Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Need advise- Stealing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:01 am

Well, its become aparent that Tommy has stolen money from somewhere.

Its quite a long story but i'll try and keep it semi-short!

When i got back from Holiday my mum sent an envelope with £50 to my house, for my younger sisters school trips. The envelope has been on the side in my kitchen ever since.

Last week i was informed by one of the mums at the school that Tommy had given her daughter (his girlfriend) £15, the mum gave it back to me and when i asked tommy about it he just said he'd saved it up at his dads, that was a good enough excuse for me so i left it at that.

Skip to today, i go to the envelope to get the money for my sister and the money is no longer there, just an empty envelope. So i call Tommys dad and speak to Tommy. He denys that he took the money but i needed to ask to be sure. I think Told his dad about the £15, his dad said he knows there was not £15 at his house and then asked Tommy where he had got the money from.

Tommy has told his dad that the £15 had come from my house, that it was on our sofa and he took it. I hate to say this but i don't believe it, I cant be sure he took the money from the envelope but i know for sure we wouldn't just leave money on the sofa, so he has taken it from somewhere, My purse, oh'd wallet, his dad's wallet or the envelope i really don't know!

My issue is that he stole from someone somewhere and i now don't know where to go with this?

Obviously he needs a punishment, but a simple grounding just wont cut it on this occasion. I could really use some help on this one please guys, I feel so hurt, i'm sure most children do it at some point but when it's your baby things don't seem so straight forward Sad

Last edited by Kell on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:06 am

Wow, I really dont know what to say.

My first reaction as a parent would be one of utter despair and frustration. I wouldnt have a clue what to do, so im really not going to be much use.

I take it that you are 100% sure the £50 was in the envelope at the start (you saw it, etc.). In which case, its likely it came from that. Lets face it, he isnt going to give his gf all of the money, so £35 for him and £15 for her prob seems reasonable in his eyes.

Maybe some other mums can give some helpful advice on how to tackle this one so it doesnt happen again. I do know that I have heard people say that rather than being shouted at, if their parents showed utter dissapointment in them, it was enough not to do it again x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 am

I think id be inclined to sit him down, talk about the seriousness etc etc (in a way you think he will listen), I would make him do 'chores' to repay to you what has been taken (to try and teach him that money has a value), and id show real disappointment.

What hurt me most as a child was knowing that my parents were really disappointed in me......they always reserved this for big issues, I can probably only remember about a handful of times that this ever happened.

Hugs hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 am

Aww Hun, I'd say it's something a lot of kids do.

I'd sit him down and ask him again if he took the money, then say you know he did, he might tell you then.

I'd then give him a list of 15 jobs around the house to do to pay it back, if you think he took all 50 then 50 jobs. And Mark them off, no tv, no games till he's done all or some of them.

Do you think he could of given the rest away, also Hun don't want to distress you, but any chance he could be being bullied for money.

I'd have a look in his room for new things, and Id also get his dad to do the same, so he knows he can't get away from it in either home.

Sending you a hug, think you need it xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm

I went into a school on Tues because one of the children had stolen some money (£300) from the office. They didn't know who it was so I went to assembly to show a presence and explain right from wrong and that they at 10years old could get arrested. But also to explain how proud we would be if the person owned up etc etc. It took a bit of a White lie about fingerprinting and by 12 two boys admitted having something to do with it. X
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:13 pm

my cousins son had a habit of doing this , earlr morning and going to tescos and buying lego Sad
i am not saying this is what you should do as i say this boy had a habit , punishments did not work ,so my cousin phoned the police and had him charged

personally if it were me i would certainly be listing chores to pay it back i would also show my disappointment and i would sit with my phone and threaten to call ( maybe pretend to ) the police , the fear of me doing that would have my kids telling me everything
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Oh kell, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I went through this with charlotte when she was about 16. I'd left Pauls birthday money in a glass in the cupboard and weeks later when to get it for him it was gone £80! And then I started to connect this with other incidents Eg I thought I'd had £40 in my purse and when I'd looked I only had £20 etc!!!! She did admit it but only after I told her that if it wasn't her it must be her friends and I was going to see their mums, she soon confessed. I'd like to hope she's never done it since but to be honest I don't think I'll ever trust her!

But tommy is younger and I'd put it down to naughtyness and not fully understanding how bad stealing is. I'd make him suffer for a while and let him know how disappointed you are with him.

Hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!
My Name: Lucy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 am

hey sweetie..thats a tough 1!

but like afew of the other girls said i would probably sit him down and have a talk and say you KNOW he took the money cos he was only person in the house other than u since u checked it (something like that) and im pretty sure he'l back down!
just make a point about what happens to people when they steal even if they think there doing a nice thing by giving some to some1 else (cos he had his heart in the right place giving some to his gf) btw not excusin it at all!!

and just explain if he tells you the truth them he'l just have 2 do chores 2 pay you back but if he doesnt then u will have 2 fone the police and they will come find out who did it?

hope your ok Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:51 am

I deffo think a scare is the way to go. If you ring your local police station and explain the situation they will send someone out or invite you both down there and give him a right roasting, hopefully enough to scare him. In my experience you are not going to get the truth from him no matter what but maybe the police will make him think twice x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:13 am

Well it wasn't the police that scared him into confessing, it was the threat that everything will be out of bounds until he told us what had happened, and that his punishment will start the day he tells the truth but until then he was not to do anything other than sit on his bed.

To say I am gutted is an under statement but I know he's not the only child to have done it, he will be grounded for two weeks, going to bed early until December and no pocket money or treats as well. I feel harsh but I could do worse I suppose. In total he took £65, we have the £50 back as he miraculously 'found' it but the £15 was spent!
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:24 am

Awww Kell. Can i just say though you have to give him credit for confessing. I know that doesnt give you much comfort right now but it does show he has a conscience which means it isnt in his nature. xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 am

I think it's just one of those things that most kids do or at least think about to be fair, i'm sure if my mum ever left money lying around when I was a kid Id be tempted to take some.

I agree with Donna though the fact that he has confessed means he does know it was wrong and he wasn't prepared to lie about it which I think would have been much much worse!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 am

I think its very common in kids hun to go through a phase of it. its probably out of interest "how much can I get away with" sort of thing.

although I can understand why your so devastated.

xxxx
Back to top Go down
lucylou1991

lucylou1991

About Me!
My Name: Lucy

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:13 pm

i think u handeld that really well by the sounds of it! your punishment sounds fair as like u said it could have been alot worse! im sure he'l always remember it and wouldnt dream of doing it again! well done and just carry through with it Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Need advise- Stealing _
PostSubject: Re: Need advise- Stealing   Need advise- Stealing Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advise- Stealing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Need advise- Stealing Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words