Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

double pushchairs ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Well im not due until July with my 2nd and i was wondering whether to get a cheap 2nd hand double pushchair (i dont want to spend alot) Riley is 3 now and walks everywhere but when we go to town i sit him in the pushchair once we've walked from where we park, mainly because we spend 3-4 hour there which i know he'd end up being tired plus he has to touch everything (so he behaves better) would you bother getting one? what have u done if u have had a 3year old and a baby? and if u did get one which sort of double is big enough for a 3year old thanx for looking everyone xx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 am

Buying a double was the bet thing I ever did! Mine are closer together but Lillie keeps running off now I can strap her in. Little thug you'll find is a mission like gettin out of the car etc or if we're in a busy shop or car park.

I would never hesitate def get a cheap double. X
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 am

We have a cheap double though its not used all the time. For shortish journeys C walks wearing her backpack with a strap but for going round town we have a cheap double though she hops in and out as she wants and im gradually getting rid of it. Its more for my convenience atm if im rushed etc though she takes a bit of persuading to walk as she likes sitting with Awen. By 3 she wont have it anymore though she will just walk everywhere. Id have her doing it now if she didnt keep asking to sit with awen and some days i cave in for an easy life. FYI though she didnt like the buggyboard and it was a huge waste of money for me as well as giving me backache I wouldnt reccomend it
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:22 am

i kinda disagree with niccsy about 3 being too old, i do think it depends on the child especially if they are the type to want what the other one has (e.i brother/sister is sitting in pushchair, i want to too), and tbh we easily walk 3+ miles when we are out everyday and i do think thats a bit much for a little one!!!
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:14 am

We use the pushchair for Seb when we want him to nap, since he won't nap in the day in the cot any more, he doesn't nap every day but sometimes when he seems a bit too tired we go out for a walk. I know someone with a 3 yr gap who is thinking of buying double for the same reason.

And although he could walk most places we do do a lot of miles like Mari, and there are times in crappy weather when you just want them both under the raincover so you can keep moving.

I think it does depend a lot on the child and on your lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:28 pm

im generally meaning around town and to shop etc, if you walk miles then it is a bit different, braden last used a pushchair at 15 months! However i do agree it differs with the child, dita, very rarely but sometimes does go in the buggy because she finds it hard to stay vertical for more then 30 seconds and she has just turned 2.
You drive don't you though jayne? so if you were going miles you wouldn't prob walk?
x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

i think im slightly over-the-top anti-pushchairs because i have an image engraved on my head of my 6 year old neice being pushed around in one and it nearly collapsing underneath her with her weight!
I do get how much more convenient it is though. Takes me 40 minutes to go to the corner shop with dita, 3 minutes on my own.
x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:44 pm

hahaha errr 6 is a bit extreme!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 am

Definitely depends on the child and your lifestyle. I'm 100% sure Ellie will be still in her pushchair at 3+, especially in town as if i have to concentrate in something (shoes, dresses, banking) I need to know that she's safe and secure and not running out of the door or disturbing pretty bone china/cut glass vase displays. Ellie is a bit of handfull though. Also we do like long walks which are far too long for little legs.

So, I think that you know your child best and how you cope with trips into town. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: double pushchairs ??   double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

double pushchairs ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
double pushchairs ?? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words