettle of fish and still is Rolling Eyes

The reason I said to Kelly to keep H in the living room with her is because she obviously isn't ready to go to bed yet and theres no point Kel sitting on her own in her bedroom with her OH in the other room if miss H is wide awake.

All babies are different (I know, I have Miss Chalk and Master Cheese here) and do things in their own time, just coz you got a good little sleeper doesn't make you a bad mummy Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Not at all!!!!

We were silly with Libby and kept her in our bedroom til she was over 6 months, we didnt need to and when we had Dexter decided it wasnt going to happen again.

So, I had been trying to put Dexter in his crib in our room in the evening since about 4 weeks and from about 7 weeks he was in his own bedroom (he didnt go down well until his reflux was medicated though).

TBH the fact that you have had her in a routine since she was that tiny is brilliant!!! You should be proud not thinking you're a bad mummy - you are far from it. xx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 pm

oh god no.

i was trying to find away to get her in bed earlier but she cluster feeds in the evening (2-3 hours) so i've no hope until she stops that. a routine at an early age is brilliant.

once miss H has stopped cluster feeding in the evenings i'll then think about sorting her bedtime out
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:46 am

I think its fab! Were trying to get Amelia intosome sort of a routine a the moment. Shes noramlly awful but last night she went down at 7 up at 1 back down by half past and up for the day at the 6. Its good to have a break from her and if shes happy you should be x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 am

a mummy im jealous of Laughing its great that matt managed to get her into a good routine, and lets face it it isn't as if you had much choice at the time! i think that if circumstances had been different/you hadn't been poorly/you had been able to bf you might have easily found yourself downstairs with her in the evening at 4, 5, 6 months and then having to tackle it, but everyones circumstances and routines are different Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? _
PostSubject: Re: Hmmm! Bad Mummy??   Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hmmm! Bad Mummy??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Hmmm! Bad Mummy?? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words