Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Stressed about birth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 am

Ok here goes with my essay!! I had a horrid time having Aron, from having the needle from the epidural in my back 4 times and still not getting the epidural to there being meconium in my waters when they were broken to Aron not breathing and ending up in SCBU 3 days later with fits! Where as with Jake I had a planned C-section which was calm and lovely and Jake was fine! The trauma of Aron's birth carried on after with Aron not being able to feed and Jake breastfeed fine!

I am starting to stress about what to do this time around, a c-section means more recovery time but I would feel better with that than the crappy birth I had with Aron! Also having a section means that I would know when I am having bubs which would help as my flipping mother has booked herself a 2 week cruise which means she is away over my due date and as my OH doesn't drive it's gonna be a nightmare with the kids etc!

I just am so confuddled and stressed out about it all I don't know what to do!! Oh and bubs is still breech atm too!

Ta for reading

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 am

awww, I wish I knew what to suggest.

I had a harsh labour with Aimee and am dreading going through it again too.

I have just told myself that every birth is different and I have learned from the first experience so am hoping that will keep me going.

Do whatever feels right in your heart hun x
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:45 am

A c-section seems to make sense but then I think like you say no 2 births are the same and it will be different this time, but then I think no 2 pregnancies are the same but all 3 of mine have been pretty damn similar!

Grrrr dunno what to do!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:17 am

umm I dunno what to say either, im the opposit. I had a easy time really with lillie no complications really and over within few hours once it got going.

but now D day is getting nearer I am starting to panic, as you say no 2 births are the same.... so worried Im going to have a hell time this time.

Im worried il have a csec only becasue of the recovery more than anything.
if youve not got much support around you at the time which you'l need. my mums going away end of nov which im worrying about if I do ahve a section or go over.

Its hard to say... mind if he's still breeched then you wont have a choice, will they go ahead and do a csec?
aw hun I dont konw what to say... wish it was a case of a sneeze and whala heres you baby Stressed about birth! Icon_lol Stressed about birth! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:28 am

Jake was breech and I was given a choice until they scanned him and he had his legs straight out across the bottom of my tummy! The recovery wasn't too bad with my section and aslong as I didn't sneeze, cough or giggle too much it wasn't that painful! I still am slightly numb where my scar is ten years on, but it's noting major! If I have a section my mum will be about for the first 2 weeks which will be a help with the boys then OH can take a weeks holiday back to work for a week then have his 2 weeks paternity leave while mum is away, his mum has offered to drive the boys to and from school so that all works out well! If I have him naturally then my carefully thought out plans are worth bugger all!!!

OH is happy for me to have a section but my mum is dead against it which is a bugger!

I was induced with Aron so have never gone into labour naturally, so I am sure that makes a difference!

Am sure you will have a fab experience again Emma! But I know how you feel about your mum being away!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 pm

I can't really say but would think you're in a good position to weigh it up, having already had a c-section? Why is your mum dead against? scratch

It sounds like a section is what would be 'practical' but if you feel that you would regret not trying a vbac then it's going to take longer to consider.

I hate being told that I had a "normal" labour first time as it was anything but - the final stages and afterbirth (being stitched back up) were horrific. But I feel like I don't want that to cheat me out of trying again and I had done so well myself up to the last few hours, I am at a different hospital and will make sure my needs are listened to and I'm not fobbed off with 'can't go in pool, can't move off bed' etc.

Sorry - that's just a personal ramble there! But all I can say is that as you know birth can be bloody awful and not the rosy-glow-with-a-few-period-pains some women seem to have scratch but I have no idea what it's like to recover from a c-section so can't compare?!

I have no idea what that tuppence worth is good for, but it is a decision only you can make as you are the one going through it all, but then you know that already Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Heya...I know it probably isn't that helpful, but personally I would opt for the section - I would be so stressed about last time I would find the labour traumatic I think even if it went well! Emotionally exhausting I would think, but it's entirely up to you - tricky decision to make!
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:52 am

My mum is against it cause of the recovery time of not being able to drive and I need to drive to get kids to and from school! But think I have that covered if needs be!

Any point of view is helpful as it gives me an idea of how others would deal with it rather than just my own!

I keep playing aron's birth over and over in my head and it doesn't get any better each time! Still waiting for his hospital notes too! I am at a different hospital too this time!

I am seeing the consultant again tomorrow so will mention it then and see what they say!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:10 pm

it isn't your mum who had the experience though is it Stressed about birth! 548646 I was determined to have a 'natural' birth and was lucky that I could and did but I wouldn't opt out of having a section for good reason if I knew it was a better experience for me - sorry if I sound really preachy haha I think you will just need to figure out what is best for you

i know it isn't an option for many people but I have found at times speaking things out with an objective person (for me it was a cognitive behaviour therapist/private cousellor) is really helpful - but at £40 a go it isn't possible for many people (or me any more haha). Maybe try and find someone who has no feelings either way because sometimes discussing it can help you come to your own answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 am

My mum is a very opinionated person and as a Taurus is typical bull in a china shop type! Shocked

It would be good if I could do that Mari but I am skint as usual and thought I would use this a my sounding board!

I sort of spoke to my consultant today but he said to wait and see how growth scan etc goes! The midwife there seemed to be more positive about it. I have my growth scan next week and am seeing the consultant the week after!

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Stressed about birth! _
PostSubject: Re: Stressed about birth!   Stressed about birth! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stressed about birth!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Stressed about birth! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Stressed about birth! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Stressed about birth! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Stressed about birth! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Stressed about birth! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Stressed about birth! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Stressed about birth! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Stressed about birth! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Stressed about birth! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Stressed about birth! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Stressed about birth! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Stressed about birth! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Stressed about birth! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Stressed about birth! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Stressed about birth! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words