Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

WTF is wrong with some people!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

WTF is wrong with some people!? _
PostSubject: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:35 am

Its my grandpa's 75th birthday on the 21st, so my grandparents are having an open day at their house where people can pop in for cake, etc.

I am due on the 19th - a couple of weeks ago, my gran asked me if I could 'change my due date' so that I could make sure I could go Shocked.

My gran has just called me and asked whats going on with the baby, so I told her im having a c section next Thursday, so she said 'oh, so that means you can come to our house on the 21st'.

Er, no, it isnt likely.

Firstly, I have no idea how im going to feel a week after having a c section. Secondly, I have said that James can play football on the 21st as he will have been pretty much housebound with me so I think it will do him some good as he has sacrificed so much for me in this pregnancy (my mum is going to come and sit with me while he is gone).

My gran simply doesnt accept that I have no way of getting 3 kids to their house, after a c section, for a bit of fecking cake! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:46 am

Just say to her you're having your abdominal muscles severed and the removal of a 7lb ish growth and then ask if she'd expect you to be able to do anything comfortably afterwards, let alone with 3 children. FFS! (ps I don't mean your lovely bundle is a growth but you know what I mean xxx)
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 am

LMFAO Lisa... I love how you put it... I think I will say that to her, not that she will understand Rolling Eyes.

I think some old people live in a different world half the time x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:04 am

It just astounds me as a c-section is a major op! I mean if someone had gone in for their appendix out then you wouldn't expect them to be up and doing within a week. Especially not whilst looking after 2 toddlers and a new born baby. Grrrr at your nan!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:24 am

Oh my god.what a joke! Does she think a.c.section is like having a hair cut?
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:27 am

What! Why would anyone expect that (and I love the idea that you can move you due date). You won't be able to drive anyway and even if its close you're not going to be up to walking any distance
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:41 am

eee sorry to have a different voice on this, i totally understand your reasoning for not going, but in fairness to your gran a football game for james over seeing my grand parents on a special day just wouldn't feel right. Its not like the date has changed suddenly. Unfortunatly i think its a generational thing to expect certain things, Like its my nan's 80th in a couple of weeks and i know it will mean the world to her to see us all to celebrate it, and i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be an excuse i could come up with (other than active labour possibly) that would be good enough.

i dont think they think things through as realistically as you and i tbh, she probably just wants to make the best of the day for his birthday, you guys obviously mean alot to them
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry Kel, I forgot to mention. James cant drive my car, so even if he wasnt at football I wouldnt be able to go to see them. My car is also the only car that we can get 3 car seats in. That is why I have said he can go to football as it wouldnt really matter either way where he is concerned xx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 am

Ah that's makes sense now! Lol
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:51 am

PMSL! What's wrong with you..didn't you know that back in her day..they'd give birth on a dirt floor..only to get up afterwards and clean it, then carry on to make 100 loaves of bread on a firewood stove, and fetch pails of water from the well! How could you miss his party! I am giggling at this post. Old ppl just don't get it at all..sad to say that I am now on the path! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:27 am

jenshayne wrote:
PMSL! What's wrong with you..didn't you know that back in her day..they'd give birth on a dirt floor..only to get up afterwards and clean it, then carry on to make 100 loaves of bread on a firewood stove, and fetch pails of water from the well! How could you miss his party! I am giggling at this post. Old ppl just don't get it at all..sad to say that I am now on the path! Laughing

LMFAO! Love it! Yep, that is pretty much what old people are like Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.

If I am up to it, then I will see if my dad will come and take me and the kids (in my car), but I know if I promise now that she will hold me to it, lol!

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:37 am

Omsk change your due date, can you schedule baby,s arrival like a doctors appointment these days, some people
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 am

Back in the day they used to have to stay in hospital for about 10days after having a baby, and thats a natural birth (So i was told by the many old ladies I've looked after)..I suppose thats if they actually got to the hospital.
I remember having the convo with an old lady and the shock on her face when I said i'd be home the following day after having Oliver lol

I can't actually believe she's putting so much preasure on you about it. Clearly its the only thing thats going on in her world at the moment but even so..you will have not long since had a c section, have a newborn baby to tend to and 2 toddlers!! and she wants you to RSVP!!! Shocked

As said before, you wont be able to drive until you've been given the say so anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: WTF is wrong with some people!?   WTF is wrong with some people!? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF is wrong with some people!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
WTF is wrong with some people!? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words