Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Brilliant News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/scientists-cause-preeclampsia-article-huib.html
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 am

Yeh fab news! lets hope it can reduce the amount of deaths!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am

Hopefully so. Having been left and left despite all the signs in my last preg and ending up with the onset of an eclamptic fit needing iv anti seizure meds and iv blood pressure meds during labour im shit scared of it happening again hence demanding an elective sec this time. Im being a bit militant this time round but I really believe its not got enough media and people need to know more about it as it is a silent killer.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 am

That looks really hopeful! I had high BP but not fulll blown pre-eclampsia. Spent the last 4 wks of PG in hospital every other day for 5/6 hrs at a time being monitored/getting bloods taken. In the end I was induced on due date. It was never confirmed whether it was a medical condition or just white coat syndrome. One day I was 170/110 and sent straight to ward but I always managed to get down to 145/91 ish and allowed home at night on bed rest. During labour I was given epidural for medical reasons to try reduce BP, they never told me how high it got but at the end I think it was pretty high as they got her out v.quickly with episiotomy..

Strangely after birth my BP was perfect. Kind of think this proves it wasnt purely white coat syndrome but would have been nice to be able to tell it wasnt such a dangerous condition. x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:02 am

This is fab news, Ollie died because of undiagnosed preeclampsia and I'm terrified of it happening again.

Mario, are they letting you have a section because of the preeclampsia? My consultant evaded the question when I asked him at my post natal appointment, by saing the risk of me having an emergency section was so high that its pointless discussing it untill I get to 34 weeks (when I get my bfp that is). Also do you know when the earliest they wil do a section is? The midwives told me after I had Ollie that I shouldn't go past 34-35 weeks next time but I've heard 37 weeks is the earliest they will do them unless its an emergncy.
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:40 am

This is fabulous!!

I too had pre-e in my first pregnancy (bp 170/115 with protein 5g/24hrs), and desperately wanted to avoid it in the 2nd. i told most of you but for Olliesmammy i think its important I write it again just incase.

There are also some pretty fab studies linking magnesium supplements in pre-e prevention....google it! Get to Holland and Barrett and buy 'chelated magnesium 150mg' and take one or two a day!

It may be coincidence but the only thing i did different this time was the magnesium, and i drank 2 litres of water a day! Pre-e started but got nowhere near danger levels (bp 150/95 and protein 2+)

I hope this helps xxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:44 am

Thank you Lisa, Ill look into it xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:49 am

olliesmammy wrote:
This is fab news, Ollie died because of undiagnosed preeclampsia and I'm terrified of it happening again.

Mario, are they letting you have a section because of the preeclampsia? My consultant evaded the question when I asked him at my post natal appointment, by saing the risk of me having an emergency section was so high that its pointless discussing it untill I get to 34 weeks (when I get my bfp that is). Also do you know when the earliest they wil do a section is? The midwives told me after I had Ollie that I shouldn't go past 34-35 weeks next time but I've heard 37 weeks is the earliest they will do them unless its an emergncy.

Hey hon. I had an emergency sec last time cos the pre eclampsia was getting to danger levels. Started having rises in bp at 19 weeks which they said was stress. By 32 weeks i gained 2 stone in water retention in a fortnight and was heaving high bp, headaches, visual disturbances you name it but they kept leaving me cos i didnt have protein in my urine so it couldnt be p-e! By the time i got the protein at 37 weeks i was 4 stone heavier than when i got pg and was suffering liver edge pain and they still left me on a hosp ward for 4 days while they waited for urine test results with the effect that when they finally induced me my bp was awful, i was on the verge of seizure til they put up iv anticonvulsants to stop the limb jerks and my kidneys shut down during labour. Ended up with an emergency sec when c got her cord round neck and dropped her pulse. So this time when the consultant asked me to consider vbac i told him politely to do one. I said there was no way i was going through an expereince that terrifying again as i was fairly sure (and backed up by my mw) it was the defining factor in my post natal depression and i was frankly feckin petrified of the thought. He didnt argue just put me down for elective sec at 38 weeks. If you are keeping well they prefer not to do a sec til 37 weeks minimum as bubs isnt full term til then but if you are like me they will monitor you like nowt else. Im now under consultant care, scan at 12 weeks, mw at 16, scan at 20, placenta ultrasounds at 22, 24 and 26, consultant at 28, more growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 plus extra consultant or mw appointments as needed. They will look after you this time hon but i can appreciate how scary it must be not knowing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:50 am

LisaMnGirls wrote:
This is fabulous!!

I too had pre-e in my first pregnancy (bp 170/115 with protein 5g/24hrs), and desperately wanted to avoid it in the 2nd. i told most of you but for Olliesmammy i think its important I write it again just incase.

There are also some pretty fab studies linking magnesium supplements in pre-e prevention....google it! Get to Holland and Barrett and buy 'chelated magnesium 150mg' and take one or two a day!

It may be coincidence but the only thing i did different this time was the magnesium, and i drank 2 litres of water a day! Pre-e started but got nowhere near danger levels (bp 150/95 and protein 2+)

I hope this helps xxx

Lisa does it matter if i havent started taking em yet and start now? Im trying to cut out caffiene at mo but its not helping the headaches i already get from hormones and getting bp spikes at mo so slightly anxious and wudnt mind giving em a try if its worth it
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 am

Thanks Mario! From what I've read placenal abruption (which was caused by the pre-e) is more common in induced labours so to me that isn't an option because my logic tells me why put any risk when there needn't be. Again thats my thinking about going over 37 weeks, the bubs would be safer out than in, I'm just hoping my coinsultant will agree when the time comes.

He's already agreed to doppler scans every two weeks and I'll be seeing the midwife alternating weeks from 20 weeks so an appointment every week, he's pretty much had to agree to what I ask for because of how badly they messed up with Ollie. I wont be scared to make a fuss next time thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 am

No mario, get them started - I only started them about 20wks! My anxiety was helped loads with them too (bonus!)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 am

Dont be afraid to make a fuss at all. Im being a militant cowbag this time! Well more so than usual...

I will be looking in town tommorrow then Lisa thanks xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Brilliant News _
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant News   Brilliant News Empty

Back to top Go down

Brilliant News

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Brilliant News Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Brilliant News Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Brilliant News Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Brilliant News Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Brilliant News Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Brilliant News Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Brilliant News Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Brilliant News Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Brilliant News Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Brilliant News Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Brilliant News Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Brilliant News Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Brilliant News Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Brilliant News Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Brilliant News Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words