Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

So Stressed! HELP!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

WE ARE GOING TO HAVEN MON-FRI 2 WEEKS TOMORROW AND I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START! WE LAST WENT 6 MONTHS AGO (OUR 1ST FAMILY HOLIDAY) AND ALTHOUGH I DIDNT FORGET ANYTHING I TOOK WAY TO MUCH (I DONT KNOW WHICH IS WORSE!)
SOOO, WHERE WOULD YOU START? I DINT KNOW WHAT CLOTHES TO TAKE OR HOW MUCH FOOD. WE BROUGHT SO MUCH BACK LAST TIME BUT I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO BUY EVERYTHING WHILST WE ARE THERE AS THEIR SHOPS ARE SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE AS SUPERMARKET PRICES HERE. AND WITH US HAVING A MUCH SMALLER CAR NOW (WE HAVE CHANGED FROM A PICASSO TO A GOLF) WE JUST CANT TAKE THE AMOUNT WE DID IN SEPT
WE NEED 2 PRAMS AND 3 SUITCASE FOR STARTERS SO ALREADY WE ARE VERY LIMITED ON ROOM. WE HAVE HIRED A COT THIS TIME SO WE DONT HAVE TO TAKE OUR OWN, AND THEY HAVE STARTED PUTTING MICROWAVES IN THE CARAVANS AS STANDARD NOW SO WE WONT NEED TO TAKE 1 OF THEM THIS TIME EITHER (ALTHOUGH WE WOULDNT HAVE NEEDED TO THIS TIME ANYWAY AS WE HAVE UPGRADED AGAIN)
SORRY FOR RAMBLING, I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW IM EXPECTING EITHER OF YOU TO HELP, PLUS I HAVENT A CLUE WHAT THE WEATHERS GOING TO BE LIKE SO DONT KNOW WHAT TO TAKE CLOTHING WISE.
JESUS I WORRY AND MOAN FAR TOO MUCH! IM NOW WORRYING THAT I NEED TO GO OUT AND BUY MORE COATS AND MORE SHOES AND MORE CLOTHES INCASE WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH OR THAT THE ONES WE HAVE WILL GET DIRTY AND WE WILL RUN OUT

ARGHHH, SORRY FOR SUCH A WHINGE SO EARLY ON A SUNDAY MORNING!
OOPS, SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS TOO

HAVE A LOVELY DAY Y'ALL X
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:07 pm

have they not got a laundrette on site hun for the clothes, i would just sit and think what would we eat at home that week and just take that and a few extra treats. x
Back to top Go down
donzy&harry

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Is there not a supermarket nearby?I know the site shops are dear, what i did was once there got oh to take h swimming, park etc whilst i unpacked then went to shops itwas much less stressful then trying to ram it all in the car. You can take dry stuff like t coffee sugar but u would need to go shops for fresh bits

Also use the sites laindrette like suzie said, make sure you take plenty of loose change

Thirdly! Stop stressing! Ur goin on holiday! Whoop whoop! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Wow Hun calm down, it's a 5 day holiday not moving house!
Why on earth would you need 3 suit cases? Why don't you take a small tub of washing powder and if needs must clean clothes in the sink?
As for coats etc, my boys have 1 coat and I simply wouldn't by another just in case! Shoes take wellies and trainers for them they don't need any more. Manybe a pair of normal shoes for the evenings.
The kids are not going to care what they wear, it'll be mostly trousers and t shirts with a jumper for them, maybe take them some shorts or a skirt but its unlikely to be really hot in a couple of weeks.
If you don't go mad you definatly should get there clothes in one case. What about black bags, I know you probably care too much what other think and not do it but they save tonnes of room!

Food hmmm, plan your meals that way you know what your having and won't by loads to take home.

Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Haha kell! We took black back n carrier bags last time becauae we didnt have any suitcases but now we do i thought it would be easier to get auitcases in tye car rather than trying to get loads of odd ahaped lumpy back in! I really dont wana be doing washing whilst we are away thats for sure haha. im probably just having a bad day, its was so easy last time we went so i dont know why im stressing now. x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Try and pack the suitcase and the two prams in now just to see if it's doable. That way you'll know how much space you have or haven't got! x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Ok......

Take some kagools instead of thick coats and wang some jumpers in. Plan your meals for the week before you go then you only need to take that stuff.

wellies are a must then you can still go on the beach if the weather is shit.

1 pair of summer shoes each(just incase), 1 pairnormal shoes(travel in them) wellies.

then 1 outfit per day that can be layered to increase warmth if needed.

HTH.

MOST OF ALL......., ENJOY IT YOU LOON!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Oh god I am exactly the same! Hoping to get abroad in a couple of months and already I'm stressing - how will we sterilise bottles? Should I buy one of those booster-seat cum high-chairs? What if imogen's allergic to the local wet-wipes? If babies aren't supposed to have mineral water and the tap water is no good then what do you do? What if she hates the beach? How many toys is it reasonable to take? Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh!!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 am

Katie - have you seen that episode of friends where Joey wears ALL of chandlers clothes? Well if all 5 of you do that you could just travel in them (will save on fuel to heat the car too) then take em off and hang em up when you get there Very Happy Kids only have little legs so squish a load of stuff into the rear foot wells too Very Happy

Seriously though hun - stop stressing and do what Jo said - have a wonderful time! Get away from this miserable manc weather.

Em - do you still sterilise Imogens bottles? affraid Those soft foldable travel booster seat thingies are handy for containing toddlers. If she is allergic to the wet wipes, use a cloth and water. Thomas has been having bottled water on occasion (when out and about) since 12 months and he's been fine. I doubt she would hate the beach - just make sure she has shade and a big towel/blanket to sit on incase she's not a fan of the feel of sand and a few toys. I wouldn't take too many toys hun - everything will be exciting and new on holiday so plenty to keep her amused but if all else fails a set of keys and your purse/phone will probably keep her amused for longer than any toy. Have fun Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 am

lol firstly calm down, We're going to Haven next Monday and I'm just starting to plan, we're going for 4 nights/5 days so food wise what I've done is taken enough for breakfast every morning, 2 evening meals and some sandwich bits for lunch plus drinks and toiletries, we'll eat out the other meals. Then for the clothes, I know it sounds a bit ott but I've planned the outfits for each day, incorporating extra clothes for Chloe as she's potty training but worst case there's a launderette there so I can do some washing if need be.

Try not to panic, if you run out of anything you can guarantee there will be a tesco within 10 miles Very Happy

Enjoy your holiday x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 am

We're off to Clacton on Friday.. Im taking a holdall....
The boys only need an outfit a day.. perhaps clean top incase you hit the club in the evening..
so Friday they will travel in uniform (as leaving as school kicks out) throw on trackies when we get there.. Saturday and Sunday complete outfit. Monday trackies (from friday) swimmys and trainers and wellies... I can't imagine needing shorts, sun cream for a while yet Smile
Probably throw in spare trousers for Hayden.
I dont do loads of luggage..
Holdall, pram and box of food (tea, coffee, sugar, cereal, loaf of bread, butter, multipack of crisps, mug (dont do teacups Wink) haydens cutlery juice cups etc..)
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:56 am

Debs - sorry to go off on a tangent but do you mean I don't have to sterilise bottles???????
I thought it a bit odd that the tippee cup is fine in the dishwasher but bottles still get sterilised but bud (?madly) put it down to it being something to do with the milk lingering in the teat.
Oh happy day - can I put the steriliser away really?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 am

you took a microwave on holiday????????!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 am

Get that sterliser in the bin love, dishwasher is fine from 6m, roll on the 1st of april when i wave bye bye to mine Smile
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:10 am

Em hun - get rid of that thing like yesterday!! lol. I was slightly anal with Thomas and sterilised until 10 months but with Hannah it was gone at 7 months never to be brought out again! Laughing I suppose it's a personal thing and a lot of people choose to sterilise up to 12 months but for me, by the time they are 6/7 months and licking carpets and chewing shoes there's not a great amount of point wasting your time tbh. All I do is give them a really good scrub in hot soapy water and rinse with fresh water and then screw them together and store until needed. Go reclaim your kitchen worktop space hun - you will feel so much better tomorrow Wink Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Omg debs im actually pissing nyself laughing at u! Not actually at you but what you just wrote! Hilarious!!! Emvar, i cant believe you still sterilise you nutter. And yes mari, we took a microwave last time as we would have had no way to warm calebs dinners up x
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Yesterday OH sterilised imogen's toothbrushes and dummies to give them an extra clean Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

^ i think that's nice Laughing i still stick half of elijahs stuff in the steriliser and he doesn't even use bottles.....hm So Stressed! HELP!!! 884670
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

So Stressed! HELP!!! _
PostSubject: Re: So Stressed! HELP!!!   So Stressed! HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

So Stressed! HELP!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
So Stressed! HELP!!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words