Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 am

First topic message reminder :

for her twitchy/kicky leg. 920am

Im actually nervous, someone slap me
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
well as you say its good that they are looking into it - although a 'stop being so silly' would have been nice. hope the tests come back fine. bit of a weird seizure if its just in the one leg at particular times?!

That didnt surprise me over much as i have seen that before. Full grand mal fits are referred to as tonic clonic as tonic is the rigid stiffening and clonic is the jerking and you can get partial clonic seizures but id ruled out that in head as she stays awake and doesnt have any mental lag after. I did naughtily google this thing she is suggesting though and found this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7302/

Benign Myoclonus of Early Infancy

Benign myoclonus of early infancy, also referred to as benign nonepileptic infantile spasms, is a syndrome in which infants have clinical events suggestive of infantile spasms but with a normal EEG and clinical development. The events, which begin between 3 and 8 months, resemble infantile spasms, with clusters of flexion or extension extremity movements. However, unlike spasms, both the interictal and ictal electrographic pattern are normal. Regardless of treatment, the events resolve spontaneously at 2 to 3 years of age. Head magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and neurologic examination are normal, as is the developmental outcome. No subsequent seizures of any type are noted on follow-up (17,18).

thats actually set my mind at rest a bit havig seen that, if thats what she thinks it is then its not as bad as the need for an EEG made it sound
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 am

hm that does sound really really similar to what you have been describing - best of a bad bunch? i suppose although it would be horrible for a while at least it isn't causing lasting damage or likely to damage her long term development (i've been at the google tonight and have convinced myself that elijah's squint is actually him going blind or something, so there is a cautionary aside on google!)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Well yeah if it is that Im fairly reassured by that like you say she will grow out of it wth no long term effects so its hugely preferable to anything that might show up on an EEG or any hip dysplasia.

Managed to get a minute and a half video of it during the milk this morning showing properly how she stiffens it out first before jerking it then my sodding phone crashed and i lost the lot. Am well peeved. Just as well ive go plenty of time to try again
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Only just seen this. I really hope the tests come back ok and shes just a restless little monkeychops xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 pm

typical innit that as soon as you want to get some 'evidence' it suddenly becomes impossible, get some cctv Very Happy thats not creepy at all Laughing
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:59 am

well glad they are not too worried. its prob nothing n just some thing weird she does. not in a bad way but just has the need to do it n then it bugs her if u get me?

like you know when some thing smells bad but u have to smell it nay way? like that? she knows it will bug her if she does it but does it any way?x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:39 am

I have only just caught up with this.

It sounds like she isnt too concerned but is obviously good at her job and wants to rule the other two options out.

I hope you get the appointments through asap so you are not stuck around waiting for ages xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow   Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Got Awens Paeds appt tommorrow - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words