Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

A Eureka moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Well afte C asked me to put her to bed last night at 1930 i really hoped for some decent sleep and even took myself off to bed at 2130. (unfortunately was still awake an hour later stupid text messages)

But after some grumbles at 2 and 3 she decided to start at 5. Went in to find the cat on top of her washing pawing through it and had obv woken her up. Gave her some milk at 0515 hoping she might go back to sleep but she started again at 0530, tried to put her back to bed and ignore her shouting but by 0550 she was hysterical so got a blanket and snuggled us both up on the armchair in her room which had a little success and we both managed to get another 30 mins or so.

But the eureka moment came at 0630 when i heard all the noise from our room. Because of the way Caelyns door faces it opens right out onto the hallway and the acoustics mean you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the hall and our room, heard neils alarm go off, heard him yawn and cough, heard his wardrobe door open even. Caelyn is a light sleeper anyway and if the cats are farting around in the hall and all thats going on in our room (even being quiet neil is a thundering heffalump) its no wonder shes up at crack of dawn every day even though shes still tired.

Have said to neil we need to start shutting the bedroom doors at night and cats can sleep downstairs. However, hes sulking cos he said i should have put c in bed with us instead of on the armchair with me and i said no way cos he cant shut hus mouth and stop chatting to her when i do that. So he doesnt want to shut the cats out of our room Mad

Ive agreed to try just shutting c's door for tonight and see if it cuts enough noise out for her to sleep but if it doesnt he is not getting his own damn way and the cats can just go sleep in the sittingroom. Its ok for him he sleeps through it every f***ing night and im TIRED! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry that turned into a rant at the end
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Hope it goes better tonight, I usually have to close the door to the boys room, although charlie sleeps quite well, you can hear the floor boards squeeking, the dog coming up and dog the stairs, etc etc
Drives me mad!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Ooooo fingers crossed you've found the cause then! It does make a lot of sense if C is a light sleeper so hopefully shutting her door will help. xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

I allways have the door closed to H room for that reason. We find when Dale is on early shift H wakes earlier as wrell as his room is next to bathroom. Have you tried some low level music, white noise in her room to drown out any noises. We have been doing this for H so he doesnt hear Lewis cry in the night and seems to work x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:15 pm

we close the door to Alices room for the same reason Mario! Maggie still manages to wake her up as she miaows really loudly at the first sign of movement from us i could stranlgle the bloody thing, during the summer she used to come in at the first sign of daylight and wake us up to go out and bloody Adam wont kick them out, we can make them sleep downstairs tho as she scratches the bloody doors to get out, she cannot stand closed doors that cat the only one she doesnt scratch to get in is Alices!!! mmmm wonder why, although i have caught her locked inside a couple of times. anyhoo, that turned into a cat rant of my own......

hope it works, there is nothing worse than a baby up has been woken up before they are ready!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Hope it works! We've always had to close Caitlins door as we live in a bungalow and noise travels up the whole hall.

My OH bugs me too, on Sat it looked like I was getting a lie in and the tosser nearly fell out of bed at 830 smashing the alarm clock off the wall... 5 seconds later, waaaa waaa waaa waaa Rolling Eyes . 830 would be a miracle for you though, Caitlin can sleep til after 8 a good few times a week but my only plea for joining the sleepy mummy club is that she wakes numerous times a night for chats to herself or a moan.

Fingers crossed closing doors etc is the miracle you've been searching for! x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

A Eureka moment _
PostSubject: Re: A Eureka moment   A Eureka moment Empty

Back to top Go down

A Eureka moment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
A Eureka moment Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
A Eureka moment Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
A Eureka moment Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
A Eureka moment Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
A Eureka moment Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
A Eureka moment Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
A Eureka moment Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
A Eureka moment Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
A Eureka moment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
A Eureka moment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
A Eureka moment Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
A Eureka moment Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
A Eureka moment Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
A Eureka moment Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
A Eureka moment Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words